05-28-09 06:19 AM
705 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Im sorry but its excuses like this is the reason people like Madoff and Standford were able to rape the public for Billions. And GE once a 60$ stock is now 10$ and the CEO still gets paid 20million a year.

People need to stop being lazy and hold people and companies ACCOUNTABLE!
    well said... the unquestioned loyalty by some people on here is very scary! I know its just a few but these people squew the market will in way that allowed companies like verizon and others to get away with a lot of the things they do.

When things change, and they have in many areas (unlocked BB maps, unlocked storm GPS, restrictions for ring tones/pictures/bluetooth transfers lifted, and many more things, especially in the past) its usually these people that made the delay happen in the first place. And its usually the people that are angry and speak up that make the changes happen for the positive. Thats free market for you!

They just happen to be so warped in thinking that they're doing harm to themselves and don't even seem to see it
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-20-09 at 02:35 PM.
    02-20-09 01:56 PM
    Im sorry but its excuses like this is the reason people like Madoff and Standford were able to rape the public for Billions. And GE once a 60$ stock is now 10$ and the CEO still gets paid 20million a year.

Excuses like what?! What excuse? All I said is they have no requirement to put a certain amount of money into their network. It's a private business. They can do as they wish, if they make the wrong decision usually the company would fail -- but not Obama will decide if they stay in business.

It's called Capitalism and a Free Market.
    02-20-09 03:12 PM
    well, if verizon pockets whatever it wants and their network crumbles, it'll colapse! Oddly enough, I'm sure u'll still be holding on tightly to their last tower as it all comes crashing down
    You obviously missed my point, and would rather insult than discuss.
    02-20-09 03:13 PM

Madoff & Co were breaking the law & engaging in fraud - this is a distinction you're missing.

VZW hasn't promised anything they don't deliver. I don't care what you read on some fan site or news article or what you say you were told. In the end, it is what you agreed to & signed up for in the terms & conditions and your contract.

You can take it into any court in the land and the only things the judge will ask for is what details did you sign on the dotted line (or recorded confirmation) and were you illegally coerced into something.

Oops, you agreed to the published terms and no one held a gun to your head. Judgment: VZW.

To still complain about it is an admission you didn't take the time to understand what you were doing. That would lay all culpability on you alone.

Cry, threaten & insult if you want to - ignorance is not against the law - it still comes off as bluster & whining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:25 PM
    You can take it into any court in the land and the only things the judge will ask for is what details did you sign on the dotted line (or recorded confirmation) and were you illegally coerced into something.

that is incorrect. If ur contract price is valid simply because "you" the customer agreed to what you signed, then why would they (cell companies) be forced to change their termination fees policy nation wide despite that contract you signed when you started? In fact, the big telecoms were forced to eliminate them in the state of california all together. And this did not apply to future contracts, this applied to contracts in place where customers "SIGNED" on that dotted line u just mentioned above agreeing to those very same TERMINATION FEES.

Why would congress be investigating the high cost of text messaging??? With ur school of thought, that would not be warranted since u sign your contract out of free will and knew what you were purchasing when you purchased it!

In the end, its a lot of factors in practices that can violate the law. I'm not a lawyer but I am smart enough to know when I see something wrong here. I find that the GPS lockdown issue has validity in a lawsuit. When all companies get together and create a monopoly on prices (e.g. texting & tethering prices), thats breaking the law! Just because it hasn't gone to court and no official ruling available, doesn't mean that there isn't an issue! But the government has investigated pricing for services and whether they are just and fair for the american people.

Bottom line, this may be somewhat of a "contract" nation, but it isn't "any" contract that goes... There are regulations and fairness laws that come into play here that go wayyy beyond the idea of "free market" mentality
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-20-09 at 03:56 PM.
    02-20-09 03:46 PM
    that is incorrect. If ur contract price is valid simply because "you" the customer agreed to what you signed, then why would they (cell companies) be forced to change their termination fees policy nation wide despite that contract you signed when you started? In fact, the big telecoms were forced to eliminate them in the state of california all together. And this did not apply to future contracts, this applied to contracts in place where customers "SIGNED" on that dotted line u just mentioned above agreeing to those very same TERMINATION FEES.
    You need to read the decision, like I did, the decision stated that only flat-rate ETF's are illegal which we don't have (we have variable ETF's). Also the reason why the contract was ruled illegal was because it was determined that flat rate ETF's broke california state law, which would invalidate any contract. You can't sign an agreement to break the law. Comprende?

Show me a law VzW is breaking. Please.

Why would congress be investigating the high cost of text messaging??? With ur school of thought, that would not be warranted since u sign your contract out of free will and knew what you were purchasing when you purchased it!
    The government snooping in private business is never warranted. Why is it the governments job to protect you? Are you not intelligent to make your own decision, you rely on elected officials? How long has congress been "investigating" it. Congress never gets anything done of value, I wouldn't rely on it.

In the end, its a lot of factors in practices that can violate the law. I'm not a lawyer but I am smart enough to know when I see something wrong here. I find that the GPS lockdown issue has validity in a lawsuit. When all companies get together and create a monopoly on prices (e.g. texting & tethering prices), thats breaking the law! Just because it hasn't gone to court and no official ruling available, doesn't mean that there isn't an issue! But the government has investigated pricing for services and whether they are just and fair for the american people.
    Show me the law, or stop claiming we're breaking the law. This is getting really dumb, you can't come in here and claim that VzW (or any company for that matter) is breaking the law just off a hunch or that you "see something wrong!" The law doesn't care about what you think, the courts base their decisions off an objective test. (What would a reasonable person conclude?)

Bottom line, this may be somewhat of a "contract" nation, but it isn't "any" contract that goes... There are regulations and fairness laws that come into play here that go wayyy beyond the idea of "free market" mentality
    USSC Case Hale v. Henkle states that our right to contract is unlimited.
    02-20-09 04:54 PM
    He thinks he has a "right" to GPS, a "right" to service below the cost to provide it, a "right" to pay whatever he feels is right, then use it however he sees fit. To people like him, no one else deserves the rights he claims for himself and makes claims indicating he is smarter than the cumulative cell phone providers.

Next this you know, we'll find out he thinks he has a "right" to other people's money, to free housing, free food & free love.

It is the new generation we're raising - they are so out there, they think they are with it.

02-20-09 06:10 PM
    well... it isn't me that decided that etf's were illegal. it wasn't me that decided to get congress involved in text messaging pricing.

I'm not arguing what should... u wanna do that, it'll go back to politics again. I'm arguing what "IS"
    02-20-09 06:27 PM
    well... it isn't me that decided that etf's were illegal. it wasn't me that decided to get congress involved in text messaging pricing.

I'm not arguing what should... u wanna do that, it'll go back to politics again. I'm arguing what "IS"
    Seriously. Stop spinning stuff. They didn't rule ETF's were illegal. They ruled FLATE RATE ETF's were against CALIFORNIA law (what isn't against california law? the government taxes and controls in that state).
    02-20-09 06:52 PM
    Wow - I can't believe what Im hearing....

WHEN I PAY 200-300 for MY PHONE...I Expect to use every feature available in MY PHONE...NOT HAVE IT CRIPPLED TO THE POINT EVERYTHING MUST GO THRU VERIZON FOR PROFIT....

YES VERIZON BETTER BE PUTTING EVER NICKEL OF MY MONEY INTO THEIR NETWORK and Growning and Maintaining QUALITY...Espcially if IM SOMEONE Paying this DRACONIAN COMPAINY upwards of 3500 a year.....YOUR DAMN RIGHT...

Anyone who expects less....well i have a bridge to sell you.
    02-20-09 10:57 PM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    02-20-09 11:18 PM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    No kidding - you know, where I come from, we get embarrased to admit we were taken or outsmarted. We don't pay list for our cars & we always win in Vegas.

Not this Lenny guy though - he wants to scream at the top of his lungs how badly he was fooled.

Hey Lenny - VZW doesn't have to do anything you want with their money... including that which you gave them.
    02-20-09 11:31 PM
    Wow - I can't believe what Im hearing....

WHEN I PAY 200-300 for MY PHONE...I Expect to use every feature available in MY PHONE...NOT HAVE IT CRIPPLED TO THE POINT EVERYTHING MUST GO THRU VERIZON FOR PROFIT....

YES VERIZON BETTER BE PUTTING EVER NICKEL OF MY MONEY INTO THEIR NETWORK and Growning and Maintaining QUALITY...Espcially if IM SOMEONE Paying this DRACONIAN COMPAINY upwards of 3500 a year.....YOUR DAMN RIGHT...

You're welcome to do anything you want with your precious phone. Verizon isn't obligated to give you hundreds of dollars worth of data transport for free though. Or to even allow it for a monthly fee.
    If you wanted a phone with "full" GPS, why didn't you buy one that offered that?

02-21-09 01:31 AM

I can't believe there are people who don't want or care for this.... MY GOD!
    02-21-09 08:41 AM
    WOW what a bunch of babys, I run a construction co. so in YOUR world you would hire me to build you a 1500sf house but I should build you a 4500sf house for the same price? HELLO we live on earth in the USA. get real you got what you paid for no more no less. why do you think that you are entilted to more that you signed up for?
    02-21-09 08:46 AM
    customers deserve "ACCOUNTABILITY!" Lets repeat this together... A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y!

Accountability for where the money goes (e.g. building the network and quality), what we should get for the price we pay, and a continuation of the same practice day after day!

For those who say "Verizon can pocket everything or do whatever it wants to" and don't feel uneasy with a statement like that........ as CUSTOMERS.....

Well, then I guess one can say that the debate just ends right there! Cuz your either .... #1 NUTS! or.... #2 U work for them and make a profit!
    02-21-09 09:38 AM
    Ah - NO VZW is not your government. This is a private business. If this is the case ricen I would have a right to know where all your money goes as well. Wanna share?

Buy anything from from Circuit City? Do you have the right to know where the moeny went? or the fact they are out of business? only folk that might the right to know about this, are share holders.
    02-21-09 09:41 AM
    Ah - NO VZW is not your government. This is a private business. If this is the case ricen I would have a right to know where all your money goes as well. Wanna share?

Buy anything from from Circuit City? Do you have the right to know where the moeny went? or the fact they are out of business? only folk that might the right to know about this, are share holders.
    your misinterpreting what I meant. I don't mean that they have to tell us their quarterly earnings and what they've spent and so on. What I mean is that they have to be accountable for their prices. For example, if their network starts to lag, yet, we are still paying high prices, they will have to answer to that! I don't care to see charts and graphs, or public statements and news conferences as our government would do. But I would expect results just as any customer should demand. Be it your cable companies signal performance, your home phone, your energy bill, etc! Anything that requires that they retain customers requires them to win us over with their performance, reliability, customer support, options, etc....

Because in the end, if we jump ship and are unsatisfied, they lose! And one thing I have noticed, especially in a bad economy, when its ur time to go under, it will happen fairly quick! Circuit city is the perfect example of this.... so bad practices today, can lead to a crumpled company tomorrow! Verizon needs to learn not to flirt with danger here...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-21-09 at 11:05 AM.
    02-21-09 11:01 AM
    your misinterpreting what I meant. I don't mean that they have to tell us their quarterly earnings and what they've spent and so on. What I mean is that they have to be accountable for their prices. For example, if their network starts to lag, yet, we are still paying high prices, they will have to answer to that! I don't care to see charts and graphs, or public statements and news conferences as our government would do. But I would expect results just as any customer should demand. Be it your cable companies signal performance, your home phone, your energy bill, etc! Anything that requires that they retain customers requires them to win us over with their performance, reliability, customer support, options, etc....

Because in the end, if we jump ship and are unsatisfied, they lose! And one thing I have noticed, especially in a bad economy, when its ur time to go under, it will happen fairly quick! Circuit city is the perfect example of this.... so bad practices today, can lead to a crumpled company tomorrow! Verizon needs to learn not to flirt with danger here...

In reality this does happen. if your mail stops or internet stops, then you will call in and tell us. We will trouble shoot the issue, unless network has infomred us that there is network issue going on and we tell the customer this. We will realy a cause if we know it, rarely do we know the cause though and relay an ETA of fix if we are told.

Example- a cusotmer called me a couple of weeks ago that lives in the area that had an ICE storm and her phone was not working. At that time I did not see any alerts. I did my trouble shooting and could not get the phone to work. I ended up sendng this network. there must have been other with a problem as well and other tickets done. There was alert issued.

This customer threatend to leave as her phone did not work. this was an act of G_D and I told her this. she informed with free phone that she depended on calling medical people with this phone I appologized and said an act of can happen on any carrier. she did have a clue.

Bottom line - this is advance technology - CACA happens.
    02-21-09 11:14 AM
    CACA happens.
    And that ain't no el toro caca poopoo.

Ever notice how people scream louder or threaten to leave, figuring that will get you to do the impossible, the illogical, the unreasonable?

In an ideal world, consumers would require testing for intelligence, logic, reason & common sense before they'd be allowed a license to buy. But they don't, thus the consumer is NOT always right.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-21-09 at 02:33 PM.
    02-21-09 02:30 PM
    I used VZW for years and suffered terrible reception in the Puget Sound in Washington. And of course their astronomical prices. I jumped to Sprint and couldn't be more happy that I did. VZW and AT&T are pure evil if you ask me!
    02-21-09 02:38 PM
    I have come against this situation a lot in what I do. You get more with honey then vinager. You scream with me and you get less than a simple question of... is there anything that you can do to help?
    02-21-09 02:40 PM
    I used VZW for years and suffered terrible reception in the Puget Sound in Washington. And of course their astronomical prices. I jumped to Sprint and couldn't be more happy that I did. VZW and AT&T are pure evil if you ask me!
    Hmm..and Sprint is loosing their customer base left and right. This forces them to give their services away to try and get customers. This will bankrupt them in long run.

I will say if Sprint works well in your area then so be it. If their serivce and the customer serivce meet your expectations then so be it.

I will at least agree that ATT is the evil empire as their corporate logo does look a lot like a death star
    02-21-09 02:44 PM
    Interesting as in the Seattle area, most of Sprint's network was leased from Qwest towers. We all know who bought Qwest.

02-21-09 02:54 PM
    customers deserve "ACCOUNTABILITY!" Lets repeat this together... A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y!

Accountability for where the money goes (e.g. building the network and quality), what we should get for the price we pay, and a continuation of the same practice day after day!

For those who say "Verizon can pocket everything or do whatever it wants to" and don't feel uneasy with a statement like that........ as CUSTOMERS.....

Well, then I guess one can say that the debate just ends right there! Cuz your either .... #1 NUTS! or.... #2 U work for them and make a profit!
    You should read this book. It will explain to you the people who hold companies accountable is the consumer, not the government. The only way to get change is to vote w/ your wallet.

Or this book. It can be read online: here.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 02-21-09 at 07:39 PM.
    02-21-09 07:37 PM
705 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD