i downloaded the new bolt app and after it finished it never got passed the legal acceptance page so i rebooted my phone a storm 1 and when it came back on it goes thru security verify then it goes to a white screen that reads app erroe 523 reset i rest it and it does the same does anybody know what this is and how to fix it thanks
    12-07-09 10:41 PM
    Unfortunately, you are going to have to reinstall your OS. This procedure will help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    12-07-09 10:44 PM
    thanks ill try it now
    12-07-09 10:53 PM
    Earlier this week my phone blinked out on me and gave me the APP error 523 white screen. I hadn't downloaded any new apps in about two weeks. I went to Verizon and they gave me a new phone. Today it did it again! Verizon gave me another phone but how can I prevent this from happening? What causes this??
    12-12-09 08:19 PM
    I had a Storm and it did this and I only had Berryweather and FB and 2 phones did this. Not sure what caused it but Verizon replaced them. Then I switched to a Tour
    12-12-09 08:21 PM
    Earlier this week my phone blinked out on me and gave me the APP error 523 white screen. I hadn't downloaded any new apps in about two weeks. I went to Verizon and they gave me a new phone. Today it did it again! Verizon gave me another phone but how can I prevent this from happening? What causes this??
    Its caused by bad software. If you had the problem before and it happened again, its caused by an app or program you are loading on it. Reload the software and do not restore from old backup. You may need to sync your contacts to Outlook and sync back. Restoring the data is only putting the problem back in your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:33 PM
    I had a Storm and it did this and I only had Berryweather and FB and 2 phones did this. Not sure what caused it but Verizon replaced them. Then I switched to a Tour
    When you switched to the Tour did they make you pay for it or did you switch because your Storm kept having this problem? I mean did they upgrade you to the Tour because you kept having this problem or did you upgrade on your own?
    12-12-09 08:34 PM
    According to Crucial_Xtreme's list, App Error 523 means "A critical Java process has died and the device cannot continue to operate normally." When it has happened to me, I've been able to trace it to a newly installed piece of software. Delete your most recently installed 3rd party app or theme and see if the problem persists. If it does not, you may have found the cause.

EDIT: Supermario posted while I was researching. Your desktop backup only includes your personal data. That might be part of the problem, but it most likely isn't. If you wipe and reload, don't reload your 3rd party apps from a 3rd party backup. If you still have the problem, then your data is part of the problem.
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-12-09 at 08:45 PM. Reason: more info
    12-12-09 08:36 PM
    Its caused by bad software. If you had the problem before and it happened again, its caused by an app or program you are loading on it. Reload the software and do not restore from old backup. You may need to sync your contacts to Outlook and sync back. Restoring the data is only putting the problem back in your phone.

Thanks for the info and I understand that. Problem is that I've already restored it from my old back up so I may have the problem again. I was wondering if it was one of my apps that I have thats been causing the problem. I hadn't downloaded any in two weeks or so but perhaps one of them are malfunctioning. I'm trying to find out if its one of my apps or just the phone. I need/want to keep my apps. I'll be disappointed if I had to let any of them go. Especially any of the ones I had to pay for...
    12-12-09 08:38 PM
    Would you rather not be able to use your phone or lose a 5 dollar app? ( Give or take)

12-12-09 08:40 PM
    According to Crucial_Xtreme's list, App Error 523 means "A critical Java process has died and the device cannot continue to operate normally." When it has happened to me, I've been able to trace it to a newly installed piece of software. Delete your most recently installed 3rd party app or theme and see if the problem persists. If it does not, you may have found the cause.
    Ok cool. I've deleted mobile checkbook. I think thats the last one I've downloaded. Dang Imma miss that one. Lets see if that works. Oh wait another thing. I just started using a bluetooth before I had this problem. Any of you think this could have triggered the problem? I started using the bluetooth on Tuesday and on Weds. it went out... Just a thought.
    12-12-09 08:43 PM
    I've used Bluetooth on my Tour with a headset and a keyboard and haven't experienced any OS errors. I doubt Bluetooth is your culprit.
    12-12-09 09:04 PM
    When you switched to the Tour did they make you pay for it or did you switch because your Storm kept having this problem? I mean did they upgrade you to the Tour because you kept having this problem or did you upgrade on your own?

I didnt pay anything. It extended my upgrade eligibility to a year from that day but nothing else was extended nor did I pay anything.
    12-12-09 09:50 PM
    I'm with Jeff, GENERALLY it's an app or theme causing the crash. HOWEVER a beta OS could also cause a 523, so use caution when trying an "leaked" OS software.
    12-12-09 11:08 PM
    I've done that, gotten rid of every single app, and still had app error 523. I've noticed more than once, when reloading my info, I've gotten a critical error with the Blackberry clock. Also, on more than one occasion, my phone has gotten app error 523 when my alarm sounds or when it is time for it to sound. The only conclusion I can draw is that it is Blackberry's own clock that is causing the error. Would Blackberry's clock be considered an application? Could my conclusion be correct? I want a new phone but am afraid I will only end up with another "Crashberry."
    10-22-10 09:44 AM
    I want a new phone but am afraid I will only end up with another "Crashberry."
    Then don't buy one.
    10-22-10 11:14 AM
    Have you tried removing the sound file if it is one that did not come with your Blackberry? To also test a theory about the clock: try a fresh/clean install of the OS w/o 3rd party apps installed and test the clock out then.

DJ
    10-22-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD