05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 26272829
tools
    I agree APOL10.

Verizon is the most expensive, but they have the best service where I am. Too many get hung up on devices.
    First and foremost, you need to be able to make a phone call.

I used to say this:
    Best Phone Selection: Sprint
    Best Features and Price: Cingular
    Best Provider: Verizon

Which would one rather have, a sleek phone that gets poor reception or a decent one that works?
    05-26-09 08:18 AM
    I agree APOL10.

Verizon is the most expensive, but they have the best service where I am. Too many get hung up on devices.
    First and foremost, you need to be able to make a phone call.

I used to say this:
    Best Phone Selection: Sprint
    Best Features and Price: Cingular
    Best Provider: Verizon

Which would one rather have, a sleek phone that gets poor reception or a decent one that works?
    ATT's prices are nearly, if not completely identical to VZW's these days.
    05-26-09 08:35 AM
    My answer to the question are you sick with Verizon? I say absolutely. One of the main reasons being not allowing wi-fi for the storm and not accepting updates to it for six months, leaving us storm users running a buggy official OS. I love the call quality and the network itself but for once Verizon needs to think about the consumer and not be all about corporate interest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 10:13 AM
    I know it has been said before probably.
    But if u are unhappy why don't ya'll jus
    go. T-mobile; AT&T; Sprint......
    Jus go.
    05-26-09 10:18 AM
    ATT's prices are nearly, if not completely identical to VZW's these days.
    True.... but I did say cingular
    05-26-09 11:31 AM
    I'm sick of people that act like they're so sick of Verizon Wireless but they stick with them. If I felt like I was being "raped" or if I needed a Blackberry with wi-fi, or I was "sick" of Verizon Wireless, I wouldn't use them... I wouldn't come on to a Blackberry message board and cry about not liking Verizon Wireless. I would call them and tell them to cancel my service, and I'd tell them why. How hard is it to call 611 and say "Cancel my service." ? If I didn't like McDonalds, I'd go to Wendy's... If I didn't like Dominoes, I'd go to Pizza Hut... If I didn't like Walmart, I'd go to Target. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but maybe some people would rather just cry and do nothing.
    05-26-09 11:47 AM
    so what do u want? Unconditional love?
    05-26-09 12:50 PM
    I'm sick of people that act like they're so sick of Verizon Wireless but they stick with them. If I felt like I was being "raped" or if I needed a Blackberry with wi-fi, or I was "sick" of Verizon Wireless, I wouldn't use them... I wouldn't come on to a Blackberry message board and cry about not liking Verizon Wireless. I would call them and tell them to cancel my service, and I'd tell them why. How hard is it to call 611 and say "Cancel my service." ? If I didn't like McDonalds, I'd go to Wendy's... If I didn't like Dominoes, I'd go to Pizza Hut... If I didn't like Walmart, I'd go to Target. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but maybe some people would rather just cry and do nothing.
    They love the pain. They love a dominatrix.......
    Those are probably those that have fetishes.
    I think its time for closure on this thread.
    Que no?
    05-26-09 01:54 PM
    They love the pain. They love a dominatrix.......
    Those are probably those that have fetishes.
    I think its time for closure on this thread.
    Que no?
    with a thread title like this its obvious that its going to bring some crazy arguments, hates, and debates..
    05-26-09 02:11 PM
    with a thread title like this its obvious that its going to bring some crazy arguments, hates, and debates..
    remember the name before? lol
    05-26-09 02:35 PM
    People come on here and complain because they are frustrated. In many cases, they are "sick" of certain things about Verizon, including the price and lack of WiFi. However, they are stuck with Verizon because Verizon is the only carrier that offers acceptable coverage for them.

Its kind of like being sick of the power company. Many people may dislike Verizon, but for all intents and purposes, Verizon is effectively the only choice they have.
    05-26-09 02:39 PM
    People come on here and complain because they are frustrated. In many cases, they are "sick" of certain things about Verizon, including the price and lack of WiFi. However, they are stuck with Verizon because Verizon is the only carrier that offers acceptable coverage for them.

Its kind of like being sick of the power company. Many people may dislike Verizon, but for all intents and purposes, Verizon is effectively the only choice they have.
    "Verizon is the only acceptable option" is such a BS cop out. There is no way anybody is forced to pay and use verizon service.

05-26-09 02:44 PM
    or sometimes the "best" choice given the trade-off
    05-26-09 02:45 PM
    "Verizon is the only acceptable option" is such a BS cop out. There is no way anybody is forced to pay and use verizon service.

they may not be forced - but there is some areas where its the only cell phone with decent coverage so I guess they could pay money to have a service that doesn't work

the same go's for at&t there is a few places that I know of that your shooting yourself in the foot if you don't have at&t..

so if you want a cellphone it can be tricky in some areas..
    05-26-09 02:47 PM

Forced is not what I'm referring to. What I'm referring to is the situation where someone might prefer another carrier, but ultimately goes with Verizon because it is the only carrier that offers acceptable coverage in the places they need/want it.

In such a situation, you are right of course that a value judgment has been made - that, despite all the annoyances, Verizon is still the best choice. That doesn't mean you can't be annoyed with them though. Microsoft is the best choice for a lot of people, and there are plenty who are nonetheless annoyed with them and their business practices. I think many feel similarly about Verizon. You seem to think if you aren't 100% happy with a product or service you should walk. Real life isn't that way - most of the time the best option may still have serious negatives. That's what's being discussed here.

Now if you want to argue about whether discussing it in an internet forum is particularly useful, well, no, its not really, other than to share one's frustration with others who are similarly frustrated .
    05-26-09 10:48 PM
    I disagree with saying anyone who has problems with VzW should just leave. Not everyone is going to be 100% happy all the time. I've been unhappy with them sometimes. I think there are better ways to send feedback then here and we should show them.

Obviously though some people will just complain and clog up every thread but people who post legitimate complaints have rights to be heard as customers and I'm sure Verizon appreciates the feedback.
    05-27-09 01:11 AM
    it only sounds like I complain a lot because I get so much resistance. In the end, it would just pass quickly as an opinion and .... feedback.

I don't know if there is a malicious intent for lack of wifi. It may be as simple as what many of you say, no CDMA carrier has it and its a technical limitation with blackberries, security, whatever! Who knows. For me, the only opinion I can hold on the subject is that the competition has it and verizon should see that and try to impliment it in order to stay competitive. That is it! Its a simple, and in my view, humble opinion to have. When someone sharply disagrees to the point of calling this view "asking for a handout" that's when it sparks more argument on the subject that need be. Asking for a carrier to stay competitive so that they earn your business is not asking for a handout!

As for GPS, there is probably more malicious intent there. But in all honesty, as long as new blackberries come with Storm GPS and some sort of wifi, which appears to be the case given recent news, then I really don't have too much to complain about as the network is good and the price is competitive with AT&T.

Now as far as simultanious data/voice, well... we'll have to live with that. The tradeoff I guess is better handoff from tower to tower and less dropped calls. As of right now, that part wins hands down!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-27-09 at 07:26 AM.
    05-27-09 07:24 AM
    I think Verizon is doing a good job staying competitive against AT&T. Verizon beats them in Churn quarter after quarter, profitability, net customer gain and customer service.

I'm not sure where Verizon is lacking with "staying competitive."
    05-27-09 01:14 PM
    that can alway change if they dont keep it up. Wifi needs to be implimented to stay competitive. GPS eeds to be unblocked to stay competitive. And voice/data is something AT&T will always have a 1 up on. Granted, better 3g coverage also does the same for verizon, but remember, when it comes to coverage, that can always change or at the very least..... improve with AT&T. Cant really improve voice/data simultaniously.

It doesnt make or break it, its just things for them to think about and things for customers to think about. They're doing a very fine job with customer service so that helps a lot. And frankly, when people ask me why I stay, aside from the ETFs, I'm also quite afraid to fall into a network that, although unlocks all the cool features, has poor 3g and horrible CS.
    05-27-09 04:58 PM
    it only sounds like I complain a lot because I get so much resistance. In the end, it would just pass quickly as an opinion and .... feedback.

I don't know if there is a malicious intent for lack of wifi. It may be as simple as what many of you say, no CDMA carrier has it and its a technical limitation with blackberries, security, whatever! Who knows. For me, the only opinion I can hold on the subject is that the competition has it and verizon should see that and try to impliment it in order to stay competitive. That is it! Its a simple, and in my view, humble opinion to have. When someone sharply disagrees to the point of calling this view "asking for a handout" that's when it sparks more argument on the subject that need be. Asking for a carrier to stay competitive so that they earn your business is not asking for a handout!

As for GPS, there is probably more malicious intent there. But in all honesty, as long as new blackberries come with Storm GPS and some sort of wifi, which appears to be the case given recent news, then I really don't have too much to complain about as the network is good and the price is competitive with AT&T.

Now as far as simultanious data/voice, well... we'll have to live with that. The tradeoff I guess is better handoff from tower to tower and less dropped calls. As of right now, that part wins hands down!
    thats just it...

its not verizon's choice RIM can make as many phones as they want...
    RIM creates the phones Verizon sells them and approves them...

you keep holding the hand on saying its verizons falt NO OTHER CDMA BLACKBERRY HAS IT! HOW HARD IS IT TO READ THAT!

like seriously man...

there is cdma carriers in canada also who don't have wi-fi...

I don't get how hard it can possibly be for you to understand that verizon is not the one stopping it. IF THEY WERE STOPPING IT WINDOWS MOBILE PHONES WOULDNT HAVE IT EITHER!

there I made it in nice big print with bold letters...

so you could read it... make sure you read it about ten times and even make a screenshot of it. that may help you remember that.

It has been stated many times that verizon has pretty much accepted every wi-fi enabled phone that they have been offered....

Call rim thats who your direction should be pointed to. once again ill repeat it again. VERIZON DOES NOT CREATE BB's RIM DOES!

the big print was not yelling just making sure you see it
    05-27-09 06:01 PM
    thats just it...

its not verizon's choice RIM can make as many phones as they want...
    RIM creates the phones Verizon sells them and approves them...

you keep holding the hand on saying its verizons falt NO OTHER CDMA BLACKBERRY HAS IT! HOW HARD IS IT TO READ THAT!

like seriously man...

there is cdma carriers in canada also who don't have wi-fi...

I don't get how hard it can possibly be for you to understand that verizon is not the one stopping it. IF THEY WERE STOPPING IT WINDOWS MOBILE PHONES WOULDNT HAVE IT EITHER!

there I made it in nice big print with bold letters...

so you could read it... make sure you read it about ten times and even make a screenshot of it. that may help you remember that.

It has been stated many times that verizon has pretty much accepted every wi-fi enabled phone that they have been offered....

Call rim thats who your direction should be pointed to. once again ill repeat it again. VERIZON DOES NOT CREATE BB's RIM DOES!

the big print was not yelling just making sure you see it
    Ok smarty pants... I already stated that this was a good point! So in an effort to not repeat myself, I will speak on another point! NO ONE KNOWS THE TRUE REASON FOR THE LACK OF WIFI!

CX stated once that verizon didn't want it because of battery drainage. Maybe all other CDMA carriers followed suit?

Who knows! But don't speak in absolute! We do not know for sure! I thought you were the one complaining that "I" said things and never backed them up! Don't be guilty of the exact same thing!

Everything here is speculation.....
    05-27-09 06:08 PM
    Ok smarty pants... I already stated that this was a good point! So in an effort to not repeat myself, I will speak on another point! NO ONE KNOWS THE TRUE REASON FOR THE LACK OF WIFI!

CX stated once that verizon didn't want it because of battery drainage. Maybe all other CDMA carriers followed suit?

Who knows! But don't speak in absolute! We do not know for sure! I thought you were the one complaining that "I" said things and never backed them up! Don't be guilty of the exact same thing!

Everything here is speculation.....

I don't recall that CX said anything about verizon in his quote... I think he simply said that CDMA berry's have more battery drain and wi-fi wasn't working well with it. Something in those lines..

Either way you turn it if you were on sprint you could say sprint is stopping it and if you were on bell you could say bell is stopping it...

Verizon doesn't control CDMA phones...

and thats whats frustrating me about people constantly saying verizon stopping wi-fi this and that..

The gps thing is obvious it worked on other carriers and not on verizon...

but you can't say that direct competition has it and verizon does.. YES at&T has it and they are competition but they are competition on another technology.

CDMA competition does not have it so its not comparing apples to apples.
    05-27-09 06:16 PM
    I don't recall that CX said anything about verizon in his quote... I think he simply said that CDMA berry's have more battery drain and wi-fi wasn't working well with it. Something in those lines..

Either way you turn it if you were on sprint you could say sprint is stopping it and if you were on bell you could say bell is stopping it...

Verizon doesn't control CDMA phones...

and thats whats frustrating me about people constantly saying verizon stopping wi-fi this and that..

The gps thing is obvious it worked on other carriers and not on verizon...

but you can't say that direct competition has it and verizon does.. YES at&T has it and they are competition but they are competition on another technology.

CDMA competition does not have it so its not comparing apples to apples.
    the difference between you and me is that I speculate and you do not! You already know that verizon was not involved when you are not there to see or hear what is done behind closed doors. Me, I never stated it was verizons fault, I speculated, thats it! And I did that given their rep, thats it!

The only thing I was more absolute about was locking of GPS, THATS IT!
    05-27-09 06:20 PM
    the difference between you and me is that I speculate and you do not! You already know that verizon was not involved when you are not there to see or hear what is done behind closed doors. Me, I never stated it was verizons fault, I speculated, thats it! And I did that given their rep, thats it!

The only thing I was more absolute about was locking of GPS, THATS IT!

actually I speculate things as well. However there is a difference between speculating something logically and then completely creating up a story.. just because it relates to another feature that has issues and thats where my point lays..

basically a crap ton of your posts bash verizon by doing this. hey constructive critisism is great no company is perfect. But it just comes to a point where you seem to blame them for everything and I just feel that at some point you need to make a decision of what you want.. by your posts it seems like verizon has no candle with you and maybe another provider would. If thats the case us here could do nothing more then to suggest you try another carrier.

I think verizon knows we want wi-fi. I am sure many many verizon employees have read this forum and I am sure that the information has probably been carried along to people who are important enough to do something about it.

That being said part of the reason that people are so defensive against you is that it seems like all the threads we frequent you say the same things over and over and over and over and over and basically turn down most of what everyone else states..

Yes I understand debating and I love it myself but people (and might I add many different people) have states the same things over and over back to you and you will never agree and constantly say the same things. Thats great I sometimes fall into this as well. However at some point we just need to change the topic because it gets very old as we know we will never change your mind there for whats the point of debating..

and please don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing personal against you im just stating why others are getting frustrated..
    05-27-09 06:32 PM
    that can alway change if they dont keep it up. Wifi needs to be implimented to stay competitive. GPS eeds to be unblocked to stay competitive.
    Verizon is already competitive. They don't need wifi to be competitive. AT&T and Tmobile need wifi to stay competitive.

Do you ever think of anything other than wifi and gps? Maybe the teachers need to move you on to a different subject. Sure. Verizon needs wifi to keep up when they are putting more room between themselves and number two each month. Right.

05-27-09 06:41 PM
705 ... 26272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD