05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    By the way - it is stockholders who have a right to accountability, not customers. When the company is doing a good job, as VZW obviously is, the business grows and the stockholders are happy. If the business doesn't perform, profits drop & the stockholders become unhappy.

VZW's business grows, because by & large, the customers are happy. Most of those same customers snicker at the malcontents, because they obviously miss the big picture.

No large company gives a rats tail about the fringe malcontents because they are not where the money is at.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 07:16 PM
    I've had Verizon for almost 3 years and I love them. They have pretty good price plans, it's slightly more then others but it's well worth it.
    02-22-09 01:12 AM
    It will explain to you the people who hold companies accountable is the consumer, not the government. The only way to get change is to vote w/ your wallet.

thats in part true... but there are times when and fairness in a free market goes out the window in place of entrapment and monopolizing practices. Your wallet can't control everything and government intervention is sometimes required to keep everyone playing nice. Self interest is not a self policing concept
    02-22-09 01:28 AM
    thats in part true... but there are times when and fairness in a free market goes out the window in place of entrapment and monopolizing practices. Your wallet can't control everything and government intervention is sometimes required to keep everyone playing nice. Self interest is not a self policing concept
    Actually it can, and it amazes me still that people think that just because you pay a company for a service they provide you, that you some how or another deserve to have any say in what they do.
    02-22-09 03:56 AM
    I dont see why everyone thinks VZW is expensive. i have been with them for 10 years now. i am 26 now i first got them at 16 of course. lol i have my line and 3 others. for a total of 4 lines. 2 are blackberry's with the 29.99 unlimited Data package each.. all 4 lines share 3000 minutes and all 4 lines have unlimited Texts, picture messages, video messages, etc. i only pay $280 a month, with all taxes, insurance, etc.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 02-22-09 at 04:16 AM.
    02-22-09 04:14 AM
    By the way - it is stockholders who have a right to accountability, not customers. When the company is doing a good job, as VZW obviously is, the business grows and the stockholders are happy. If the business doesn't perform, profits drop & the stockholders become unhappy.

VZW's business grows, because by & large, the customers are happy. Most of those same customers snicker at the malcontents, because they obviously miss the big picture.

No large company gives a rats tail about the fringe malcontents because they are not where the money is at.

I believe they are growing because of incompetent service at other carriers. That does not mean people are happy with Verizon, it is just that they are the best choice in a woeful industry.
    02-22-09 10:05 AM
    I dont see why everyone thinks VZW is expensive

I've been in retail now for 18 years, and the last two and a half years in wireless. Never in any avenue of retail have I seen so many people complain about services they use and the cost to use them. I've also never seen so many people think they are entitled to equipment for "free".
    02-22-09 04:38 PM
    Scott welcome to home of the brave and land of free. Some think this means everything is free
    02-22-09 04:44 PM
    Scott welcome to home of the brave and land of free. Some think this means everything is free
    No one on this forum has ever said we deserve the services for free. We just want a wireless company that truly thinks about the customer first - and right now, none of the major companies (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) do.
    02-22-09 06:33 PM
    UGH I agree! I have both t-mobile and Verizon and I must say Verizon costs so much more but the service is so much better. IMO it's worth it.
    02-22-09 06:40 PM
    Not sure if I mentioned that I am a VZW Corporate rep or not, but I am.

On Blackberryforums.com, someone was challenging me on lack of customer service these days, and I asked what his definition of customer service was, without getting an answer. I think today's definition is that carriers are supposed to drop at every customers feet and throw free equipment at them for being a "good customer" and stop charging for services.

It never ceases to amaze how many cusotmers come in and expect to get everything for free. I've often asked some of these customers if they asked for their gas free when it was four to five dollars a gallon. For some reason, that never gets a response.
    02-22-09 09:23 PM
    Ok....this probly has been talked about before but I switched to verizon in december and their rates are astronomical...I mean they have great service and whatnot but between access rates..dropping new every 2...money is the name of the game but my gosh......

haha you read my mind... kind of like when i paid them $200 for a samsung glyde that the touch screen stop working on, they refuse to replace it and a couple months later after i bought a new phone. Then they issue a press release saying its a know problem...
    02-22-09 09:45 PM
    you don't need a cell phone...the world still turned before them.
    02-22-09 09:54 PM

On Blackberryforums.com, someone was challenging me on lack of customer service these days, and I asked what his definition of customer service was, without getting an answer. I think today's definition is that carriers are supposed to drop at every customers feet and throw free equipment at them for being a "good customer" and stop charging for services.

It never ceases to amaze how many cusotmers come in and expect to get everything for free. I've often asked some of these customers if they asked for their gas free when it was four to five dollars a gallon. For some reason, that never gets a response.
    Having good call centers and customer service does not mean the company makes the best decisions. Several VZW employees I've come in contact with are nice people, but the higher-ups seem to be making really frustrating decisions in regards to hardware and pricing.

People get confused when they talk about customer service and customer focus. They are two different things. No mobile carrier is great in both senses, and just because VZW is #1 at the moment is not saying much at all.
    02-22-09 10:54 PM
    As having had T-Mobile before Verizon I saw RUN AWAY... I live in Orlando and frankly was blessed to have any bars or be able to make a call that lasted longer than 2 minutes. On top of that they didnt want to fix the well known problem they just wanted to sell me a new phone and get me back under contract horrible service and customer service. In the stores their staff are rude and unwilling to help anyone unless you want to buy a new phone or they feel the need to hit on you! Needless to say T-Mobile couldnt pay me to go back to their service and have no idea why they are ranked highly!
    02-22-09 10:59 PM
    I forgot to add that Verizon has been amazing with customer service. I managed to pick an awful motorola phone that kept dying or doing very odd things and they were more than happy to work with me to find a phone that would work... aka my blackberry the manager even calls to check in on how the phone is doing. I couldnt ask for more!
    02-22-09 11:01 PM
    What kills me is that the stupid monthly bill is as hard to read as hieroglyphics, I never can figure out what I'm paying for...and no matter how large a plan I get, I always have some charge they slip in through the back door.I'm talking about Verizon. To their credit, once they did remove 80 dollars from my bill when I didn't know I'd been charged.

Maybe the problem is more that I have a hard time reading cell phone bills. I wish it was all simplified on one page, instead of categorized over like 3-5 pages. I've had few complaints with Verizon service. The customer services is right on the money and the reps in the stores are all very helpful. I just wish the bill was easier to read.

Last edited by Sign543; 02-22-09 at 11:28 PM.
    02-22-09 11:06 PM
    I must admit I like the coverage and service, I just wish the bill was easier to read and their site was more user friendly.

02-22-09 11:07 PM

Edited to add: Wow, this forum really censors! There were no cuss words in my post, but my use of the "I" word was censored out. Wow. Okay, lol. It was just the id.ot word...means the same thing as "stupid". Sorry!

To be fair, I have gone into some places of business where you could tell that the customer service people were burnt out in their jobs and they hated to see you approach. Perhaps the poster in question recently had a bad experience and that colored his approach to you. I have worked in customer service industries in the past and I can authoritatively tell you that some of those employees HATE customers and they wind up getting burnt out and passively aggressive to considerate people who are earnestly seeking help.

Then, of course, there are the types that you might be referring to. Idiots who stroll in thinking everyone owes them a favor and something FREE thrown in for good measure.

I have only a few minor expectations when I walk into a business:

1. Help me with my problem while being civil and treating me with respect
    2. Don't talk down to me like I'm an ***** (if I'm not acting like one)
    3. Don't treat me badly just because the last customer was a ****

If these three things are reasonably met, I will be as happy as a clam.

I walked into my bank recently (I rarely go inside, mostly I conduct bank business online) and asked the teller for a withdrawal slip (they used to have those, actually). She stared blankly at me for 5 seconds and then said, with an eyebrow raised, "It's called a CHECK."

Yeah, a check that I have to PAY for. I was really embarrassed, a few customers giggled. There was no reason for her to talk to me like that. And you know what I did in response? Nothing. I apologized and wrote out a check to CASH.
    Last edited by Sign543; 02-22-09 at 11:40 PM.
    02-22-09 11:37 PM
    you don't need a cell phone...the world still turned before them.
    Sure, the world turned before cell phones, but this doesn't automatically mean that a business can do whatever they want to customers and we should be silent just because...you don't have to have a cell phone.

I'm not saying Verizon is doing this, just pointing out that your argument isn't really logical justification for not complaining about alleged wrong doing by a company.
    02-22-09 11:44 PM
    I dont see why everyone thinks VZW is expensive. i have been with them for 10 years now. i am 26 now i first got them at 16 of course. lol i have my line and 3 others. for a total of 4 lines. 2 are blackberry's with the 29.99 unlimited Data package each.. all 4 lines share 3000 minutes and all 4 lines have unlimited Texts, picture messages, video messages, etc. i only pay $280 a month, with all taxes, insurance, etc.
    Wow! What do you do that requires all these phones, lines and coverage? I hope it's something HUGE to justify $280 a month!
    02-22-09 11:47 PM

I hear you, Scott. We see the same thing here. I find it funny that whenever I read someone complaining about the "service" it usually has something to do with things their carrier isn't GIVING them, even though they get everything the contract they signed on for allows.

Or like the poster a few up from this one saying VZW rates are astronomical or whatnot. I challenge them to use each carrier's published rates to back it up and they never seem to be able to back up their claims.

Yes, VZW is slightly more expensive than Sprint or T-Mobile, but no more so than AT&T. Considering my service works everywhere I go, yet my kid's T-Mobile phones do not, I think the slight premium is worth it.

Their phones do not enjoy 3G coverage, they drop calls, and for what? A $10 savings? As I've mentioned before, T-Mobile customer service is close to VZW, but in just a couple of months, I am bringing their lines over to my personal account. Sprint's coverage is worse than T-Mobile & Sprint's customer service is worse than AT&T if that is possible.

The T-Mobile coverage gap & the shoddy AT&T & Sprint service simply isn't worth it.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-22-09 at 11:52 PM.
    02-22-09 11:50 PM
    u know, its not even that vzw is more expensive. Their difference in "BASE" calling plan prices is not all that bad! Same as at&t and just a lil big more than sprint and t-mobile. Not bad for a "better" network.

Their texting is expensive but AT&T is overpriced as well. My real issues is the lockdown of the phone's free capabilities and then charging for something that they should not not charging for. GPS is the main thing.

So in all reality, my beef is tethering prices, texting prices, forced data plans, and GPS lock down and and forced vz nav.

The F&F fature was a nice move since all the other carriers have at least 1 thing they offer as a bonus to their plans. But as is the rep with verizon, the catch is that u have to have a higher minute plan almost eliminating the benefit of it for a lot of customers who would truly enjoy it on the lower end. Not my biggest beef in the world but... it is a move that has a catch none the less.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-23-09 at 12:43 PM.
    02-23-09 12:41 PM
    Their texting is expensive but AT&T is overpriced as well. My real issues is the lockdown of the phone's free capabilities and then charging for something that they should not not charging for. GPS is the main thing.
    GPS has been discussed in previous threads as to why this is.

So in all reality, my beef is tethering prices, texting prices, forced data plans, and GPS lock down and and forced vz nav.
    I have a question. How much should tethering be? Also, why should we not require data plans for DATA PHONES? We could not require them and have to give big credits to customers who call in about their high bills, which would then raise our prices for other things to make up for the cost. Streamlining data by requiring data plans was very very smart. Just curious though, what would be a "fair" price for you.

The F&F fature was a nice move since all the other carriers have at least 1 thing they offer as a bonus to their plans. But as is the rep with verizon, the catch is that u have to have a higher minute plan almost eliminating the benefit of it for a lot of customers who would truly enjoy it on the lower end. Not my biggest beef in the world but... it is a move that has a catch none the less.

Say you're on a 450 plan. You have 80 million customers, you're fine on your plan. Why exactly do you need MORE unlimited calling? Say we gave you F&F on 450. You know what your complaint would be since you would be using so few minutes? "Why is their not a lower plan, I mean verizon is LOCKING me into this HIGHER plan just to 'rape my wallet'"
    02-23-09 04:11 PM
    Here we go. Without catching up on the entire thread I would bet entitlement is the theme of the people being raped.
    02-23-09 04:49 PM
705 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD