05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    yea... because republicans have done such a wonderful job these past 8 years after the clinton era...
    Clinton era? The Clinton era? You mean the one where he cut military spending by 1/3rd (including walter reed, which GW bush took the hit on). "oh but we need to take care of our troops!" Also, who controlled congress during Clinton's "era" I'll give you a hint, it started with "R." The spending was out of control with Bush -- it was ridiculous, so Obama wants to spend more to get us out -- makes perfect sense. The entire Bush Presidency the Left criticized (so did the right, including me) him for spending too much. What does Obama do? Proposes more spending that is going to skyrocket the deficit 1.9 Trillion. Then when it doesn't work, they're going to say "oh well, too little too late, it was Bushs' fault."

Clinton just also got lucky because during his term the Baby boomers had hit their maximum income. So that means that the social security had lots of revenue and that was used to "balance" the budget. Bush 2 has no excuse, he had a republican congress and a republican whitehouse. However, if Reagan had had a republican congress -- oh man.

and weekend, if I was in ur city and responding to ur res, I'll be sure to insert a nice 14g IV in the worst possible site, maybe in ur hand, give u a nice 1000l bolus of ns to flush out the ignorace from ur head and maybe turn u into a sensible liberal that will question corporate america

Verizon qualifies!
    I question corporate America when there is something to question, not just because it's corporate America.
    03-03-09 03:56 AM
    The truest statement I have read in a long time, las......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry

03-03-09 03:57 AM
    Is there a way to ignore an entire thread because this one is completely worthless now.
    03-03-09 03:58 AM
    The term "raped" means assaulted...A .r.a.p.i.s.t uses actual force or violence or the threat of it to take control over another human being.

Do you feel Verizon is controling you? Forcing you to do something you don't wish to do? If you don't like the fees why not switch carriers?

Why do so many people feel they deserve something or are owed something by others, including a business like Verizon? Maybe it's the "spread the wealth around" mentality?

And when I said "owed" I meant up and above what was agreed upon in the beginning...like a Verizon contract.

I'm sorry to say but I do agree, you check the prices / tariff / contract terms or however you call them BEFORE you sign the contract, if you didn't like the terms why sign?
    I'm a UK guy so I know nothing about Verizon or AT&T, but it just seems like a way to vent your own annoyance at having to pay a big bill every month.
    That's just my opinion and I may be completely wrong but certainly dont blame "said carrier" if you didn't take the time to check rates and shop around before you signed a legally binding document...
    03-03-09 04:19 AM
    Is there a way to ignore an entire thread because this one is completely worthless now.

Yeah you don't click the link to go in it.
    03-03-09 04:23 AM
    Oh and to the slightly confused folks below I believe the conversation was about carrier charges. Having said that and without the patience to read pages of argument I gather that the Clintons got thrown in somewhere amongst Jesus and crucifiction.

So, anyone for a PIN conversation NOT about ANYTHING in this thread?
    03-03-09 04:26 AM
    Geeze. Who really still wants to talk about VzW "raping" people more?
    03-03-09 04:28 AM
    That doesn't seem to be preventing it from showing up on the list of threads. Can you explain this in further detail? Am I doing it wrong?
    03-03-09 04:32 AM
    That doesn't seem to be preventing it from showing up on the list of threads. Can you explain this in further detail? Am I doing it wrong?
    So you have to click on every thread that shows up? Man you must spend a lot of time on here
    03-03-09 04:37 AM
    Clinton era? The Clinton era? You mean the one where he cut military spending by 1/3rd (including walter reed, which GW bush took the hit on). "oh but we need to take care of our troops!" Also, who controlled congress during Clinton's "era" I'll give you a hint, it started with "R." The spending was out of control with Bush -- it was ridiculous, so Obama wants to spend more to get us out -- makes perfect sense. The entire Bush Presidency the Left criticized (so did the right, including me) him for spending too much. What does Obama do? Proposes more spending that is going to skyrocket the deficit 1.9 Trillion. Then when it doesn't work, they're going to say "oh well, too little too late, it was Bushs' fault."

Clinton just also got lucky because during his term the Baby boomers had hit their maximum income. So that means that the social security had lots of revenue and that was used to "balance" the budget. Bush 2 has no excuse, he had a republican congress and a republican whitehouse. However, if Reagan had had a republican congress -- oh man.

I question corporate America when there is something to question, not just because it's corporate America.
    Your right! How could I have missed it? Bush was a fantastic president!!
    03-03-09 04:43 AM
    Obviously you didn't read my post.
    03-03-09 04:46 AM
    Obviously you didn't read my post.
    You're right again! I apologize! Reagan sucked too!
    03-03-09 04:52 AM
    No kidding. These Verizon reps, I tell ya!

03-03-09 09:47 AM
    You're right again! I apologize! Reagan sucked too!
    No, the Dem controlled congress that Reagan had to deal with sucked.

03-03-09 09:54 AM
    I actually am getting sick of it.
    I've thought about going back to a basic phone so I can drop that damn data plan!
    Plus I don't need to even have so many minutes anymore since I don't talk on the phone much now.
    03-03-09 10:40 AM
    you get what you pay for and have to get the best for your coverage area. last i checked they stopped driving up and down my street putting a gun to heads of would be customers'
    03-03-09 10:46 AM
    It seems people not only think they are being raped by Verizon Wireless but they are also underage!! Tsk Tsk. R Kelly would be proud.

Just like R Kelly, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Business is business. Verizon will charge what they will and people will continue to pay their bill. Strictly because they have tried the rest and are willing to pay more for what works for them.

Again. Cost = Value If you don't see a value you don't have to sign an agreement. If you have a choice of a couple carriers that work in your area make the intelligent decision (possibly your first) and try the rest. Then you might see the value. If not stay with the one that meets your needs. Monetarily or not.

I'm sick of seeing "I don't have a choice!! Its the only one that work in my area\ they are the only one that has the plan I need\ their the only one that has the phone I want." Well apparently then this is the Value. They can charge what you they want because they are giving YOU what you need. Everything has a price. Obviously they worked hard (and paid alot) to meet your needs.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-03-09 at 11:25 AM.
    03-03-09 11:17 AM
    I actually am getting sick of it.
    I've thought about going back to a basic phone so I can drop that damn data plan!
    Plus I don't need to even have so many minutes anymore since I don't talk on the phone much now.
    I wonder why

03-03-09 11:26 AM
    The novelty of the storm has worn off..it took 24 hours, one unlock and .. is this the best they can do? been in the box in the wardrobe for 3 weeks now till I decide what to do with it

Verizon need to drastically reduce the data plan costs if they are going to make money by flooding the market.

Something arrogant business's have trouble understanding

keeping the pricing low and you will make bigger profits by attracting more users.. anyone in verizon got a business degree over the internet?
    03-03-09 11:44 AM
    "Please note: Data plan for iPhone is required for the life of your iPhone service and cannot be removed in the future.
    Data Plan for iPhone

$30.00/month

Data Plan for iPhone 3G includes unlimited data in the U.S. Access rich HTML email and desktop-level web browsing, as well as Visual Voicemail to listen to voicemail messages in any order you choose.

Please note: AT&T is Apple's exclusive carrier partner for iPhone in the United States. An eligible data plan for iPhone is required. This data plan covers data usage in the United States and does not cover international data usage and charges. If AT&T determines that you are using an iPhone on your account without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee."

Look its $.12 more a year!!!
    03-03-09 11:51 AM
    Verizon blows

03-03-09 12:24 PM
    Verizon need to drastically reduce the data plan costs if they are going to make money by flooding the market.

Something arrogant business's have trouble understanding

keeping the pricing low and you will make bigger profits by attracting more users.. anyone in verizon got a business degree over the internet?
    Now explain this to me. Why would VZW charge less than their primary competitor AT&T? Sure, Sprint & T-Mobile charge a little less, but their coverage areas are smaller & their customer bases are shrinking. VZW & AT&T are growing.

So it is apparent that coverage & marketing allow for the standard price to be charged.

Something a lot of people miss is that at least half of all smartphone users could get away with a regular cell phone. These people choose to get a smartphone because they want one. Out of the box, can a BlackBerry create Office files or view PDF files? Neither can an LG Dare. What is more telling is the fact most BlackBerry owners these days don't care that they can't do these things on their phones.

The bottom line is, if you don't like the traditional BlackBerry fee (which is actually cheaper today than two years ago) feel free to grab a Nokia, LG, Samsung or Moto dumbphone without a smartphone data plan. If you still want to feel important & carry a BlackBerry, head over to Sprint or T-Mobile.

For me, while I always thought T-Mobile had great customer service and a lower price, that didn't stop me from advising them that I would not be renewing lines for my kids/grandkids. Due to coverage issues, especially at the outskirts of town & while camping, come the end of April, VZW will indeed be getting more business from me.

Those who equate value with lowest price are doomed to be cheapskates.

03-03-09 12:28 PM
    I'm sorry to say but I do agree, you check the prices / tariff / contract terms or however you call them BEFORE you sign the contract, if you didn't like the terms why sign?
    I'm a UK guy so I know nothing about Verizon or AT&T, but it just seems like a way to vent your own annoyance at having to pay a big bill every month.
    That's just my opinion and I may be completely wrong but certainly dont blame "said carrier" if you didn't take the time to check rates and shop around before you signed a legally binding document...
    For the most part, Verizon bills are an adventure every month. You never know what extra little fee will show up!

People are complaining because there is no good alternative. That's what people on here aren't understanding. YES VZW may provide the best service centers and the best coverage, but you don't really "get what you pay for" in a sense of dollars out of your wallet...you get what you pay for compared to everyone else, whose prices are ridiculous to begin with.

Because cell carriers build and maintain a network, it's difficult for healthy competition to arise, which would lower prices. This is similar to how the cable companies operate. At this point in time, most people say "VZW sucks in my city" or "AT&T lost a lot of calls where I live"...not everyone has an equal opportunity to each carrier because of that.

Cell phones have become a need in our society. Not smartphones, but cell phones have (imagine being stranded or an emergency out in the middle of nowhere?). The carriers know this and rape us monthly. Verizon included. Just because everyone else is doing it too doesn't mean VZW escapes blame.
    03-03-09 12:55 PM
    So we should rename the thread is anyone else sick of being raped by the need and cost of having a cell phone?
    03-03-09 01:26 PM
    Now explain this to me. Why would VZW charge less than their primary competitor AT&T? Sure, Sprint & T-Mobile charge a little less, but their coverage areas are smaller & their customer bases are shrinking. VZW & AT&T are growing.

So it is apparent that coverage & marketing allow for the standard price to be charged.

Something a lot of people miss is that at least half of all smartphone users could get away with a regular cell phone. These people choose to get a smartphone because they want one. Out of the box, can a BlackBerry create Office files or view PDF files? Neither can an LG Dare. What is more telling is the fact most BlackBerry owners these days don't care that they can't do these things on their phones.

The bottom line is, if you don't like the traditional BlackBerry fee (which is actually cheaper today than two years ago) feel free to grab a Nokia, LG, Samsung or Moto dumbphone without a smartphone data plan. If you still want to feel important & carry a BlackBerry, head over to Sprint or T-Mobile.

For me, while I always thought T-Mobile had great customer service and a lower price, that didn't stop me from advising them that I would not be renewing lines for my kids/grandkids. Due to coverage issues, especially at the outskirts of town & while camping, come the end of April, VZW will indeed be getting more business from me.

Those who equate value with lowest price are doomed to be cheapskates.

while I agree that the $29.99 is competitive with AT&T, I disagree with just one statement. the phone does all sorts of cool stuff as u mentioned like view and edit PDF files, word docs, etc. Those, however, are programs that you either pay for, or is a feature that are part of the operating system by RIM, not verizon, e.g docs 2 go, BB maps, or 3rd party PDF, excel, or word apps. You can't justify any premuim network/service fees for BB service just based on what any particular app can do! That's wrong! That fee your talking about is in the cost of the phone and the apps themselves... not verizon
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-03-09 at 01:56 PM.
    03-03-09 01:33 PM
705 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD