I'm looking to upgrade my wife's line and saw on Amazon Wireless that the 9650 Bold was $.01!!!!

I went through the process of ordering one (but didn't complete the purchase).

It forces you to pick a plan and data plan. However, I already have the voice and data plan.
    So I went ahead and picked the same plan I have now with the same data plan I have now... so nothing is changing.

My question is...

Has anyone ever upgraded through amazon wireless on verizon?

If so... did anything change on your plan (assuming that you kept the same plan) such as account #'s, etc?

Also.. I have a corporate discount on my plan now. Will that change once I active the phone with the new plan (even though the new plan is exactly the same as my current)?
    11-30-10 09:47 AM
    I bought mine 9650's for the .01 each and LG phone for my daughter for the .01 each. Verizon direct wanted 199.99 less the 100.00 rebate card. And 179.99 for the LG and 100.00 rebate card. You will need to keep the plan you choose with Amazon for 180 days, otherwise you get whacked by Amazon. It was in the plan disclaimer. This is in addition to Verizons disclaimer. Verizon could care less what you do with your plan, meaning up it or lower it. Amazon is one with the issue. After the 180 days do what you want to do. This is how Amazon is able to sell the phones so cheap, by locking you into the plan and generating revenue. For me it was a no brainer and staying with the plan was too. I've done this with AT&T as well and never had an issue. The only thing I can say is when you do have a phone issue, Verizon and AT&T don't say on there end where the phone was purchased which is very wierd. So save your receipts. Verizon and AT&T have both given me grief about warranty issues. Have never had an issue with the insurance carrier though when making a claim. Amazon is an authorized reseller so it should never be an issue period from the customer stand point. Verizon handled it a bit more diplomatically than AT&T did. I'm pleased and would do it again and again.
    markhunsaker likes this.
    12-02-10 03:52 PM
    I agree ^^^. Make sure you read the fine print when you buy from a 3rd party dealer. I usually pay the extra to buy it in a Verizon store...but lately, I've been buying from Best Buy. They don't have a separate ETF (early termination fee), no mail in rebates, and they price match.
    12-02-10 05:27 PM
    When you buy at amazon, or wirefly, or even costco you agree to 2 contracts, both verizon and the third party retailer. If you cancel you're subject to early termination fees from both.As long as you keep your plan and phones its no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 05:32 PM
    If I just got a contract(today) with verizon and got a CPO blackberry 8530 can I get a phone from amazon and then send back my CPO curve without having any issues?

Thanks
    12-02-10 06:14 PM
    If I just got a contract(today) with verizon and got a CPO blackberry 8530 can I get a phone from amazon and then send back my CPO curve without having any issues?

Thanks
    To have your upgrade available for the third party retailer, you'll have to return the Curve first and make sure they reset your upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 11:36 PM
    Damn. That sucks. I was hoping I could order it, then send back my curve, but I guess sense I still have another phone from sprint still working till the end of the month I could just send my phone back, then order the bold and in a few days be back with a bb and verizon.
    12-03-10 06:27 AM
    I agree ^^^. Make sure you read the fine print when you buy from a 3rd party dealer. I usually pay the extra to buy it in a Verizon store...but lately, I've been buying from Best Buy. They don't have a separate ETF (early termination fee), no mail in rebates, and they price match.
    So.. with what you are saying... I don't plan on terminating my service... I've had it forever so I'm not worried about the ETF's.

What I'm concerned about is...
    when you go throug the online process of purchasing a phone on Amazon Wireless, it forces you to pick a voice and data plan, even though you have an existing plan and are upgrading.

The plan they have on the website is exactly the same plan I have now.. so nothing is really changing with regards to the plan.

My MAIN concern is that I have a corporate discount on my current plan and I don't want this "new" plan that I was forced to pick on Amazon Wireless to change/overide that.
    12-03-10 01:00 PM
    So.. with what you are saying... I don't plan on terminating my service... I've had it forever so I'm not worried about the ETF's.

What I'm concerned about is...
    when you go throug the online process of purchasing a phone on Amazon Wireless, it forces you to pick a voice and data plan, even though you have an existing plan and are upgrading.

The plan they have on the website is exactly the same plan I have now.. so nothing is really changing with regards to the plan.

My MAIN concern is that I have a corporate discount on my current plan and I don't want this "new" plan that I was forced to pick on Amazon Wireless to change/overide that.
    It shouldn't. They have to show Verizon you're on a plan, but you'll be adding the device to your existing plan when you actually receive the device.
    12-03-10 02:26 PM
    It shouldn't. They have to show Verizon you're on a plan, but you'll be adding the device to your existing plan when you actually receive the device.
    Do you think it would be wise to go to a Verizon Store to activate it as to make sure nothing changes on the plan... once I get the phone?
    12-03-10 03:01 PM
    So since i'm in the original 30 day span would I actually have to send the phone back, wait for them to receive it then order it or would it be like they do with insurance where I wait till I receive the phone then return the original one.

Also I am considering returning the curve and getting a cpo bold for 50. Since its only available online would I just call CS tell them I wanted to return the curve, then have them ship the bold and return the curve with the original box it came in once the bold got here?

Thanks
    12-03-10 05:17 PM
    yea i bought my storm 2 form amazon and they tell you when you get to the final inscructions before purchess there is a ETF for amazon and a 2nd ETF for verizon so as long as you dont break your contract you shoudl be all good...best .01$ i ever spent
    12-05-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD