I have a co-worker who just got a 8330 and everytime she gets a Yahoo email she gets the below text

//BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL CI=9DAE28B92A9A38EB9899A70B2E89162 MC=1 To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)

Anyone ever see it and know what it is? She never got it until she set her Yahoo email up on her blackberry and has replied to it to stop but it won't.
    09-14-09 08:19 PM
    Yes I have. This is message from an old phone. SHe had mobile email prior to the BB device. SHe will need to call her carrier to get them to stop.
    09-14-09 08:25 PM
    Another solution - reactivate old dumbphone & delete account from that. Then reactivate the Curve.

She setup the email to be readable with a BREW-enabled phone - now the email server is trying to communicate with a BREW phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:29 PM
    Yep that will work as well.

Usually the carrier has a tool that will do the same thing. I was told at this time that the tool for VZW is out of commission right now and would required an escaltion to network.
    09-14-09 08:35 PM
    Usually the carrier has a tool that will do the same thing. I was told at this time that the tool for VZW is out of commission right now and would required an escaltion to network.
    How typical - VZW locked her into a dumbphone & has blocked her email, too!

Maybe she might want to trade that Curve in for that snazzy new Nokia Twist... Just a thought.

09-14-09 09:16 PM
    Its called an OZEmail Alert. Comes when you have "Mobile Email" on a regular phone and forget to cancel your email before upgrading to a Blackberry or PDA. Just have her call Tech Support and have them go into the Brew OZEmail Alert Admin tool and remove her from the notifications. Its been acting up lately so if they dont find her they'll have to submit an NRB trouble ticket which can take between 2-7 days.
    09-14-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks all, I will have her call 611

09-15-09 09:12 AM
    Yet another admin tool I wish I had, but the activating old phone idea is a good one to avoid transfer! LOL

09-15-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD