My unlocked Storm is being crippled by not having EV-DO at my home, is there anyway I can force it? Both Sprint and Alltel have EV-DO in my area. I know Verizon just bought Alltell but they've told me the tower switch over could be a year away. Since my phone is unlocked could I buy a At&t/T-Mobile Sim and use it? What would you do in my position? (other then move )
    12-30-08 12:20 PM
    EvDO from another carrier is not going to help you. ATT/Tmo dont have EvDo and EDGE is as slow or slower than 1X. You are going to have to wait unforunately.
    12-30-08 12:29 PM
    EvDO from another carrier is not going to help you. ATT/Tmo dont have EvDo and EDGE is as slow or slower than 1X. You are going to have to wait unforunately.
    If I bought a ATT/T-Mobile Sim could I use Edge/HSDPA instead of 1X/Ev?
    12-30-08 12:47 PM
    First, make sure your data service is not set as "Home Only" - should be on Auto.

In MOST areas, VZW phones roam onto extended service areas without issue. Unless you're in an isolated area that doesn't have "Extended Network" coverage, the other carriers may not offer data either.

I'd first check your settings & do roaming updates/svc book resend - then check with VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD