05-28-09 06:19 AM
705 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Verizon - does not have a All-Inclusive Unlimited Everything you have to stack and once you have Unlimited Mins - BIS - Text - Gps - VCAST TV You're looking at paying 180$ a month vs 99$ with Sprint....

I'm sorry in this economy I'm not dying to pay MORE!
    That's $150, actually. And yes, it is more expensive, but Sprint has to drastically slash costs to keep their customers, and to do that, they have to cut employees.

So why not go by your own argument and better our economy by paying a company that actually *HIRES* employees to take care of you?
    05-04-09 11:32 PM
    Get T-Mobile and you get internet and text with the Unlimited Blackberry Plan. Not only that but you don't have to pay 9.99 for the VZ Navigator
    05-04-09 11:36 PM
    You get what you pay for.
    05-05-09 01:02 AM
    just switched to Sprint (BB8330)from Verizon. Much cheaper and so far---great service: No dropped calls - good reception
    Southeast Florida
    05-06-09 12:57 AM
    Get T-Mobile and you get internet and text with the Unlimited Blackberry Plan. Not only that but you don't have to pay 9.99 for the VZ Navigator
    And also little or no 3G coverage, easily cloned phones, spotty coverage and more. At least their customer service is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 01:13 AM
    That's $150, actually. And yes, it is more expensive, but Sprint has to drastically slash costs to keep their customers, and to do that, they have to cut employees.

So why not go by your own argument and better our economy by paying a company that actually *HIRES* employees to take care of you?
    $160 (100+30+20+10)
    05-06-09 02:00 AM
    If it's too expensive then you shouldn't have gotten it in the first place lol
    05-06-09 02:18 AM
    just a little perspective and nothing to flame over. Think about the fact that for a CDMA carrier, VZW is $160 a month for unlimited everything compared to sprints $99. Now while I do know and understand that VZW is a more quality network nationwide, one can't dismiss the honest question if whether you are actually getting $60 a month of better quality from VZW verse Sprint (or even TMO).

Just because VZW is better, doesn't mean its better at all cost. Now of course, expense is subjective and due to individual affordability, however, its still a question/decision one has to make without blindly saying just because VZW is better, I will go with them no matter what! BMW is better than KIA... but that doesn't mean I will pay "any price" for a BMW just because its the better car.

I mean hey, I'm with VZW right now, so I'm with you all. If not, I would of changed a long time ago... the difference is that VZW is very close to the breaking point in my book. Not because I can't afford it, but because I think its very expensive given the competition and given the removal of features. Expensive, I think I can deal with a little better, however, when you call it a quality service and then at the same time you remove the golden features (wifi/GPS), it does deminish quality to a certain extent.

I think for me, an honest medium would be if they kept the pricing but unlock the features! We pay premium already and this seems to be as an honest request from a customer who pays that premium.

And even though I do understand that the market guides pricing, I do know for sure that a lot of customers have shyed away from VZW because of this (same for at&t for that matter). And as I've said, if VZW pricing is at what the market can bare, then fine! But all I say is unlock the features and truly stand by your statement of being a premium and quality network!

Signal is not the end all to wireless just because its the main component
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-06-09 at 08:57 AM.
    05-06-09 08:05 AM
    Signal is not the end all to wireless just because its the main component
    So you can use your unlocked GPS to find some phone service? Now there's an app TMobile should come out with.

Sprint will soon release a version that helps you find another Sprint customer. The first version of the program was supposed to show people that were going to leave Sprint in the next 3 months but the arrow just spun around constantly. AT&T had the same problem with a version that pointed out people that would drop a call in the next hour. The Verizon version that found people that were going to leave Verizon was abandon after the arrow never showed up.
    05-06-09 08:22 AM
    I keep reading some of these posts and can't help but think Macys, Dillards, Nordstroms and Whole Foods should be ashamed of themselves. They need to lower their prices to match Wal-mart and sell hammers and fertilzer. BUT I WANNA BUY AT LANDS END BECAUSE THEIR SERVICE IS BETTER IN MY TOWN AND THEY HAVE BETTER QUALITY BUT THEY ARE CREEPS BECAUSE THEY CHARGE MORE THAN WAL-MART AND THEY DON'T SELL REDMAN CHAWIN' TERBACKY! Some of you need to get a life and move closer to Wal-mart.

05-06-09 09:56 AM
    I just wish they stayed more consistent. Im always afraid of whats around the corner.
    05-06-09 10:46 AM
    I keep reading some of these posts and can't help but think Macys, Dillards, Nordstroms and Whole Foods should be ashamed of themselves. They need to lower their prices to match Wal-mart and sell hammers and fertilzer. BUT I WANNA BUY AT LANDS END BECAUSE THEIR SERVICE IS BETTER IN MY TOWN AND THEY HAVE BETTER QUALITY BUT THEY ARE CREEPS BECAUSE THEY CHARGE MORE THAN WAL-MART AND THEY DON'T SELL REDMAN CHAWIN' TERBACKY! Some of you need to get a life and move closer to Wal-mart.

as usual, you missed every sensible point that I made above
    05-06-09 10:49 AM
    Well my phone bill is now 106 and some change. When I first switched to Verizon my bill was 162 and some change, but ever since they started friends and family and save a little over 50 bucks which is fine with me.

I love me some verizon!
    05-06-09 10:59 AM
    I have been with VZW for as long as I have had a phone. I stay with them because of the network. As for customer service, there has been the best and the worst. But they are ahead of the other companies in terms of the future. Lets face it they are a business.. object to make as much money as they can for their share holders. I would rather not pay them as much, but I want a phone that works when I need it.
    05-06-09 10:59 AM
    Well my phone bill is now 106 and some change. When I first switched to Verizon my bill was 162 and some change, but ever since they started friends and family and save a little over 50 bucks which is fine with me.

I love me some verizon!
    i have to admit, I have saved a little as well with F&F. First it didn't affect me since I had a home phone and 450 min plan on my berry. But I eliminated my home phone and upgraded to 900 min w/f&f and I think its a money saver. That'll help me when I think about whether I want to renew. But overall, I think that just being critical makes a good consumer.

They say u should never give a full 5 stars on any survey because there is ALWAYS room for improvement, and doing so will only make then lax! Shoot, now that I think about it, I think my boss told me that on my work evaluation...

I guess its the same reason why many professors frown on giving straight up As
    05-06-09 11:37 AM
    I softened the titled a bit while trying to keep the threads message intact. Despite disagreeing with it.
    05-06-09 12:03 PM
    Are you serious??!! Have you ever talked to anyone on T-Mobile before? Might as well be talking to Alexander Bell's first telephone that was invented!
    T-Mobile is horrible. Sorry to rag on another provider, but every, and I mean EVERY phone conversation I've had with a T-mobile subscriber has been poor quality, choppy, or dropped call.
    You get what you pay for indeed !!

If you got what you paid for, AT&T would not currently be ranked as the worst all-around service.

Look at Verizon and T-Mobile coverage charts, they are almost identical. Verizon DOES have more service in more locations in the US, but that really benefits those in really rural areas. In city locations, no matter what carrier you have, it should be boomin'. If it's not, you are simply getting ripped off.

According to Consumer Reports, Verizon and T-Mobile offer the BEST service coverage nation-wide. So close, that neither one was claimed to actually be better. In my personal experience with both companies, Verizon has a stronger service in the VERY rural locations that I travel to about once every two or three years. Whereas, T-Mobile offers more affordable services, stronger signals overall (my experience, depends where you live), and great customer service.
    05-06-09 12:26 PM
    I softened the titled a bit while trying to keep the threads message intact. Despite disagreeing with it.
    There really was no need for the title change...it had been the same title forever and NO other MOD had a problem with it. WTF!
    05-06-09 12:34 PM
    I have been with Verizon 15 years. My local store has provided me with exceptional service and their phone support of Blackberry has been outstanding. You get what you pay for.
    05-06-09 08:39 PM
    There really was no need for the title change...it had been the same title forever and NO other MOD had a problem with it. WTF!
    No, but some of you whiners with no life but posting on this board make me sick!
    05-06-09 09:22 PM
    No, but some of you whiners with no life but posting on this board make me sick!
    Now that wasn't very nice.

I have used all the carriers at some point in time, even one's that no longer exist. I have been very happy with Verizon. All the Cellular companies are just tools to accomplish wireless communication.
    05-06-09 09:28 PM
    I'm sick of Verizon's poor Smart phone line up that's for sure. It's May and there isn't even one smart phone announced for this summer. Absolutely ridiculous.
    05-06-09 09:36 PM
    I'm sick of Verizon's poor Smart phone line up that's for sure. It's May and there isn't even one smart phone announced for this summer. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Im with you and their killer smartphone has been a flop so far. Bad OS makes it a flop to me. I hope they fix this soon but now ive been so discouraged by the os releases.(lack of)
    05-06-09 10:22 PM
    Ok....this probly has been talked about before but I switched to verizon in december and their rates are astronomical...I mean they have great service and whatnot but between access rates..dropping new every 2...money is the name of the game but my gosh......

Haha. You're right. Verizon is ridiculous w/pricing. U would think that the self-proclaimed largest network in america should also have the lowest prices. But. that would make too much sense. Add to that the fact that Verizon cares about one thing(profit) and u get one of the greediest corporations in the world. But what can ya do? Well someone should write a supervirus to take out their entire network..... I'll be gettin to work on that soon.

05-06-09 11:25 PM
    Haha. You're right. Verizon is ridiculous w/pricing. U would think that the self-proclaimed largest network in america should also have the lowest prices. But. that would make too much sense. Add to that the fact that Verizon cares about one thing(profit) and u get one of the greediest corporations in the world. But what can ya do? Well someone should write a supervirus to take out their entire network..... I'll be gettin to work on that soon.

Nothing in education is so astonishing as the amount of ignorance it accumulates in the form of inert facts. -Henry B Adams
    05-06-09 11:40 PM
705 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD