05-28-09 06:19 AM
705 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    No, but some of you whiners with no life but posting on this board make me sick!
    HATER!!
    I don't need to explain myself to someone that isn't even a user on here yet!
    05-07-09 09:29 AM
    No, but some of you whiners with no life but posting on this board make me sick!
    your threshhold for those making you sick is very low lol

I hope that meant you were joking...
    05-07-09 10:26 AM
    I have verizon and never lose a call i think its worth the extra ching.
    05-07-09 01:00 PM
    There really was no need for the title change...it had been the same title forever and NO other MOD had a problem with it. WTF!
    because the original title was offensive... and mods aren't the only folks here....
    back to the subject...I love my service, and read the contract before I signed it, therefore no shock here
    Oh and I am one of those customers that has always gotten an answer, may not have liked the outcome, but I got one respectfully stated.
    Just proves the old adage "you get out of life what you put into it".
    Best of Luck in the future, wherever you travel.
    05-07-09 01:23 PM
    It's always easier to bash the best.....
    05-07-09 03:22 PM
    im done with verizon and rim i have officially been turned to hate them both and they did all the convincing themselves. waiting for a replacement storm to arrive and im going to sell it.
    05-07-09 07:08 PM
    Haha. You're right. Verizon is ridiculous w/pricing. U would think that the self-proclaimed largest network in america should also have the lowest prices. But. that would make too much sense. Add to that the fact that Verizon cares about one thing(profit) and u get one of the greediest corporations in the world. But what can ya do? Well someone should write a supervirus to take out their entire network..... I'll be gettin to work on that soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

ha ha nerd. Why should Verizon have the cheapest prices? Is it because you said so? Or the couple handfuls of other people that say vzw is "too much" When people say Verizon is too expensive i just laugh. Go get a price plan guide from AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile and put them next to Verizons. All the "basic" plans are standard across the board and some of them actually have less you get with the plan for the same price. Example for you:

450 mins with unlim M2M no roaming or long distance charges and free nights and weekends is 39.99. EVERY OTHER CARRIER HAS THAT PLAN and i actually thing AT&Ts doesnt have unlimited N&W with that (i might be wrong about that) Is it the data plan that is "ridiculous?" Well if so keep this saying in mind...."You have to pay to play." Im not just speaking for myself when i say the overall nationwide coverage Verizon offers is top of the line. I personally took a 7 hour trip to Kentuckey to visit my GFs family and had signal the entire time (had VZnav running the whole time) No ones phone worked at the house we went to and then i noticed her Aunt had a Voyager. So i commented and said "they have Verizon out here?" (in the middle of F-ing nowhere Kentuckey) and her response was "yea, its the only carrier that works here. Everyone has it"

I really wish people would stop complaining and whining about things that complaining and whining about wont change anything. Keep your negetive feelings and thoughts to yourself when they mean absolutely nothing to everyone else.
    05-07-09 07:46 PM
    ha ha nerd. Why should Verizon have the cheapest prices? Is it because you said so? Or the couple handfuls of other people that say vzw is "too much" When people say Verizon is too expensive i just laugh. Go get a price plan guide from AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile and put them next to Verizons. All the "basic" plans are standard across the board and some of them actually have less you get with the plan for the same price. Example for you:

450 mins with unlim M2M no roaming or long distance charges and free nights and weekends is 39.99. EVERY OTHER CARRIER HAS THAT PLAN and i actually thing AT&Ts doesnt have unlimited N&W with that (i might be wrong about that) Is it the data plan that is "ridiculous?" Well if so keep this saying in mind...."You have to pay to play." Im not just speaking for myself when i say the overall nationwide coverage Verizon offers is top of the line. I personally took a 7 hour trip to Kentuckey to visit my GFs family and had signal the entire time (had VZnav running the whole time) No ones phone worked at the house we went to and then i noticed her Aunt had a Voyager. So i commented and said "they have Verizon out here?" (in the middle of F-ing nowhere Kentuckey) and her response was "yea, its the only carrier that works here. Everyone has it"

I really wish people would stop complaining and whining about things that complaining and whining about wont change anything. Keep your negetive feelings and thoughts to yourself when they mean absolutely nothing to everyone else.
    why dont you try adding a blackberry with data to each plan and add all the same exact features and then see if it is the same price..
    Holy crap i am going to agree with twinx2dad on something
    [QUOTE=TwinsX2Dad;2497874]
    You should get the whole story before reacting. The big picture may still not fully excuse the word/words/sentence/post, but it may mitigate your reaction. Posters, mods & even the "higher-ups" at CB are all guilty of not getting the whole picture before reacting.

Remember - you cannot just drop into a thread, react & run. It gives you skewed version of reality, which then may become your reality. It is never good to base your thinking on the incomplete. Get facts, then react
    [QUOTE]
    Ok so he was talking about reactions to a poster but it goes the same with information.. actually get the whole story before you give your skewed opinion..
    Last edited by numus; 05-07-09 at 07:53 PM.
    05-07-09 07:48 PM

I'm going to borrow a quote here:

Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.” - Thomas Alva E

You also state it means nothing to everyone else... lets change that to "it means nothing to YOU" since I don't think your in any position to speak for "everyone" good day
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-07-09 at 09:50 PM.
    05-07-09 08:03 PM
    Haha. You're right. Verizon is ridiculous w/pricing. U would think that the self-proclaimed largest network in america should also have the lowest prices. But. that would make too much sense. Add to that the fact that Verizon cares about one thing(profit) and u get one of the greediest corporations in the world. But what can ya do? Well someone should write a supervirus to take out their entire network..... I'll be gettin to work on that soon.

Why in the **** should the size of VZW's network equate to lowest prices? Do you realize that towers cost money. 3g towers cost more money. buyng alltell costs money. implementing LTE costs money. purchasing a 700mhz spectrum costs money. giving customer's pro-rated ETF's, NE2 credits, $50 annual upgrade credits all cost money.

You should stay in school so maybe one day you'll get to work the cash register at McDonald's, Fryguy.
    05-08-09 12:23 AM
    im done with verizon and rim i have officially been turned to hate them both and they did all the convincing themselves. waiting for a replacement storm to arrive and im going to sell it.

I think you should check out another bb.. ;/ before making a hard gesture like this you will find that the storm was something they tried new so if your not happy with it its understandable but to hate them in general is pretty rough as they have made many many solid solid devices over the years..
    05-08-09 12:38 AM
    so maybe one day you'll get to work the cash register at McDonald's, Fryguy.
    LOL Fryguy. That's good.

05-08-09 01:02 AM
    This whole thread is so pathetic with the whining about how bad Verizon is. It's a pure reflection on the weakness that exists in people. Nothing but gutless turds who feel victimized by a phone company like they are the evil empire.
    05-08-09 01:27 AM
    Apologies for not reading all 38 pages, but a few points:

1) GPS *is* enabled on newer phones, including the Storm, and in my understanding, the upcoming Tour. If GPS was not enabled, that alone would cause me to switch. I've seen how useful GPS + google maps is on a friend's iPhone, and that feature is worth more to me than better coverage when traveling.

2) What's the deal with IM and Texts? I downloaded the AIM app and the GMail app - NOT from verizon, but from RIM at mobile.blackberry.com. Both apps use DATA, not TEXT. People need to pay attention to what they are using. If you don't want to use SMS to send IMs, then LOOK AROUND FOR AN APP THAT USES DATA! Remember, you have a BlackBerry - its a computer, not some dumb cell phone. You aren't stuck with Verizon's offerings, you can download any number of apps from any number of sources.

3) Tethering IS a rip, because its not nearly as fast as an air card is. So making people pay, in effect, the full $60 ($30 for BB data + $30 for tethering) is a joke. The fact this is utterly FREE on TMo may make me change. Or I'll just use TetherBerry and spoof it.

But bottom line, I agree with a lot of posts here. I hate Verizon's policies. Locked down phones, monetization of EVERY TINY FEATURE, lack of software updates for phones, no WiFi, sloooow getting new phones, and so forth. I used to love Verizon when I had a dumb cell phone, but since I got a Blackberry, I've found Verizon really grates on me. That said, its a tradeoff for superior coverage. I knew what I was getting into (except for the disabled GPS issue, which Verizon was VERY adept at hiding), and I judged the tradeoff worth it.

Next time I may not. I've found TMo is a full $20 per month cheaper for basically identical plan (with MORE texts actually) - that's a big difference, and I'm not sure Verizon's coverage is worth $240 a year.
    05-08-09 01:28 AM

2) What's the deal with IM and Texts? I downloaded the AIM app and the GMail app - NOT from verizon, but from RIM at mobile.blackberry.com. Both apps use DATA, not TEXT. People need to pay attention to what they are using. If you don't want to use SMS to send IMs, then LOOK AROUND FOR AN APP THAT USES DATA! Remember, you have a BlackBerry - its a computer, not some dumb cell phone. You aren't stuck with Verizon's offerings, you can download any number of apps from any number of sources.

just so you know there is none of the instant messenger apps on the blackberrys whether downloaded from verizon or not "the app store for blackberry are the same ones at rim" use TXT

the problem is people get reps that dont know what there talking about

the instant messenger applications on "dumbphones" use TXT messages and some verizon employees just assume that applys to all phones when in fact the blackberrys never use txt for instant messenger applications.
    05-08-09 04:06 AM
    I Love Vzw Yall Just Keep Bitchn 4 Nothin!!! They Have Tha Best Service!!! Lol
    05-08-09 04:59 AM

As for ky it Bette than att here I think had em for 5 years and glad I moved over to verizon but store a hour away

05-08-09 05:12 AM
    just so you know there is none of the instant messenger apps on the blackberrys whether downloaded from verizon or not "the app store for blackberry are the same ones at rim" use TXT

the problem is people get reps that dont know what there talking about

the instant messenger applications on "dumbphones" use TXT messages and some verizon employees just assume that applys to all phones when in fact the blackberrys never use txt for instant messenger applications.
    Ahh I didn't realize this. I just knew that I wasn't using any TXT messages for IM! I think though it makes sense to have dumbphones use TXT for IMing. Bottom line is, most people with a dumbphone don't have a data plan. They are far more likely to have some form of TXT plan. So for most customers, it is likely cheaper for dumbphone IMs to be charged as texts. Can't fault VZW too much on that one.
    05-08-09 12:41 PM
    Hold on - you might want to reread your own post, as there are some inconsistencies there., besides the fact that GoogleMaps plain, flat sucks.
    First you compalin that tethering is slower than an Aircard, therefore not worth it - a "joke" is your word. Did it occur to you that your Aircard is probably CDMA RevA as opposed to most BlackBerrys running Rev 0?

You then talk about T-Mobile, which is slower than even AT&T, then toss in Tetherberry as an alternative, which is even slower yet. Traffic/data recording proxies are like that, you know. I could probably realize better speeds with a 56k modem on dial-up.

Back to your price thing - if the carrier hits you for tethering without a plan, how many years of service will $4000 pay for?

And I've yet to hear anyone show where VZW locks down anything or charges for things that no other carrier charges for. All they can say is the worn-out & unfounded talking point of "they lock it and overcharge me" without ever providing a shred of viable or verifiable evidence.

Your "basically identical" service at T-Mobile is far slower data rates (waiting for that missing 3G connection), reduced coverage area (out of service), higher cell-altering device radiation (cancer & more), hard handoffs between towers (dropped calls), dramatically reduced M2M coverage (use plan minutes for calls to VZW friends) - that doesn't sound like "basically identical" to me.

T-Mobile has good customer service and reasonable pricing - but they are in no way "basically identical."

05-08-09 01:41 PM
    Nope, totally dig them!
    I get what I pay for and pay for what I get.

BBSeattle
    05-08-09 01:49 PM
    besides the fact that GoogleMaps plain, flat sucks.

Wow, thats the first I've heard that. That is your own opinion.

I use Google maps all the time for my job and when I travel. It is probably one of my top 3 apps that I use. It rarely lets me down, in fact I have 2 standalone gps units that I paid big money for and google maps search always outperforms them.

And its free!!
    05-08-09 01:50 PM
    And I've yet to hear anyone show where VZW locks down anything or charges for things that no other carrier charges for. All they can say is the worn-out & unfounded talking point of "they lock it and overcharge me" without ever providing a shred of viable or verifiable evidence.

unfounded? 100% locked aGPS for 3rd party apps is unfounded? Lack of wifi on bb's whose same "test" devices work beautifully with it but then come to market without it

Ever seen the storm pre launch spec sheet??? It had wifi in mind 100%

U may want to rethink that statement there...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-08-09 at 02:52 PM.
    05-08-09 02:13 PM
    yeah they are high, but i get better service than any other company
    05-08-09 02:38 PM
    yeah they are high, but i get better service than any other company
    To quote twinx2dad
    worn-out & unfounded talking point ... without ever providing a shred of viable or verifiable evidence.
    Ya i paraphrased but it works... i have yet to here a shred of viable or verifable evidence that verizon really does get better service than any other company.. The worn out talking points work in both directions...
    05-08-09 02:46 PM
    i been hearing a lot of good things about T-mobile. I might take a look at them in december when its time to renew. I would like to get a little more feedback for their coverage in the NYC area tho, especially in regards to 3g.

Only thing that'll make it hard is that I know the updated bold, the new curve, maybe even updated storm will be out by then. Even tho verizon gets them late, the one good thing isthat they're always updated and improved upon, never just carried over. Look at the curve as an example of that
    Coverage in NYC is excellent, also in NJ as well.
    05-08-09 03:42 PM
705 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD