So, I was all ready to switch from ATT to Verizon and move onto the Droid X, but I have my phone through my company and they have enabled a block apps download feature as well as some others.

Anyone knowledgeable of what this exactly means? Does it literally mean I won't be able to download any new apps to my Droid X? Seems like the phone is rendered useless if this is the case.

My blackberry on att had no such handicaps.
    07-30-10 07:02 AM
    I guess my question is, does this feature only block downloads from verizons app store...which makes sense b/c my company would be paying for them.
    07-30-10 07:26 AM
    I would recommend asking your companies network admin as they are the responsible party for the block.
    07-30-10 08:33 AM
    That does only block Vcast Apps purchased on phone or website because they are billed to the account. You would still be able to download apps in Market because its through data and you have to pay for those with a credit card anyway.
    07-30-10 09:29 AM
    That does only block Vcast Apps purchased on phone or website because they are billed to the account. You would still be able to download apps in Market because its through data and you have to pay for those with a credit card anyway.
    That's what I figured it meant as they don't want to be responsible for my apps, ringtones,etc. I'll double check with Verizon today anyway, but I was bummed about it when I saw it this morning, so I created this post in panic.
    07-30-10 01:19 PM
    I think that the issue the OP is running into is that the Blackberry is company-owned, and is managed by BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). One of the policies a BES administrator can set is to disable application dowloading. This is not the same thing as the block you can put on your VZW account to block downloads from the VZW app store. The BES policy completely disables the downloading functionality on the phone, or at least restricts it to applications specified by the BES administrator. Company's phone, company's rules.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 08-02-10 at 01:28 PM.
    08-02-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD