05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    My wife and I both have 8330 with Sprint. 1500 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, unlimited sprint mobile to mobile SMS, MMS, e-mail, sprint TV and radio, internet, sprint navigation, nascar sprint cup mobile, BIS included, total coverage insurance for $125.
    05-03-09 01:21 PM
    We recently got a verizon share plan 69.99 for 2 lines, not a bad price at all, but 30 for data
    On each phone? I think I recall it was a share plan so why is verizon charging individual prices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 08:34 PM
    We recently got a verizon share plan 69.99 for 2 lines, not a bad price at all, but 30 for data
    On each phone? I think I recall it was a share plan so why is verizon charging individual prices

That is for minutes not data. Data at this time is handled seperate from access plans.

But what I will do for you is request a BB data plan to go on family share plan that will allow to share data $60 per month for the first two BB devices and $30 for each BB after that.
    05-03-09 08:40 PM
    I think with time we will come out with a PDA Data Share plan just like we came out with select plans.. premium plans.. etc..

Just wait until PDA/Data becomes more prevelant. It will happen.
    05-03-09 09:01 PM
    That is for minutes not data. Data at this time is handled seperate from access plans.

But what I will do for you is request a BB data plan to go on family share plan that will allow to share data $60 per month for the first two BB devices and $30 for each BB after that.
    I see what you did there.
    05-03-09 09:02 PM
    My wife and I both have 8330 with Sprint. 1500 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, unlimited sprint mobile to mobile SMS, MMS, e-mail, sprint TV and radio, internet, sprint navigation, nascar sprint cup mobile, BIS included, total coverage insurance for $125.
    Unlimited dropped calls too?
    05-03-09 09:02 PM
    It would be great if it were that easy, but in reality, it would be. "Why wouldn't you guys put a data plan on if it automatically connects? I WANT A CREDIT!" The same customers who expect so much and believe they're entitled to the world from their cell phone company and request that we allow them to not have a data plan would be the same customers who call up and want a credit. A blackberry is a DATA device. There is no reason to buy a blackberry unless you want to use it for DATA. Hence, if you don't want to use data, don't buy a Blackberry/PDA. It's very easy.

I disagree with this completely sorry. Ill give you a perfect example... My sister wants a phone that she can have and simply sync with a cable to her calendar at work that's all she wants she doesn't want internet email face book aim any of that crap...

sell her a phone to do it without a data plan....

and thats the reason why she walked out of Verizon and made no purchase....

I want her on verizon in the worst way because it has nice service...

but sometimes verizons thought process is definetly only on whats in my wallet should be in theres..

I like the customer service alot they have been helpful...

However I do think even with great face to face service (and its nice) sometimes is replaced with anger of looking at the competition and realizing how much your spending for what your actually getting.

In a years time I may talk to a verizon rep or call maybe one time...

so in reality you get my drift..

no im not leaving as of now but it certainly gets frustrating to not get some of the perks that are received elsewhere
    05-03-09 11:12 PM
    vzw has the best 3g network i feel
    they have had 3g since 2002
    yes 2002. if you dont beleive me read this Verizon Wireless unleashes 3G service - CNET News

att brags and brags about 3g this and 3g that. well vzw has had it for 7 years .

i pay for quality and i get it. i get landline quality calls on my mobile phone. i get emails that go thru and the other person gets them. and i pay for texts that dont take an hour to get to someone.
    05-03-09 11:24 PM
    noaim, doesnt verizon offer just an email plan i think they do cuz it was alot cheaper than the bb data plan which is why i questioned them, they said that the "other" plan is just for email and not for internet , she can add that i think it was 19.99 not sure though its been a while.
    05-03-09 11:35 PM
    me and my wife just switched last week and both got a storm. Our bill will be about 10-15 bucks a month more compared to our alltel bill and we didn't have any smartphones on our alltel account.

Here is the breakdown of what we had with alltel and what we have now with verizon:

Alltel:
    900 mins/month
    1st line- 700 text messages and "internet" (the non-smart phone version)
    2nd line- 250 text messages
    3rd line- tethering for internet
    total monthly $140-$150 after taxes and after my 15% discount (on just the original plan)

Verizon:
    700 mins/month
    1st line- unlimited text, BIS, tethering
    2nd line- unlimited text, BIS
    total monthly $152 before taxes (haven't got our 1st bill yet so don't know actual amount) and after my discount of 20% of the plan, 20% of both BIS, and 20% of tethering

So we're pretty happy to not be paying that much more and essentially getting more bang for our buck.
    Just so you know I don't think your going to get 20% off the tether feature. Might want to double check with verizon

05-03-09 11:45 PM
    Unlimited dropped calls too?
    Surprisingly, I've had more dropped calls on VZW than when I was on Sprint..
    05-04-09 12:00 AM
    I'm currently with VZW, but have been with T-Mobile and Nextel/Sprint in the recent past. VZW by far has the best service, I have only been in one place that I didn't have service and that was in the mountains of West Virginia. We pay roughly the same amount as we did with other carriers and have more services on our account. My husband had been with Nextel for over 10 years and his dad was a Nextel rep for several years, and they both agree that VZW is hands down the best carrier they have used.

You will get what you pay for, and wouldn't you be willing to pay to get excellent customer service, reliable cellular service, and a huge array of services and devices to choose from?
    05-04-09 12:25 AM
    my friend has verizon, but says its better than t-mobile.
    05-04-09 01:12 AM
    In my opinion verizon has the best all around service. you will always find a spot where another carrier may work better then verizon but hands down you have the best chance of reception withe verizon.
    05-04-09 01:49 AM
    VZW will take over Sprint and AT&T will take over T-Mobile. Once it's all set and done you will have two carriers. Or you can go with a reseller and claim that their service is better like most people do. Funny how you go with a reseller of VZW and claim that the service is better when the only diff is your billing.
    05-04-09 07:23 AM
    Early 2009, Verizon put a feature in Call Plans to allow you to choose 5 or 10 numbers you call w/o using up your plan minutes. For Family Share Plan you have to be at least 1,400 mins & Single Line at least 700 mins.

Not bad, if you call home a lot, to your office voicemail, freinds not on Verizon.

check it out!
    05-04-09 08:13 AM
    I've had sprint Nextel att verizon right now I pay about same as I did but better service way better I think and better tech support when u call and pick ten lord that made it go for me my whole 5 lines use maybe 500 a month now

05-04-09 08:32 AM
    VZW will take over Sprint and AT&T will take over T-Mobile. Once it's all set and done you will have two carriers. Or you can go with a reseller and claim that their service is better like most people do. Funny how you go with a reseller of VZW and claim that the service is better when the only diff is your billing.
    I highly doubt this would happen due to the anti-monopoly laws in place.

05-04-09 09:37 AM
    VZW will take over Sprint and AT&T will take over T-Mobile.
    I highly doubt this would happen due to the anti-monopoly laws in place.
    Doesn't anyone read real news before talking anymore? I retired from telco several years ago and still know the new buzz is not Verizon and Sprint. It isn't AT&T and Tmobile since Tmobile is Deutsche Telekom and DT has no interest in dealing with AT&T. DT is under analyst and stockholder pressure to drop their UK services to another entity so they can pour more capital into the US market. And the latest rumor is that DT is in talks to buy Sprint. Yes there are issues with technology differences. Anyone who blows that off forgets that Sprint Nextel still is botching all three of their technologies. But Tmobile has no real 3G presence while Verizon and Sprint are forging ahead with 4G and completely switching out their networks. So we have gsm and cdma and lte and iden and wimax, none of which are compatible with any of the others.

Iden will be gone in the end as will be cdma and gsm. So instead of switching to lte Tmobile may go wimax. Or they may kill off the wimax and go lte. It sure makes a whole lot more sense than Verizon buying a carrier that offers them nothing.

05-04-09 11:51 AM
    I disagree with this completely sorry. Ill give you a perfect example... My sister wants a phone that she can have and simply sync with a cable to her calendar at work that's all she wants she doesn't want internet email face book aim any of that crap...

sell her a phone to do it without a data plan....

and thats the reason why she walked out of Verizon and made no purchase....

I want her on verizon in the worst way because it has nice service...

but sometimes verizons thought process is definetly only on whats in my wallet should be in theres..

I like the customer service alot they have been helpful...

However I do think even with great face to face service (and its nice) sometimes is replaced with anger of looking at the competition and realizing how much your spending for what your actually getting.

In a years time I may talk to a verizon rep or call maybe one time...

so in reality you get my drift..

no im not leaving as of now but it certainly gets frustrating to not get some of the perks that are received elsewhere
    Palm Centro? Treo? Uh, some others. There are PDA's that do not require it that we still sell.
    05-04-09 01:05 PM
    Palm Centro? Treo? Uh, some others. There are PDA's that do not require it that we still sell.
    As of November 2008, I believe all new smartphones activated on VZW require a data plan, including treos and centros.

05-04-09 02:32 PM
    Only on phones launched after 11/14/2008. Not phones sold. So treos and centros would not require one.
    05-04-09 02:43 PM
    Only on phones launched after 11/14/2008. Not phones sold. So treos and centros would not require one.
    Blackberry before that though, right? I've had to have data on my Blackberrys since at least two years ago if I am remembering correctly.
    05-04-09 03:21 PM
    I have been with Verizon for over three years now, our family plan has been great. I like the flexibility of being able to change our plan as we see fit, if we need to increase our minutes for a few months, we can do that, or downgrade if needed.
    For the most part we have great coverage, except recently when some heavy snow storms knocked out a tower. Verizon credited our bill and apologized for the outage.

There always adding value as well, the recent addition of friends and family let's us add ten numbers on other networks and not use our monthly plan minutes. Plus Vip benefits, what's not to love?

Ok Verizon, about that new Blackberry...
    05-04-09 05:33 PM
    Blackberry before that though, right? I've had to have data on my Blackberrys since at least two years ago if I am remembering correctly.
    Right blackberries have always required them.
    05-04-09 06:59 PM
705 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD