So I'm currently on Verizon and I love it. Love the service love the network. However I hate the prices. Most people I know here have Sprint and the networks in my area are basically equal. Currently I'm on an 800 minute plan, which I don't even get close to, because I had to move up to that because it was the cheapest with F&F and unlimited text, which I need. On top of that I have the extra 30 dollars for BB data. Basically switching to Sprint would nearly cut my bill in half. I don't really want to switch but I really can't ignore the significant price difference for similar service.

If there were any possibility of Verizon doing something to match Sprint soon I could hold on, but these prices are really killing me. I mean were not talking about a few bucks here.

Anybody have any good news?
    08-25-10 01:56 AM
    No, nope, nadda, never going to happen... If Verizon does anything it will be raising prices, maybe, just maybe, they will do tiered data plans like Att. But they won't ever lower prices.

What reason does the nations biggest network have to lower prices? They could use more customers, all carriers could use more, but it seems they're doing great with where they are at. Sprint is the one who is bleeding customers, I can see them lowering prices before anyone else does.

Have you tried contacting them to see if you get any discounts through your job?
    08-25-10 02:07 AM
    If you are going to save money going to Sprint then do it. No reason to pay more for something that you can get for less somewhere else. I doubt they will be lowering their priceplans anytime soon.
    08-25-10 02:07 AM
    Most likely......not gonna happen anytime soon. You also pay for what ya get and I was in the same boat with ya till I decided that I loved VZW's services of all kinds to stay with them and upgrade my plane to Unlimited Talk/Txt cause I hated worrying about going over my minutes/txt's.

Me and VZW will always be in a love/hate relationship though.

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 02:10 AM
    I did read something on phonescoop that they are testing a lower price plan to include smartphone data in some of the plans out on the west coast for new customers or something like that. I saw it on twitter and checked out the link. it was around 100 bucks for unlimited single line and I don't remember what the deal for family plans were.

08-25-10 02:15 AM
    I work for vzw the current promo you are quoting is for southern california pops. $69 unlimited voice & text! You will have to add data plan on top of that.
    08-25-10 03:20 AM
    they will only lower if att goes down... supply and demand... living in SO Cali, i heard about our "deal," i wonder when it expires.... very tempting...
    08-25-10 03:24 AM
    I work for vzw the current promo you are quoting is for southern california pops. $69 unlimited voice & text! You will have to add data plan on top of that.
    I believe socal only has the $70 for unlimited voice only. if you want voice and texts its $90 then adding data would be the standard $30. Inching to $120 before taxes.
    08-25-10 11:46 AM
    You work for VZW with a TMobile phone? Good Job!
    08-25-10 12:01 PM
    I believe socal only has the $70 for unlimited voice only. if you want voice and texts its $90 then adding data would be the standard $30. Inching to $120 before taxes.
    Nope, it's 69.99 for Talk and Text. Plus 30 for data, would be about 100 before taxes.
    08-25-10 12:03 PM
    If they'd offer that here I'd be all over that plan.

I can't see them lowering their prices anytime soon though. I'm afraid once LTE comes out that they'll start a tiered rate plan for data usage and do away with unlimited, etc. I can see them charging a premium for those wanting to utilize LTE vs 3g as well...

08-25-10 01:59 PM
    Yeah. There is talk of the tiered data in january.

08-25-10 02:07 PM
    You work for VZW with a TMobile phone? Good Job!
    So? i need UMA! But i will take it as a compliment!
    08-25-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD