I need to replace my daughter's old cellphone. She isn't due for an upgrade discount, so I'm going the ebay route. The main criteria here is that it HAS to be pink...ugh, girls.

I'm looking at the Pink LG VX8500 Chocolate and the LG Venus VX8800. Have any of you ever used either of these phones? Any reps have any input to offer? I have read online reviews, but it's so hard to go by those.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!
    03-26-09 09:17 AM
    An old Chocolate versus the newish Venus.... I would go with the Venus for her. I don't like either and never sold them but if the criteria is Pink then the Venus is the better choice.
    03-26-09 09:29 AM
    If it helps, my daughter's friend has a Venus, and she loves it!
    03-26-09 09:35 AM
    Then there you go. That's your answer. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 02:14 PM
    She's welcome to my current phone (a pink Motorola Razr) if I ever make up my mind about which BB to get! Yeah, I know, I'm the only person on the face of the earth still using this thing.
    03-26-09 03:28 PM
    ha the old chocolate was CRAP! honestly it was the worst phone vzw has ever released. i strongly recommend staying away from it.
    03-26-09 03:47 PM
    ha the old chocolate was CRAP! honestly it was the worst phone vzw has ever released. i strongly recommend staying away from it.
    I agree! Worst Christmas gift I gave my daughter at that time! Go with the Venus.
    03-26-09 04:01 PM
    I need to replace my daughter's old cellphone. She isn't due for an upgrade discount, so I'm going the ebay route. The main criteria here is that it HAS to be pink...ugh, girls.

I'm looking at the Pink LG VX8500 Chocolate and the LG Venus VX8800. Have any of you ever used either of these phones? Any reps have any input to offer? I have read online reviews, but it's so hard to go by those.

Honestly, neither is a good option. Both will most likely have issues. Out of all VZW pink phones, the pink Razr was probably the best.

If any line on your account is eligible to upgrade, you can do an alternate and look at the Nokia Intrigue. It just came out and has a pink inside. She might like that.
    03-26-09 04:20 PM
    Not true my mom has the pink one lol she wants to get a new one but her contract isn't up till may haha my stepdad has the sliver one damn two year contracts
    She's welcome to my current phone (a pink Motorola Razr) if I ever make up my mind about which BB to get! Yeah, I know, I'm the only person on the face of the earth still using this thing.
    03-26-09 04:26 PM
    I had the strawberry chocolate, and the only reason it is still working, was because of my clear acrylic case. Better to get a new phone, never know what you are getting with someone else's leftovers.
    03-26-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks for all of the help!

I had a pink Motorola around here, but of course I can't find it now.

The Chocolate I'm looking at all say they are new and never used. A powerseller has what seems like a bazillion of them. I see some of you think they are crap, so now I'm very leery of going with this phone.

The Venus looks kinda cool to her with the touchscreen and all. They are pretty pricey on ebay, so I want to be sure about it.

I would pay full retail for a phone, if only Verizon had some PINK phones at the moment. The only line available for an upgrade is mine, but I'm holding onto that for the new BB coming soon.

Ohhhh, decisions...decisions. I'm so afraid of being scammed on the bay. I've aready looked at Craigs List and there is absolutely nothing there to offer
    03-26-09 05:37 PM
    Thanks for all of the help!

I had a pink Motorola around here, but of course I can't find it now.

The Chocolate I'm looking at all say they are new and never used. A powerseller has what seems like a bazillion of them. I see some of you think they are crap, so now I'm very leery of going with this phone.

The Venus looks kinda cool to her with the touchscreen and all. They are pretty pricey on ebay, so I want to be sure about it.

I would pay full retail for a phone, if only Verizon had some PINK phones at the moment. The only line available for an upgrade is mine, but I'm holding onto that for the new BB coming soon.

Ohhhh, decisions...decisions. I'm so afraid of being scammed on the bay. I've aready looked at Craigs List and there is absolutely nothing there to offer
    Stay away from the old chocolate phones. That slide mecanism was junk, and you'll end up getting her another new phone within a year.

You might consider the LG Env2 in Maroon. Its not exactly maroon, but kind of a pink/purple color. My wife just got rid of her razr (so you peeps above arent alone) and went with this phone. Ive been playing with it for a bit and it seems to be a real solid phone. The best part, its only 279 full retail directly from Verizon. If its not pink enough, they sell a pink gel case for 10 bucks that not only protects the phone, but of course makes it pink too
    03-26-09 06:50 PM
    You must have been reading my mind! I was going to ask about the ENV. There are a lot of ENV's on ebay, but not too many ENV 2's. Anyone used the first model ENV? They come in silver and I figure I could get her a pink bling case for it.I hope I can talk her out of the Chocolate...she kinda has her mind made up on it.

03-26-09 06:57 PM
    I use to use teh orignal env, Much better than the env2. The orignal came in silver, green, and orange.
    03-26-09 07:28 PM
    I think both the EnV phones are pretty solid. I was thinking the EnV2 just because of the color being somewhat close to pink, but if I had to pick a non BB to use, I would grab either the env or the env2.

Really, there isnt much of a difference except for the size. The EnV2 has more memory, larger interior screen and the ability to use visual voicemail with the latest firmware release. But none of those things are really deal breakers in my book that would steer me away from the original ENV.
    Last edited by pricej636; 03-26-09 at 08:13 PM.
    03-26-09 08:00 PM
    I just traded up from the env, me and my wife. I have a silver and an orange one. Great phones. I have both for sale if you want one. PM me.
    03-26-09 08:14 PM
    I just traded up from the env, me and my wife. I have a silver and an orange one. Great phones. I have both for sale if you want one. PM me.
    I just PM'd you!
    03-26-09 08:53 PM
    Well pne of my sons has a black 8500 and its a great phone, my middle daughter has the pink Venus and loves it-it was mine till I got a bb and gave that to her-wen I used it-it was a good ph! I recommend both. Hope that helps you!

03-26-09 09:14 PM

I've sold both, and they are both junk! The touchscreen on the venus is horrible, and the 8500 is just horrible all around...if she "needs" a pink phone...get her a razr..still not a great phone, but it is better than the other two!!
    03-26-09 09:42 PM
    I'd hafta say it is pretty damn bad, but the glyde is worse!
    03-26-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm so glad I asked here because I was so close to buying her that Chocolate for $130. The Venus is going for at least $200. Sounds like both would be a waste of $ I'm leaning towards the ENv now...it's not pink, but I showed her a pink Hello Kitty crystal case I found. We will see!

03-26-09 10:24 PM
    My one son has the old envy and my other a Chocolate and they are both about 18 months old and work fine

03-26-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD