05-28-09 06:19 AM
705 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Get tmobile. They have good signal in NYC and they are cheaper than att and vzw! Plus there customer service is awesome (24 hour suppor)!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea try it on a cooperate account. You cant even talk to rep over the phone until you email them. Then yo need to wait like 5 day to get a call back That's why the company change to Verizon way better support and call quality.
    02-19-09 12:21 AM
    Verizon is the best service around here, but man they block EVERYTHING...unless it's changed and I am unaware. For me getting ringtones and using GPS or maps on the phone is next to impossible. It's super hard to find free ones that verizon doesn't have a block on.
    Google Maps 3.0.2 utilizes the device GPS.

I don't mind the price, when you compare the unlimited plan to ATiT they rape the **** out of you...$90 for the plan + $30 for the data + $20 for texting = the ability to painlessly sit on a pineapple...and make it disappear
    02-19-09 12:58 AM
    don't get me wrong... there are injustices with all carriers I'm sure. I just so happen to be with verizon and frankly, I haven't been with another carrier since..... omnipoint prepaid (remember them???). I had at&t for a short time (contract takeover for 6 months) way before they aquired cingular, and before that, I had cellular one (if u can even remember that far back).

back to modern days... regardless, the finger pointing starts at the top, and as of right now, Verizon seems to be at the tip of the spear!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-19-09 at 09:05 AM.
    02-19-09 09:00 AM
    on a side note... their network is better as well as their customer service. However, I wonder how much of their profit goes to improving the network and how much of it goes in their pocket! If sprint's $99 everything plan is equivilant to verizon's $160 unlimited in terms of unlimited services, thats a $60 difference per month in price! As a critical consumer, I wonder how much of that $60 goes to improve the network.

While I'm not complaining that verizon's network isn't better, the question is... is it at its potential "BASED" on the price difference that we pay! Its an honest question that has no answer.... but still an honest question
    02-19-09 09:12 AM
    Brian,

No not at this time anyway.

TO get this option you must have a nationwide single line of 900 minutes or more to get 5 numbers or a nationwide family share plan of 1400 minutes or more. Also how VZW will expand the program no one knows yet, Well maybe the CEO
    ok I have a nationwide family share plan of 2100 minutes. They never told me about this change. Are the planning on letting people know?
    02-19-09 09:24 AM
    Any chance we could consider revising the title of the thread? Maybe make it taken advantage of, instead of raped? I know it's not really a cuss word, but it has such negative (and hurtful to women) connotations.
    02-19-09 09:45 AM
    ok I have a nationwide family share plan of 2100 minutes. They never told me about this change. Are the planning on letting people know?
    I was notiified via text & email.

02-19-09 10:17 AM
    **** Verizon! I have a 2 month old storm and they want to replace it with a "like-new" device. Yea I want a used ****ing phone after I paid 250$ for a brand new one No less than 2 months ago. Mind you my phone is in pristine condition, never dropped, and a thick rubber case has been on it since day 1. After I make myself clear that this seemed ridiculous and unfair, the Customer Service Rep told me that the supervisor would be calling me at 3:00pm on 2/18/09, it is now 10:28 am on 10/19/09 and I have yet to hear from them. Love the service from you ****bags and Btw, get human resources off their asses and start investigating what is going on behind the service desks because at 3 different, Big pretty looking Verizon stores, I could have sworn these people were A) ******** B) High as sh*t C)Underpaid so badly they did not give one sh*t about actually helping the customer and making their Verizon experience better in the least. I apologize for my rant but I am disgusted and keep seeing the doosh with the gang of people that work for Verizon and its making me sick I wanna throw my phone at the TV. Verizon Get with the ****ING PROGRAM! Can you hear me now ?!
    02-19-09 10:37 AM
    Google Maps 3.0.2 utilizes the device GPS.
    I read on BGR that it only works on the Storm, not the Curve, the Pearl, or the 8830. Is that true?

My biggest complaint with Verizon when I had my Curve was the locked down GPS. There were so many apps I wanted to use that would take advantage of it, but couldn't. I can see them wanting to make the $10 a month for VZNav, but I have a GPS for that, not really interested in using it on the phone. I was excited to see they were getting Loopt, but once I saw they wanted $4 a month for it, it was the final straw, I decided to switch.
    02-19-09 10:43 AM
    I read on BGR that it only works on the Storm, not the Curve, the Pearl, or the 8830. Is that true?

My biggest complaint with Verizon when I had my Curve was the locked down GPS. There were so many apps I wanted to use that would take advantage of it, but couldn't. I can see them wanting to make the $10 a month for VZNav, but I have a GPS for that, not really interested in using it on the phone. I was excited to see they were getting Loopt, but once I saw they wanted $4 a month for it, it was the final straw, I decided to switch.
    if u follow the advice of some of the ppl here, thats exactly what they say... SWITCH! And its sad that it has to come to that for some ppl. Instead, verizon can just play nice and play fair and retain its ppl, that is... if they care about customers as they advertize!

I'm flirting but if these lock downs are not addressed come december, I'm jumping ship as well! Great network, horrible practices!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-19-09 at 11:32 AM.
    02-19-09 10:58 AM
    I've had Nextel, T-Mobile, and then AT&T, in that order; and none of them compare to Verizon's helpfulness, ease of use (especially the web interface), and the reception.

I honestly think, Verizon has taken a big leap in offering more affordable plans regarding voice & data together, and to tell you the truth, I pay less now than I did on AT&T.
    02-19-09 11:14 AM
    My biggest complaint with Verizon when I had my Curve was the locked down GPS. There were so many apps I wanted to use that would take advantage of it, but couldn't. I can see them wanting to make the $10 a month for VZNav, but I have a GPS for that, not really interested in using it on the phone.
    Curve has single-mode a-GPS while Storm has dual-mode. If VZW were "locking down GPS" why did they not lock down the Storm or several other devices over the past few years?
    I was excited to see they were getting Loopt, but once I saw they wanted $4 a month for it, it was the final straw, I decided to switch.
    $4/month on the LG Dare & it doesn't require a data package. Should there be a free Loopt process for BlackBerry, you will be able to download it.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-19-09 at 12:03 PM.
    02-19-09 11:49 AM
    Curve has single-mode a-GPS while Storm has dual-mode. If VZW were "locking down GPS" why did they not lock down the Storm or several other devices over the past few years?
    but miraculously, it becomes unlocked for blackberry maps! I wonder how they did that!
    02-19-09 01:06 PM
    Uh oh again, this time with Sprint. A look at their Simply Everything Plan clearly tells me that "Phone as modem or tethering: not included." If I want to use my Blackberry as a modem or for tethering, I have to pay (gulp) $59.99 and I am still stuck with a 5GB limit.
    Sprint is 15$ additional to teather with an SE Plan.....Pluse Sprint doesnt even block teathering with a BB and the SE plan..Many people have stated they can teather with out getting additional charges on the SE plans.
    02-19-09 01:23 PM
    Sprint is 15$ additional to teather with an SE Plan.....Pluse Sprint doesnt even block teathering with a BB and the SE plan..Many people have stated they can teather with out getting additional charges on the SE plans.
    Other carriers don't block tethering either. But here is the catch. If their system finds you're tethering & not paying, they can check back on your usage history and charge you for any & all months they think you were tethering. They may also add surcharges & late fees & may even shut down your service until they resolve the issue.

How would they detect you tethering? A common way, according to an AT&T network security person I know is to watch for flash usage. In other words, is flash content being downloaded. Are you 100% sure that site you want to view has no flash? Another is through network browser ID. Tethering with MSIE, Firefox, Safari, or Opera? They can easily pick up the activity. All carriers use similar network security techniques.

I am not saying you cannot do it, but in the end, the legal aspects of it are treated as "theft of services" and when dealing with communications companies, this means both state and federal law.

Once a carrier finds you breaking their TOS, they will place audit monitors on your account and may discontinue your service completely. It is not worth it, even if all you get is back-billed.

02-19-09 02:40 PM
    We all have to understand that the phone companies, like cable TV companies, are mired in an incredibly S***TY industry when it comes to caring about the customer first.

Just because their rates are comparable and the service is decent doesn't mean it's a fair structure. People across the board are getting raped by all the carriers.
    02-19-09 02:42 PM
    on a side note... their network is better as well as their customer service. However, I wonder how much of their profit goes to improving the network and how much of it goes in their pocket! If sprint's $99 everything plan is equivilant to verizon's $160 unlimited in terms of unlimited services, thats a $60 difference per month in price! As a critical consumer, I wonder how much of that $60 goes to improve the network.

While I'm not complaining that verizon's network isn't better, the question is... is it at its potential "BASED" on the price difference that we pay! Its an honest question that has no answer.... but still an honest question
    VzW invests more in their network every year then any other carrier (approx 5 billion per year). I don't know how much of the $60 goes into the network. It doesn't really matter. If Verizon wanted to put it all in their pocket, they're allowed to do it .
    02-19-09 03:02 PM
    **** Verizon! I have a 2 month old storm and they want to replace it with a "like-new" device. Yea I want a used ****ing phone after I paid 250$ for a brand new one No less than 2 months ago. Mind you my phone is in pristine condition, never dropped, and a thick rubber case has been on it since day 1. After I make myself clear that this seemed ridiculous and unfair, the Customer Service Rep told me that the supervisor would be calling me at 3:00pm on 2/18/09, it is now 10:28 am on 10/19/09 and I have yet to hear from them. Love the service from you ****bags and Btw, get human resources off their asses and start investigating what is going on behind the service desks because at 3 different, Big pretty looking Verizon stores, I could have sworn these people were A) ******** B) High as sh*t C)Underpaid so badly they did not give one sh*t about actually helping the customer and making their Verizon experience better in the least. I apologize for my rant but I am disgusted and keep seeing the doosh with the gang of people that work for Verizon and its making me sick I wanna throw my phone at the TV. Verizon Get with the ****ING PROGRAM! Can you hear me now ?!
    There are no CLNR Storms at the moment. Replacements are brand new.

02-19-09 03:06 PM
    VzW invests more in their network every year then any other carrier (approx 5 billion per year). I don't know how much of the $60 goes into the network. It doesn't really matter. If Verizon wanted to put it all in their pocket, they're allowed to do it .
    then their network would suck, we would leave, and this conversation is over... I don't want to insult, but comon, please post intelligently! I take everyones opinion with thought, even twin, believe it or not
    02-19-09 03:44 PM
    then their network would suck, we would leave, and this conversation is over... I don't want to insult, but comon, please post intelligently! I take everyones opinion with thought, even twin, believe it or not
    Hey guess what you just described?!
    02-19-09 04:59 PM
    There are no CLNR Storms at the moment. Replacements are brand new.
    And don't forget that this is not a situation unique to VZW. All carriers reserve the right to do replacements with units that may or may not be new.

Customer service satisfaction ratings are directly proportionate with the desire to learn what you signed on for & the nature of the business as a whole.

I don't see any carrier's policies being substantially different from any others.

02-19-09 05:55 PM
    Geeze rican. Good way not to respond. You just described sprint!
    02-20-09 04:39 AM
    And don't forget that this is not a situation unique to VZW. All carriers reserve the right to do replacements with units that may or may not be new.

Customer service satisfaction ratings are directly proportionate with the desire to learn what you signed on for & the nature of the business as a whole.

I don't see any carrier's policies being substantially different from any others.

I knew more about what I was signing up for than the person in the store did. The carrier's policies are not too too much different, but they are all generally pretty bad across carriers.
    02-20-09 10:42 AM
    Im sorry but its excuses like this is the reason people like Madoff and Standford were able to rape the public for Billions. And GE once a 60$ stock is now 10$ and the CEO still gets paid 20million a year.

People need to stop being lazy and hold people and companies ACCOUNTABLE!
    02-20-09 11:34 AM
    Geeze rican. Good way not to respond. You just described sprint!
    well, if verizon pockets whatever it wants and their network crumbles, it'll colapse! Oddly enough, I'm sure u'll still be holding on tightly to their last tower as it all comes crashing down
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-20-09 at 12:55 PM.
    02-20-09 12:53 PM
705 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD