05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Q: is anyone else sick of being raped by verizon?
    A: no

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 11:57 PM
    Q: is anyone else sick of being raped by verizon?
    A: no

you probably just got used to it
    02-12-09 10:23 AM
    That's true ........ But what about the people that choose to go with alltel. I made a choice to go with alltel and now I being told it's now going to be verizon. I am going to give verizon a chance before I make a decison to stay or leave

Verizon has already been told by FCC and DOJ that they must honor all Alltel My circle contracts until they expire.
    FCC approves Verizon's Alltel buy, deal all but done - Engadget

And Verizon just came out with teir own version of My circle to put on their network. So overall i think you are in, at the very least the same boat, possibly a better one. Time will tell on that. but you are still in the same boat till your contact is up.

Now you can choose to go to a different company or stay with VZW when your contract expires.
    02-12-09 11:02 AM
    I've found Verizon to be competitive with Sprint and AT&&T as far as pricing.

T-mobile had some good plans last I checked, but as far as bang for my buck, I can't complain at all about Verizon. Not to beat a dead horse, but the network is phenominal. It's not the cheapest game in town, but I hardly feel taken advantage of, especially because their service out-performs ALL of their competitors.
    02-12-09 11:38 AM
    Verizon has already been told by FCC and DOJ that they must honor all Alltel My circle contracts until they expire.
    Untrue. The condition regarding contracts refers to ROAMING contracts with other carriers (competitors) as these contracts typically have escape clauses in case of transfer.

Anything covering honoring the existing phone service contracts comes under civil law & VZW has no record of trying to breach acquired customer contracts before expiration.

02-12-09 12:05 PM
    I've found Verizon to be competitive with Sprint and AT&&T as far as pricing.

T-mobile had some good plans last I checked, but as far as bang for my buck, I can't complain at all about Verizon. Not to beat a dead horse, but the network is phenominal. It's not the cheapest game in town, but I hardly feel taken advantage of, especially because their service out-performs ALL of their competitors.

competitive with sprint pricing????? I guess ur right, $99 everything for sprint is the same as $99 calling, $30 data, $20 texting, $10 navigator for verizon.

Sound like fuzzy math to u???
    02-12-09 12:15 PM
    Anything covering honoring the existing phone service contracts comes under civil law & VZW has no record of trying to breach acquired customer contracts before expiration.
    I figured this was common knowledge so I didnt bother to bring it up. But yes you are correct. I misread the statement and it is about the roaming. I was wondering why FCC and DOJ would even bother telling VZW that they had to abide by current contract law anyway. I figured their lawyer would tell them that.
    02-12-09 01:02 PM
    competitive with sprint pricing????? I guess ur right, $99 everything for sprint is the same as $99 calling, $30 data, $20 texting, $10 navigator for verizon.

He said competative. Not exact. Competative means different things to different people.

Have you even looked at VZW lately? Because I was just at their website and you can get 900 minutes with web and email on a blackberry for 95 bucks a month. 80 for the minutes and 15 for the web/email combo. That 80 bucks has unlimited messages on it. Id say that VZW is "competative with sprint at this point.
    02-12-09 01:10 PM
    If VZW was more comparative with their pricing, they would get more customers. Everyone is similiar as far as coverage in my area, and there is nothing new that VZW offers over anyone else. I have experienced pretty much the same service with them as with everyone else I have used. But they are definitely pricey when it comes down to BB;s and other smartphone services.
    comparitive, lol....they jus stole an alltel plan and its free.....unlimited calling free on vzw with existing plans?....a ****** who *^%k$ u and then gives you a tv....not likely...go vzw!
    02-12-09 01:24 PM
    You cant rape the willing.
    02-12-09 04:41 PM
    I figured their lawyer would tell them that.
    Heh - VZW has more lawyers than Carter's has Little Pills!

Oops... Do they even make those anymore?

02-12-09 04:45 PM
    He said competative. Not exact. Competative means different things to different people.

Have you even looked at VZW lately? Because I was just at their website and you can get 900 minutes with web and email on a blackberry for 95 bucks a month. 80 for the minutes and 15 for the web/email combo. That 80 bucks has unlimited messages on it. Id say that VZW is "competative with sprint at this point.

its not competitive, u are miss reading! No BB data plan will be 15$. All verizon does is tac on 300 fo unlimited email/date on ur already exsisting calling plan. That doesnt include texting or gps so u have to add an additional 20$ for unlimikted texting and 10$ for GPS. No.... thats not competitive compared to a sprint 99$ everything plan. DO ur math!
    02-12-09 08:56 PM
    see, u made me have to go back and re read the plan. It is 900 minutes for 119.99 if u have unlimited messaging! 119.99 is a lot different that sprints 99.99, and their calling is UNLIMITED! That means their unlimited is WAYYYY cheaper than verizons 900 minute plan!!!

Plus on sprint, ur off peak after 7 instead of 9 with verizon. Oh and did I mention that their GPS is functional under the everything plan? With verizon, u STILL have an ADDITIONAL 9.99! WE JUST GOT RAPED!

these prices are not even in the BALLPARK of "competitive!"

I always said I would be willing to pay more for a better network but with those EXTREME price differences, are u really getting THAT much more for the astronomical diffrence in price????

$160 for unlimited everything + VZ NAv with verizon vs $99 with sprint. Thats a $60 difference with only 1 line. Add 2 or 3 and it gets worse! That's the math for you
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-12-09 at 09:12 PM.
    02-12-09 09:02 PM

I'd like to know where you are getting your information from. If you go to VZW.com and check out the plans, the unlimited everything is $149.99. This includes unlimited calls, data and email, messenging, and navigator. Yes, this is with a blackberry unlimited data plan. So where are you getting $160?
    02-12-09 09:20 PM
    see, u made me have to go back and re read the plan. It is 900 minutes for 119.99 if u have unlimited messaging! 119.99 is a lot different that sprints 99.99, and their calling is UNLIMITED! That means their unlimited is WAYYYY cheaper than verizons 900 minute plan!!!

Plus on sprint, ur off peak after 7 instead of 9 with verizon. Oh and did I mention that their GPS is functional under the everything plan? With verizon, u STILL have an ADDITIONAL 9.99! WE JUST GOT RAPED!

these prices are not even in the BALLPARK of "competitive!"

I always said I would be willing to pay more for a better network but with those EXTREME price differences, are u really getting THAT much more for the astronomical diffrence in price????

$160 for unlimited everything + VZ NAv with verizon vs $99 with sprint. Thats a $60 difference with only 1 line. Add 2 or 3 and it gets worse! That's the math for you
    Ok, the math hasn't changed- its wrong. Sprint = unlimited dropped calls at no extra charge. VZW = The BEST network, unlimited calling to more than 80 million VZW customers, Starting Sunday 02 15 2009- you can call up to 5 (on a single line 900 mins or higher) people not on VZW (you can even use landlines as any of your 5). Check out the VZW website and get your facts together before bashing a great company!
    02-12-09 09:25 PM
    Will everyone please give me a dollar out of their pocket? Or at least RicanMedic? I ask, because I'm sure you can afford to give me a dollar... and it's what I want....... No?!?!?! Why not?

Pssst.... Rican..... Just like VZW could probably afford to charge lower rates for things, you could probably afford to give me a dollar... but you won't... yet you expect VZW to charge less when they don't need to.. or to allow you to do things for free that you want to simply because it's what you want. Last I checked, it's a free country and VZW doesn't have to do anything just because it's what you want.

Do you go into the gas station and tell them they should be charging less per gallon because a station down the road is charging less? No, you just simply go to the cheaper gas station. (Or maybe you fill up at the more expensive one and then complain about it to your friends... yes that seems more in line with your posts.)

VZW costs more than Sprextel because you get more.
    (And by more I mean better service in more places)
    02-12-09 10:20 PM
    Ok, the math hasn't changed- its wrong. Sprint = unlimited dropped calls at no extra charge. VZW = The BEST network, unlimited calling to more than 80 million VZW customers, Starting Sunday 02 15 2009- you can call up to 5 (on a single line 900 mins or higher) people not on VZW (you can even use landlines as any of your 5). Check out the VZW website and get your facts together before bashing a great company!
    everything I said above is fact! I just checked it to make sure I knew what I was talking about. For equal unlimited plans, theres a $60 difference for single lines. Thats not bashing, those are the numbers and F A C T S!

I simply just pose the question as to whether $60 a month is worth it for a better network. I never said yes or no or maybe so! For me, its not so clear, for u it may be worth it 100%.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-12-09 at 10:26 PM.
    02-12-09 10:21 PM
    everything I said above is fact! I just checked it to make sure I knew what I was talking about. For equal unlimited plans, theres a $60 difference for single lines. Thats not bashing, those are the numbers and F A C T S!

I simply just pose the question as to whether $60 a month is worth it for a better network. I never said yes or no or maybe so! For me, its not so clear, for u it may be worth it 100%.
    Ok, their website has a seperate section for the blackberries and the biggest plan is 149.99 + 9.99 for VZNavigator. For non - blackberry/PDA devices the biggest plan is 139.99 and includes VZNavigator. Now let's compare Sprint/Nextel (Sprint) with Verizon in regards to charges. Sprint has a smaller network and therefore you are more likely to roam with Sprint. Sprint does not provide Unlimited roaming and you are subject to roaming charges up to .69 per minute when using another carrier's towers. Sprint reserves the right to disconnect your service if a majority of minutes or data is used while roaming. VZW does not charge for roaming. VZW does not disconnect your services if a majority is used while roaming. IF you don't believe me, see sprint's contract information here nextelonline.nextel.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml]Terms & Conditions[/url]
    See VZW's terms and conditions here:
    verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=foo ter/customerAgreement.jsp]Customer Agreement[/url]

Is it worth it with Verizon, Yes!
    02-13-09 09:55 AM
    thanks everyone for the info about the prices with Verizon, I had thought to switch from Sprint to Verizon eventually but it's half again as much per month. Just as a side note, I currently still use Sprint and I have free roaming in the Simply Everything Plan. Sprint has fantastic coverage in southern CA and even though there are many places in canyons where I end up roaming alot I have never been charged for it. I guess it comes down to what kind of coverage each carrier has where you live... I am sure Sprint could drop someone for roaming "too much" but I don't know that they would actually drop anyone. So far this year Sprint has been doing everything they can to keep their customers.
    Again thanks for the info... I think I will stay with Sprint at least til next year and see what new berry Verizon has!
    Last edited by nursgirl; 02-13-09 at 10:24 AM.
    02-13-09 10:21 AM
    Ok, their website has a seperate section for the blackberries and the biggest plan is 149.99 + 9.99 for VZNavigator. For non - blackberry/PDA devices the biggest plan is 139.99 and includes VZNavigator. Now let's compare Sprint/Nextel (Sprint) with Verizon in regards to charges. Sprint has a smaller network and therefore you are more likely to roam with Sprint. Sprint does not provide Unlimited roaming and you are subject to roaming charges up to .69 per minute when using another carrier's towers. Sprint reserves the right to disconnect your service if a majority of minutes or data is used while roaming. VZW does not charge for roaming. VZW does not disconnect your services if a majority is used while roaming. IF you don't believe me, see sprint's contract information here nextelonline.nextel.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml]Terms & Conditions[/url]
    See VZW's terms and conditions here:
    verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=foo ter/customerAgreement.jsp]Customer Agreement[/url]

Is it worth it with Verizon, Yes!
    if your looking for a reason to play devils advocate, suit yourself and pay the price difference. Hey, if u can afford it and its worth it for u, then enjoy! Thanks for the sprint user that comment and added that she was never charged for roaming.

don't doop urself into saying verizo and sprint have competitive pricing! I'd have more respect for your statements if u said, yes, verizon is clearly $60 more than sprint but I rather pay those $60 more to get the network they provide over sprint! At least thats honest! But what u do..... u sound like ur trying to convince urself that its competitive btwn the 2. Strange behavior if u ask me since your the only one that losses in the deal, LOL
    02-13-09 02:58 PM
    The term "raped" means assaulted...A .r.a.p.i.s.t uses actual force or violence or the threat of it to take control over another human being.
    Yeah yeah yeah - whatever Mr. smug and self-righteous. Knock off the P.C. bullcrap - we all know what he/she meant.
    02-13-09 05:12 PM
    This is a really funny thread. I love how everyone is arguing back and forth.

To everyone getting their panties in a twist about Verizon's charges and/or services there is a wonderful and easy solution to your problem. Change. It is what the country wanted and what you appear to want. The people of the United States (not everyone, but the majority did speak even if some people feel they made a poor choice) elected a new President and you have the ability....NAY....the right, honor and civic duty to quit complaining and get off your collective a$$es and do something about it. If you hate your bill then change it. If you are getting "raped" (remember No means No gentlemen) by your cell provider then switch providers. If you are paying to much then figure out a way to change the amount you are paying. Call CS and see if there are discounts available to you. Call and see if you can get by with a lower minute plan. Look at your options, make a decision and take action for crying out loud. Don't sit back and take it if you are upset. Listening to people complain about this is like listening to someone complaining about what is on TV and then they refusing to change the channel.

To everyone that is saying Verizon is the best and that anyone who disagrees is a frequent passenger of the short bus, learn to live with the fact that no company is perfect. Verizon may be great, but they are not the end all be all in cellular service. There are still problems in The Network and their always will be. This is the reason that other companies are still in business. Let people have a different viewpoint and don't waste your time trying to change their minds. It is a really pointless exercise anyway. The people that truly have a problem will do something about it and those that just wish to gripe and complain will continue to do just that. Taking issue with another persons opinion only accomplishes one thing and that is usually making you upset.

To the Verizon reps, I always appreciate your comments on this forum and I highly respect your company loyalty. They must be very good to work for and I hope, for all of your sake, that they continue to be.
    02-13-09 05:17 PM
    To everyone that is saying Verizon is the best and that anyone who disagrees is a frequent passenger of the short bus, learn to live with the fact that no company is perfect. Verizon may be great, but they are not the end all be all in cellular service. There are still problems in The Network and their always will be. This is the reason that other companies are still in business. Let people have a different viewpoint and don't waste your time trying to change their minds.
    Yes, but non-VZW people creeping into the VZW forums to voice their gripes & whines is somewhat childish.

If you want to say your carrier is better than another, do it in the proper forum. This forum is supposed to be for VZW users & potential users to discuss & ask questions.

And, if you wish to make general statements, whether laden with BS (like the quoted one above) or not, there is a general discussion forum.

02-13-09 05:40 PM
    if your looking for a reason to play devils advocate, suit yourself and pay the price difference. Hey, if u can afford it and its worth it for u, then enjoy! Thanks for the sprint user that comment and added that she was never charged for roaming.

don't doop urself into saying verizo and sprint have competitive pricing! I'd have more respect for your statements if u said, yes, verizon is clearly $60 more than sprint but I rather pay those $60 more to get the network they provide over sprint! At least thats honest! But what u do..... u sound like ur trying to convince urself that its competitive btwn the 2. Strange behavior if u ask me since your the only one that losses in the deal, LOL
    I think you're misunderstanding what competitive means. It does not mean it has to be exact. Sprint may give you $99 for unlimited everything but there are drawbacks to sprint. Verizon gives you better speed, coverage and customer service, and yes you will pay more but it can still be competitively priced because of the extra benefits of Verizon Wireless. No one said the prices are exact. I'm curious though, you seem to love sprint and hate Verizon. Why are you still with a company you dislike?
    02-13-09 05:49 PM
    Yes, but non-VZW people creeping into the VZW forums to voice their gripes & whines is somewhat childish.

If you want to say your carrier is better than another, do it in the proper forum. This forum is supposed to be for VZW users & potential users to discuss & ask questions.

And, if you wish to make general statements, whether laden with BS (like the quoted one above) or not, there is a general discussion forum.

I won't disagree with you on your first point. complaining about something that you are not apart of or attempting to just throw fuel on a fire like that is outright trolling. Unless someone is talking about what made them switch from Verizon to another company, then I think they may have something valid to add.

On the other hand, if you think that me stating that Verizon isn't perfect makes my post "laden with BS" then you are being a bit thick in the cranium my friend. I was simply trying to point out that people are allowed to have a difference of opinion. If you believe that to be "BS" then I feel sorry for you because you are very narrow minded.
    02-13-09 05:56 PM
705 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD