05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 12345 ...
tools
    What ever happened to personal responsibility?.

Truth

Its not always someone else's fault

Yes, it is.

This thread is ridiculous, none the less.
    Suck it up, no one in life owes you anything. Pay your bill, if you don't like it, a 200$ ETF is only 2 months of your bill that you're stuck paying for 12 months.. so if you're going to complain, just cancel.

edit: basic math FTW.
    Last edited by eissacdn31rf; 02-10-09 at 03:47 PM.
    02-10-09 03:45 PM
    I don't mean to bring politics into this but it's like the current economy. I was listening to Obama today give his press conference and a question was asked of him, "With your new stimulus bill, which hopes to increase consumer spending, do you think customers should actually spend more money or pay down debt? Isn't reckless consumer spending how this got started?" Then here comes obama, it's not the peoples fault, it's those darn rich bankers faults. "Consumer spending didn't cause this, banks lending w/ others assets caused this." Yeah, that is true but congress told them to bid 30 to 1 on the dollar and yes the banks loaned money recklessly but someone had to accept the loan, someone had to default, in order to get where we are today. Yes it's partly the banks fault, partly congress and partly the people. I just wish people still fell accountable for their actions.
    02-10-09 03:48 PM
    Nope not really - I almost need someone to explain to me what a dropped call is again. I know i'd get skooled again if I was on ATT!
    Well what happens you see is.. a cell is connected to a cell tower which then connects to a switch (or exchange) then connects to another cell tower and connects your call. Now when the signal is choppy, or you're traveling, the phone bounces from tower to tower trying to get a strong signal (or traveling along the highway) and then the signal is too weak and it falls and dies and you get the "Call was lost, sorry sucker." message on your phone and yeah, it's sad.
    02-10-09 03:53 PM
    I was fully aware of what I signed up for when I went to verizon...I do pay my bill and do not expect to be owed anything...this is completly NOT the point of this thread...what I don't like is the lowering new every two suddenly...and I don't vare if they are the only they are the only company to do so..one of the reasons I joined was for better coverage. Which I don't mind paying a little more for...but let's be honest...some of the sudden changes that have been made to make them more money and take more money from the consumer...that stuff I didn't sign up for...it is a sad day when a person has to be afraid to voice their opinion to people who seemingly care and you come to realize that most people will just ridicule you because you don't see it their way........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:09 PM
    Saying you don't like a change in coverage is different than saying "my company needs to give me free texting! free data transfer! and free vvm because they can! I mean they make profit!" I agree that we shouldn't change the NE2, but we need to remain competitive and it's better than cutting jobs.
    02-10-09 04:15 PM
    Well what happens you see is.. a cell is connected to a cell tower which then connects to a switch (or exchange) then connects to another cell tower and connects your call. Now when the signal is choppy, or you're traveling, the phone bounces from tower to tower trying to get a strong signal (or traveling along the highway) and then the signal is too weak and it falls and dies and you get the "Call was lost, sorry sucker." message on your phone and yeah, it's sad.
    Oh Wow - Glad that doesn't happen to me....I feel sorry the ***** who expriences too many of those....Thanks for educating me on a Dropped Call..
    02-10-09 04:18 PM
    btw everybody the vzw billing system currently doesn't pick up on what data is sent thru bis and what is sent as a tethered modem. so with that $30 tether feature you have an unresticted unlimited modem, add a bb storm in the mix and you have an unlimited usage modem at 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps, jus a thought if you want to rape vzw back.

being a vzw sales rep and customer, i'm a happy customer, but i don't like my bill. i don't think anyway likes to get a bill. but when i go to use my phone where i live work and play (leisure time), my phone works, so i don't feel like i'm wasting my money. just my 2 cent
    02-10-09 04:22 PM
    ...what I don't like is the lowering new every two suddenly......but let's be honest...some of the sudden changes that have been made to make them more money and take more money from the consumer...that stuff I didn't sign up for...
    I really don't get this. What do you mean?

1. Calling plans have cost me less as time has gone on.

2. When I got the Storm last month and re-upped for a two year contract the phone cost me $100.

3. The BB unlimited data plan is $44.95. I have that and I am tethering fine without any other fees. I was paying $59.95 for my Treo data plan and I could tether.

4. I didn't have a GPS in my Treo and the GPS in the Storm works with BB maps and Garmin perfectly with no service fees.

5. I now have BB messenger included in the data plan and can avoid texting that uses some of my texting allotment. My wife can text her daughter in Tennessee via BB messenger forever without using that allotment. It was actually costing money before.

What I am saying is that costs have gone down while features and services have increased. This is especially apparent when you go back years in comparisons as I did in an earlier post.
    Last edited by Cg2Chris; 02-10-09 at 05:00 PM.
    02-10-09 04:24 PM
    btw everybody the vzw billing system currently doesn't pick up on what data is sent thru bis and what is sent as a tethered modem. so with that $30 tether feature you have an unresticted unlimited modem, add a bb storm in the mix and you have an unlimited usage modem at 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps, jus a thought if you want to rape vzw back.
    Unlimited usage modem? Wrong. There is a 5 GB cap and if you go over it will be $.25/mb.
    02-10-09 04:26 PM
    Unlimited usage modem? Wrong. There is a 5 GB cap and if you go over it will be $.25/mb.
    No, there is unlimited BB data available. Right from my bill online: BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED BBA $44.99/month
    02-10-09 04:33 PM
    No, there is unlimited BB data available. Right from my bill online: BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED BBA $44.99/month
    Right, but that is not a tether.
    02-10-09 04:36 PM
    I think its all relative to getting what you pay for! I have had several other carriers and LOVE Verizon. Sprint has a $99 for everything plan, which includes unlimited dropped calls...... I know AT&T gave me free newver ending dropped calls til I dropped them.I think that I have dropped 5 calls in the past year on The-network. Dont think thats a bad deal at all.
    lmao... that was too funny.
    02-10-09 04:38 PM
    Get tmobile. They have good signal in NYC and they are cheaper than att and vzw! Plus there customer service is awesome (24 hour suppor)!

I live in New York and had tmobile and they where horrible I could not get rid of them fast enough it was always searching for a signal.
    02-10-09 04:39 PM
    Right, but that is not a tether.
    No? Data through the phone is data through the phone, right? I have no charges under usage on my bill and the usage meter is empty.
    02-10-09 06:31 PM
    No? Data through the phone is data through the phone, right? I have no charges under usage on my bill and the usage meter is empty.
    Data to your phone is different than using your phone as a modem via usb (tethering) and getting internet on your laptop.
    02-10-09 08:18 PM
    I wonder...

I've always had verizon and I've always had dropped calls here in NYC! All these ppl on here talk about how they havent gotten dropped calls in months, years, etc etc. For me, I get a dropped call at least 2 to 3 times a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. And in my home in northern manhattan, my signal is only 2 to 3 bars. Shoot, it gets muffled as soon as I walk into my building! Am I missing something here???

I mean, it isn't all that bad and I can deal with it for the most part, but..... is this just the reality of big city life or do I just have the luck??

When I lived in Florida I had a MUCH MUCH better result with verizon!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-10-09 at 11:06 PM.
    02-10-09 11:03 PM
    I wonder...

I've always had verizon and I've always had dropped calls here in NYC! All these ppl on here talk about how they havent gotten dropped calls in months, years, etc etc. For me, I get a dropped call at least 2 to 3 times a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. And in my home in northern manhattan, my signal is only 2 to 3 bars. Shoot, it gets muffled as soon as I walk into my building! Am I missing something here???

I mean, it isn't all that bad and I can deal with it for the most part, but..... is this just the reality of big city life or do I just have the luck??

When I lived in Florida I had a MUCH MUCH better result with verizon!

Its the Fact that People are DRUNK with Verizon Kool-Aid, and this is thanks to a Very Effective Marketing Campainge.....That they will sometimes blame the dropped calls on themselves or not even count it as a Dropped call because this Verizon....PLEASE!......I live in NYC too do I get Dropped calls with Sprint barely, but that because I barely talk on the phone (Messaging Addict here) and when I do talk its mostly while im in one Spot like at home where my apt gets 4 solid bars of Sprint Service or at work where my office has repeaters from top to bottom so I have flawless coverage there.....

So until people realize Verizon be all that ends all....it will still be prop'd up as the Masiah of Cell Serivce and they will continue to Suck Wallets Dry on charging for every feature as well as Crippling any feature that doesnt bring them dollars.
    02-11-09 04:42 AM
    VZW is going to keep raping me until I finally change my unlimited minutes to only 1500. I cannot do that as of now because I rack up about 3000 mins a month and about 1000 text. So I do unlimited everything which is about 162. Oh well atleast I got serivce here there and everywhere!

Can you hear me now?
    Never have to even ask those words!
    02-11-09 09:05 AM
    I left AT&T because all my friends and family have VW. I can now get by with 450 min & 500 txt because everyond is IN. With AT&T I needed unlimited because I use 3000+ mins and 6000+ txt

Service is also better than the others in the Washington DC area
    Last edited by crazyray66; 02-11-09 at 09:54 AM.
    02-11-09 09:51 AM
    For those who are having trouble w/ Verizon in NYC... I think there's something wrong with your phone or something. I know this sounds incredibly ignorant, but I go to school in NYC and has not had a dropped call in more than a year. Service is perfect.

Now, in comparison to Sprint. In NYC or any major cities, I assume most carriers will be fine. But at home--western MA a.k.a. in the middle of nowhere--my parents have Sprint and can't even make a call inside the house. (Weak signals which lead to dropped calls.) Verizon? Crystal clear phone calls. I know service of each carrier differs from area to area, but at least where I've been, Verizon has always been the best.
    02-11-09 10:21 AM
    Okay everyone with a VERIZON BB phone that is not older than 2 years old, do the following:

press and hold "ALT" and then press the following letters N,M,L,L

This will convert your bars to actual numbers. Why, you ask do this because according to a VERIZON engineering it is said -65 to -95 is considered to be within specifications. Once you get to -96 and to -105 that is when you start to lose some features like emails or text or phone calls. Beyond -105 than you are likely to lose all featues including the voice mail indicator.

Next time you have a drop call look at your readings and if you see that it is within specifications and maybe a little beyond than the likelihood its the phone and not the tower. However, if you are within range and the numbers are good then it could be the tower and then if enough folks compliant, VERIZON will have to do something about it. The numbers represent the signal range from your phone to the tower so when you tell the CR to put you through to tech support you give them this information and they have to act on it because they like to hear everyone say, "can you hear me now".

For Rican_Medic - if you live near tall buildings (sorry never been to NYC) you are probably being shield from a cell site. I know this from my experience of living in LA (and I don't mean Lower Alabama) and going to other big cities with tall buildings. Bottom line - all providers have their shortcomings, you just have to decide how much you can tolerate. oh, one last thing, if anyone has the 8830, its best to you use it with your left hand as the speaker is above or even with your mouth. I learned this hard way with my boss, she was talking to me and she sounded muffled as well. I finally told her to switch hands and it became crystal clear. From this point all BB users in my office use it on their left hand or use a blue tooth. Just a suggestion.
    02-11-09 10:56 AM
    If you dont like it, leave. You dont have to have Verizon. This isnt Russia. Is this Russia? This isnt Russia.

Between IN calling, BB messenger and my corporate discount Im paying only a couple bucks more than I was with a regular non BB phone.

Sorry I didnt pat you on the back, rub your belly and tell you its going to be alright.

The world sucks. It doesnt owe you anything and it will chew you up and spit you out. As a free market company they do not have to do anything the competition does so long as they are happy with their current finances and income.

besides, its mostly the govt that causes your bill to go up.
    Last edited by DK1102; 02-11-09 at 11:24 AM.
    02-11-09 11:18 AM
    If you dont like it, leave. You dont have to have Verizon. This isnt Russia. Is this Russia? This isnt Russia.

Between IN calling, BB messenger and my corporate discount Im paying only a couple bucks more than I was with a regular non BB phone.

Sorry I didnt pat you on the back, rub your belly and tell you its going to be alright.

The world sucks. It doesnt owe you anything and it will chew you up and spit you out. As a free market company they do not have to do anything the competition does so long as they are happy with their current finances and income.

besides, its mostly the govt that causes your bill to go up.
    That's true ........ But what about the people that choose to go with alltel. I made a choice to go with alltel and now I being told it's now going to be verizon. I am going to give verizon a chance before I make a decison to stay or leave

02-11-09 12:35 PM
    What I find interesting is all the people who post claiming they hate VZW, yet are on VZW. Or the AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. fanboys who come to the VZW forums to cause trouble. Both sound rather childish.

If you don't like VZW, don't do business with VZW. Since my business is comm infrastructues, I work closely with carriers everyday. There is no way, shape or form I will ever have service with some carriers, but you won't find me wasting my time in their forums trashing them. I don't have the time nor the desire to troll just to flame & berate.

I have gone to those forums to find info & may have even offered an attempt at assistance when I felt I could, but to go to the Sprint or AT&T forum to slam those carriers would be fruitless & silly. I don't have enough time left on this earth to waste it doing stupid things.

I also don't have money to waste giving it to companies I don't like.

02-11-09 12:43 PM
    I selected Verizon primarily for the network and customer service. TMo has CS but no network, AT&T has somewhat of a network and no CS, Sprint has neither (in my usage), Alltel has the coverage, but VZW works better at home than Alltel. Then I took a liking to the smartphones. I willingly paid for the data as I wanted to use the devices to its potential. Now that I am looking at my budget, I want to kill the data plan on the BB. Since this isn't possible, I will wait until my annual upgrade date and switch away from the Blackberry. I knew about the mandated plans for the BB, so I paid the fees. If one does not like the data plans, he/she should evaluate what is wanted and make changes where needed. For me, I want to squeeze a few more dollars per month into my budget without leaving Verizon, so I am going to ditch the BB in March and get a dumbphone with a qwerty. If you feel like you're in a walled garden, do something about it and stop complaining.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to get more for my money with Verizon, but this is unlikely. I just deal with it.
    Last edited by qbot101; 02-11-09 at 08:07 PM.
    02-11-09 08:05 PM
705 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD