Hello.

I downloaded Slacker radio, google talk and AIM

My question is, i thought were not allowed to stream on verizon? and also does google talk and aim go through data or text?

thanks
    04-01-09 08:51 AM
    I already answered you question in your other thread, please don't double post..... Thx
    04-01-09 08:57 AM
    An indication of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly & expecting a different result.

I wonder if asking the same thing repeatedly, looking for a different answer, also qualifies?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:00 AM
    The audacity of idioacracy.

04-01-09 12:17 PM
    I agree with encouraging a new user not to double post, but the level of criticism on this forum is unreal.

Yester18, while your answer to his question in his other post makes sense to many users, it wasn't tailored to someone who doesn't understand how the billing for a bb plan works.
    04-01-09 12:50 PM
    the level of criticism on this forum is unreal.
    Oh no, it is VERY real - and we have many here who are VERY good at it.

04-01-09 01:18 PM
    Oh no, it is VERY real - and we have many here who are VERY good at it.
    True, just not something I would be proud of. As I am sure is true with many of you, I participate in a lot of forums (this is by far my newest), but this one has some of the most obnoxious people I have seen online.

With that said, forums should be a medium for free exchange of ideas and opinions.
    04-01-09 01:39 PM
    As long as you use those apps reasonably you should be fine.
    04-01-09 03:07 PM
    this one has some of the most obnoxious people I have seen online..
    Yes and some of us (me, at least) are proud of being obnoxious. And, some of us have been around this earth long enough to be naturally obnoxious.

With that said, forums should be a medium for free exchange of ideas and opinions.
    Free exchange, yes, as long as it is within the parameters of acceptable forum behavior and community guidelines. Posting the same question multiple times is covered in the forum guidelines - even if it wasn't, it is considered very poor etiquette on message boards in general. In other words, don't do it.

If the question was not adequately addressed in the original thread, corrections would take place in that thread - not in duplicating the thread elsewhere.

Flatulence in church is about as acceptable.

of course, compaining about the forum's demeanor is better taken to its own thread in the social forums.

Think we're bad here? You've spent no time at ARSTechnica - where one thread may have as many participants as the entire CB site. Spend a lot of time there as I do. We're pussycats here.

04-01-09 03:43 PM
    TwinsX2, I am not saying that the double post was not in bad form, just that it's possible to provide the answer he is looking for and instruct him on proper forum etiquette.

I also think that you have been one of the more helpful and polite people on this forum, as I have seen many of your posts on various threads, some of which were my own questions.

I do read arstechnica and I know what you're talking about, but I expect that more out of that type of thread, and less in a community-based forum such as this one.

I am just disappointed to see so many threads, mostly by people new to blackberry, where they ask legitimate questions and get obnoxious responses. Someone asks about a storm v. iphone and they are pummeled with fanboy criticisms. It just doesn't seem appropriate in a community who should be looking to be advocates for both the forum and for blackberry devices in general.

I apologize for hijacking this thread.
    04-01-09 04:05 PM
    I agree with encouraging a new user not to double post, but the level of criticism on this forum is unreal.

Yester18, while your answer to his question in his other post makes sense to many users, it wasn't tailored to someone who doesn't understand how the billing for a bb plan works.

I would hope any user of a smart phone would read there plan in detail and ask questions to what is used for data and what is not.... Also Reading the Blackberry 101 series which every new person should read, but some don't would list the over all operation and usefulness of the blackberry device. Not sure how I can instruct someone to understand data plan details that they should have read when they sign up for the plan and contract.....

But yet I am also drawn off by the OP profile being on AT&T and having an 8310 but yet asking questions about Verizon.....???? hmmm

Well that's the issue with understanding an answer to a person question and not having all the info needed, but since most data plans operate the same. My simple answer was yes they are all Data.
    Last edited by yester18; 04-01-09 at 04:16 PM.
    04-01-09 04:14 PM
    TwinsX2, I am not saying that the double post was not in bad form, just that it's possible to provide the answer he is looking for and instruct him on proper forum etiquette.
    I agree, but like a good soul above me here noted, some of the defenses may have been caused by the OP's indicated device & carrier.

We get a lot of customer from other carriers popping over here seemingly intent on only causing trouble. Whether that was the OP's intent or not, I don't know.

I also think that you have been one of the more helpful and polite people on this forum, as I have seen many of your posts on various threads, some of which were my own questions.
    Thank you. While I can be harsher than most (see one of the reasons above), I do participate here with the intent of helping. Some say I am a VZW plant or shill, but I pay a full, non-employee-discounted rates each & every month, as do many of you.

I do read arstechnica and I know what you're talking about, but I expect that more out of that type of thread, and less in a community-based forum such as this one.
    Loads of good info there - I've read/participated/quit/returned there many times over the past 10+ years or so. But it is not a site for anyone even remotely sensitive.
    I am just disappointed to see so many threads, mostly by people new to blackberry, where they ask legitimate questions and get obnoxious responses. Someone asks about a storm v. iphone and they are pummeled with fanboy criticisms. It just doesn't seem appropriate in a community who should be looking to be advocates for both the forum and for blackberry devices in general.
    Again, some of it is due to the pummelling received. It makes many more calloused & hardened. Still, I hear you. I sometimes ignore the harsh responses, because I know I can be hard. Other times, I shoot my barbs at the responses given.
    I apologize for hijacking this thread.
    None needed. This thread was made for hijacking.

04-01-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD