08-15-09 02:12 PM
31 12
tools
    You guys can break out your mapping software for this one.

I've connected to a VZW tower in Neah Bay Washington while driving the coast highway to Tofino B.C. Around the Long Beach stretch.
    08-14-09 10:12 PM
    You guys can break out your mapping software for this one.

I've connected to a VZW tower in Neah Bay Washington while driving the coast highway to Tofino B.C. Around the Long Beach stretch.
    I was atop Granite Mt (I-90) a number of years back and I was billed for roaming to Richmond, BC. I guess it was a clear shot across the Canadian Border. I'd guess more than 100 miles direct so who says 6 miles to a tower
    08-14-09 11:02 PM
    Interesting conversation, I've often wondered about the effectiveness (in distance) of cell towers. If you look at Verizons coverage map and pick out an isolated pocket of coverage and zoom up closely, you can see the limited coverage area of some towers. Obviously if a tower is atop a 10,000 ft mountain it will probably have greater overall affectiveness. Cell towers like the one pictured in the link are not uncommon out here in the west.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 12:08 PM
    I know that generally we will help you every way possible to get a signal... I've also heard of free network extenders. Just keep in mind you have to have high speed internet for those to work. If I remember right they have to go in a router or directly into the modem box or something; I'll have to look it up again. WORSE comes to worse and you want to discontinue service generally if we've done everything possible we'll waive ETFs if we get a letter confirming the dead zone address. Isnt that right lastraid?
    I'm fruity today... sorry
    08-15-09 12:54 PM
    I know that generally we will help you every way possible to get a signal... I've also heard of free network extenders. Just keep in mind you have to have high speed internet for those to work. If I remember right they have to go in a router or directly into the modem box or something; I'll have to look it up again. WORSE comes to worse and you want to discontinue service generally if we've done everything possible we'll waive ETFs if we get a letter confirming the dead zone address. Isnt that right lastraid?
    I'm fruity today... sorry
    Yes. Will not be a letter though. An NRB ticket has to escalated and the network comes back and say known coverage area, this will allow other options to become available.

Net Ext do require a high speed connection and a router.
    08-15-09 01:39 PM
    Thats what I thought, but Like I said I'm flaky today.
    I'm quitting smoking and on chantix... woot... 3wks no nicotine!!!!!
    08-15-09 02:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD