how do family plans work for more then 1 blackberry. I basically want to take my current plan and copy it for a second person with a second phone. so would my bill be current plan cost x 2 or do you save a little money.

even sharing minutes would be ok since all my calls are in calling anyway.

ive been to verizons website but there isnt much on family blackberry plans. so im a little confused how to configure the data package on a family plan.
    12-09-08 09:36 PM
    2 out of 3 phones are blackberries on our familyshare. Its 30 a phone for data, other than that its the same as any other familyshare plan. Check to see if you get an employee discount through Verizon as Verizon may offer a discount on data depending on where you or your familyshare plan members work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:55 PM
    Employee Discount is the way to go if you can get one.
    12-09-08 11:19 PM
    2 out of 3 phones are blackberries on our familyshare. Its 30 a phone for data, other than that its the same as any other familyshare plan. Check to see if you get an employee discount through Verizon as Verizon may offer a discount on data depending on where you or your familyshare plan members work.

I would check on that. They only charged me 10 a month for an extra BB.
    12-10-08 07:13 PM
    You'll just need to add the $29.99 data plan onto the second line. It's the least expensive!
    12-10-08 07:15 PM
    yea we have 43 blackberrys in my famliy
    12-10-08 08:08 PM
    My wife & I have a family plan, and both have Blackberries. The family plan for 2 lines is $69.99. My wife has a $24.99 data plan (does not have unlimited data, but she doesn't use it much), and I have the $29.99 data plan (unlimited).
    12-11-08 09:21 AM
    I would check on that. They only charged me 10 a month for an extra BB.
    They charge you 10 a month extra? You mean for the extra line right. You have to pay that no matter what. The 30 I was talking about was the data package. Other than that it is the same as any other phone.

12-11-08 10:00 AM
    They charge you 10 a month extra? You mean for the extra line right. You have to pay that no matter what. The 30 I was talking about was the data package. Other than that it is the same as any other phone.

That is correct! The $9.99 is just for the additional line on the family share plan. The two data packages are $24.99 for 10 mb and $29.99 for unlimited!
    12-11-08 04:56 PM
    cool thanks guys!

i cant get my company discount to show up for a family plan so it looks like im going to end up talking to them anyway
    12-11-08 07:07 PM
    We got 2 BlackBerry's and have had Verizon for 9 years. You may want to ask about a "loyalty" voice plan which has 450 minutes shared. We found we're making fewer calls now that we can email and chat BB 2 BB.

12-11-08 09:01 PM
    I couldn't get my company's discount to show up on their site. I went to my local vzw store, and they gave me a form to fill out. I was then instructed to fax it to their cooperate office. After it was approved, the discount was posted to my account.

12-12-08 06:21 AM
    Does anyone know how much actual real life use would put me over the 10mb limit for the $24.99 plan?

My wife is getting BB #2 on our plan but she will ONLY be using it for our home E-mail account. No web surfing at all.

I will diable her images so she doesn't upload the images with the E-mail unless she chooses to.

But our home E-mail has decent volume. Maybe 40-50 a day.

Do you think I can get away with the 10mb plan for her?
    12-14-08 09:51 PM
    I couldn't get my company's discount to show up on their site. I went to my local vzw store, and they gave me a form to fill out. I was then instructed to fax it to their cooperate office. After it was approved, the discount was posted to my account.

this is good info thanks
    12-14-08 10:26 PM
    Does anyone know how much actual real life use would put me over the 10mb limit for the $24.99 plan?

My wife is getting BB #2 on our plan but she will ONLY be using it for our home E-mail account. No web surfing at all.

I will diable her images so she doesn't upload the images with the E-mail unless she chooses to.

But our home E-mail has decent volume. Maybe 40-50 a day.

Do you think I can get away with the 10mb plan for her?
    I know 5 bucks these days can be a lot for some, but the 5 bucks to have peace of mind is worth it. You can try to 24.99 plan and monitor the line in two ways. #data from the phone or monitor your my verizon account on line for unbilled data usage. If you do not have this account, go to Verizon Wireless and sign up. It is FREE If you see she is going to go over, call VZW CS and have them add the 29.99 plan and back date it to the start of the billing cycle.
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-14-08 at 10:56 PM.
    12-14-08 10:53 PM
    10mb won't be enough. Not even close. I do 120mb+ a month

12-16-08 10:53 AM
    Agreed. Reading email and viewing news sites have hit me for nearly 10mb in a day. Throw in an app download or two and look out.

12-16-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD