i have searched all over and tried everything i could.. but still can't get the app loader to acknowlege the install files... hmmmm
    i have a bb pearl from verizon with v4.3 on both..
    Thanks

jonas mckee
    12-10-07 11:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem.
    12-11-07 04:08 PM
    are we only restricted then to ota until an update?
    12-12-07 05:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue as well. Verizon Wireless Pearl using 4.3 and it will not allow me to add any new themes via DM but I can add them OTA.
    12-25-07 03:08 PM
    Are you using the 4.3 Desktop Manager version, too? Since I'm guessing you mean you have 4.3 OS on your Peal, right?
    12-25-07 04:11 PM
    You also need to install the device software on your PC.
    12-26-07 12:03 PM
    I am new to BB as well and having the same problem with Desktop Manager. Please clarify installing device software on PC. Where do I get it?
    01-15-08 04:49 PM
    The following are required to install applications via the Desktop Manager application loader:

DM installed on the computer
    Device OS installed on the computer
    Software compatible with 4.3.X (many themes are not officially compatible, and cannot be installed via DM)
    01-15-08 05:24 PM
    Thanks Shemmy works fine now.
    01-16-08 10:58 AM
    Hey Ya'll,

I am having a similar problem with my desktop manager software. I have loaded it to my computer but when I connect my device it won't do anything. The status is listed as disconnected eventhough the device is connected. I tried clicking connection settings and although it registers my PIN it still won't do anything.

Soooo, I checked under options and it does not have my device information listed. Then, I went over to the Verizon website to get the device info and I noticed that the device info available on the site is version 4.2 and I have the disk for 4.1 and 4.1 is currently loaded on my Bb.

Any suggestions on how to d/l the correct version of the device info and make desktop manager work?

BTW: I have the Bb 8703e

I'm a newbie so simple language would be greatly appreciated :-)
    01-16-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD