05-28-09 06:19 AM
705 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    2Y Degree required for NYPD to even get in.

Running Code means lights/sirens.
    if u wanna get technical, a 2 year degree is not required.... try 60 college credits

second, I don't know what "running a code" is refered to since it can mean several things. But "working a code" in my business is a cardiac arrest. Responding code "#" is ur level response to a job (in this case, ambluance call)

its not just simply "lights n sirens"
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-28-09 at 01:03 PM.
    02-28-09 12:53 PM
    I have a love/hate relationship with verizon. my bill is incredibly expensive but i never lose calls no matter what city i am in. i have plenty of friends and family that are using AT&T and sprint... i myself used nextel at some point and i realized you really do get what you pay for. i wish they didn't force everyone to get data plans if you have a smartphone but really, what can i do but **** and moan?
    03-01-09 01:17 PM
    I have a love/hate relationship with verizon. my bill is incredibly expensive but i never lose calls no matter what city i am in. i have plenty of friends and family that are using AT&T and sprint... i myself used nextel at some point and i realized you really do get what you pay for. i wish they didn't force everyone to get data plans if you have a smartphone but really, what can i do but **** and moan?
    What plan do you have? if you have a 900 plus min single plan or 1400 plus Family share plan, you can check family and friends option from you my verizon acct on Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless With a single plan you can add 5 numbers and family share you can 10 numbers and they become like in calling.
    03-01-09 01:21 PM
    If you got what you paid for, AT&T would not currently be ranked as the worst all-around service.

Look at Verizon and T-Mobile coverage charts, they are almost identical. Verizon DOES have more service in more locations in the US, but that really benefits those in really rural areas. In city locations, no matter what carrier you have, it should be boomin'. If it's not, you are simply getting ripped off.

According to Consumer Reports, Verizon and T-Mobile offer the BEST service coverage nation-wide. So close, that neither one was claimed to actually be better. In my personal experience with both companies, Verizon has a stronger service in the VERY rural locations that I travel to about once every two or three years. Whereas, T-Mobile offers more affordable services, stronger signals overall (my experience, depends where you live), and great customer service.
    your ********! VZW is the best son
    03-01-09 03:06 PM
    if u wanna get technical, a 2 year degree is not required.... try 60 college credits

second, I don't know what "running a code" is refered to since it can mean several things. But "working a code" in my business is a cardiac arrest. Responding code "#" is ur level response to a job (in this case, ambluance call)

its not just simply "lights n sirens"
    I'm not "wanting to get technical" Sixty credits is VERY close to a 2Y Degree. The cop will probably ask you why you stopped going to school and didn't complete it.

Also, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Ask the officer who posted here what "running code" means. It means you've activated your take down lights at least (and probably sirens). Please, don't post on this subject as you clearly do not know what you're talking about.

"cover is code (whatever)" is different than "running code"
    03-01-09 07:34 PM
    Man either you don't care to stay on the subject, or you are all not trying very hard.

shame it is.....
    03-01-09 09:55 PM
    The "subject" has been argued about for about 20 pages. What else do you wanna discuss? Just curious
    03-01-09 10:24 PM
    The "subject" has been argued about for about 20 pages. What else do you wanna discuss? Just curious
    What are the thoughts on Verizon's tech support? I have had to talk to them a couple of times and founf them to be fairly knowledgeable.

Any thoughts?
    03-01-09 11:01 PM
    Wow - I guess 80 million people and the best customer rating, by far, are all stupid and you're the intelligent one.

I have a bill that is in the thousands of dollars each month along with 5 lines on my personal account and it has been several years since a rep-error caused me a billing error. VZW promptly corrected it. Talking with my immediate family & friends show similar experiences. My CPA firm uses VZW exclusively because they are the only carrier that can get the bills straight.

I'd bet VZW shut you off for non-payment or refused you service because you couldn't pay a deposit. Either way, you come off as a buffoon with a chip on his shoulder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess service must be determined by a region like their service. I know many of families here that aren't happy with the customer service provided by Verizon along with myself.

I do have a chip on my shoulder that has the Verizon Wireless logo all over it. But some how I still am a Verizon customer until December 2010, and I continue to pay my bill every month. I also ask that you continue to pay your tax dollars so I can continue to pay my bill every month.

Also 80 million people didn't choose Verizon contract wise. Some of them found themselves Verizon customers once they started buying out other wireless companies.
    03-01-09 11:31 PM
    I'm not "wanting to get technical" Sixty credits is VERY close to a 2Y Degree. The cop will probably ask you why you stopped going to school and didn't complete it.

Also, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Ask the officer who posted here what "running code" means. It means you've activated your take down lights at least (and probably sirens). Please, don't post on this subject as you clearly do not know what you're talking about.

"cover is code (whatever)" is different than "running code"
    I'm not a cop dude... LOL (argue by urself) if I say red, u say blue. if I say up, u say down. Hopefully if ur standing on a bridge and I say don't jump, you'll just jump n get it over with!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-02-09 at 01:24 AM.
    03-02-09 01:21 AM
    What are the thoughts on Verizon's tech support? I have had to talk to them a couple of times and founf them to be fairly knowledgeable.

Any thoughts?
    I find the knowledgable and can fix most of the problems. You looking to work for VzW?
    03-02-09 04:15 PM
    I'm not a cop dude... LOL (argue by urself) if I say red, u say blue. if I say up, u say down. Hopefully if ur standing on a bridge and I say don't jump, you'll just jump n get it over with!
    You know, after this post it really is quite obvious you're completely immature for your age. I really hope you don't work as a paramedic in my city, if you even work as one in the first place. I never said you were a cop (thank god you're not). You were trying to tell me I don't know what "running code" meant and you're completely wrong -- I was correcting you, like usual.
    03-02-09 04:21 PM
    Also 80 million people didn't choose Verizon contract wise. Some of them found themselves Verizon customers once they started buying out other wireless companies.
    But you're missing the fact that most customers don't care who gives them service as long as they get service. A reduction in confusion also helps the new combined provider. Interestingly, Qwest new subscribers have increased since the VZW takeover and churn has decreased.

Toss in the fact that the three states I checked over lunch that have complaint statistics online (I love contactor logins) show more Sprint billing complaints to the state agencies than VZW in raw numbers. AT&T has the same thing - we're talking raw, unadjusted numbers - not a percentage based on number of subscribers, a figure VZW also wins on.

The only one that came close was T-Mobile & although they were close, even they didn't quite match up. You might want to check BBB information as well.

So, for whatever reason, you were one of the very few with problems. This is not impossible anytime you're dealing with humans, machines or electronics. Some things I've noticed in dealing with telco carriers. One is that they will generally take care of billing miscues promptly and correctly. The odds of having an issue on VZW are far more remote than with half of the "Big 4." Lastly, many billing issues are not the fault of the carrier; rather, the account holder often has extended culpability.

The sad thing about humanity today is that far too many aren't honest enough to admit their own mistakes

03-02-09 05:00 PM
    2Y Degree required for NYPD to even get in.

Running Code means lights/sirens.
    Nooo...
    Running Code THREE means lights and siren...

Responding Code 2 - Proceed immediately w/o lights and siren...i.e. with flow of traffic

I started in the Fire/Rescue game in 1978 at BCCRS and just gave it up last year at WFD...

How many years have you been in the game?
    Last edited by DIA.NSA.CIA; 03-02-09 at 05:37 PM.
    03-02-09 05:21 PM
    Nooo...
    Running Code THREE means lights and siren...

Responding Code 2 - Proceed immediately w/o lights and siren...i.e. with flow of traffic

I started in the Fire/Rescue game in 1978 at BCCRS and just gave it up last year at WFD...

How many years have you been in the game?
    Technically sure. However all the ride alongs I've done and cops I've talked to use a "slang" term if you will and say "running code"

Not long enough obviously lol.
    03-02-09 05:57 PM
    So now maybe we ought to figure out how to solve the economic crisis...
    03-02-09 06:01 PM
    Hm. Tax cuts I say + spending cuts.
    03-02-09 06:01 PM
    Hm. Tax cuts I say + spending cuts.
    + impeachments. LOTS of impeachments!

03-02-09 06:08 PM
    It was rather interesting, we were having a conversation on a political forum I post on. One of the posts was "What should be cut from government to reign in spending?" and I said: "Democrats" LOL. Spending to get out of debt makes no sense to me, but I'm no genious.
    03-02-09 06:18 PM
    yea... because republicans have done such a wonderful job these past 8 years after the clinton era...

and weekend, if I was in ur city and responding to ur res, I'll be sure to insert a nice 14g IV in the worst possible site, maybe in ur hand, give u a nice 1000l bolus of ns to flush out the ignorace from ur head and maybe turn u into a sensible liberal that will question corporate america

Verizon qualifies!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-02-09 at 10:24 PM.
    03-02-09 10:12 PM
    Starting to think this forum has seen it days. Do not even remember the topic anymore.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-02-09 at 10:45 PM. Reason: correct spelling error
    03-02-09 10:27 PM
    Starting to thing this forum has seen it days. Do not even remember the topic anymore
    The truest statement I have read in a long time, las......

03-02-09 10:35 PM
    Do not even remember the topic anymore.
    Was there one?

Let's see. We've brought up politics. We're missing religion & baseball.

Ever wonder why people don't like to talk religion or politics? It has nothing to do with potentially offending people. Those who don't like talking religion or politics don't have a clue as to the subject matter.

Bill: What do you think about candidate X?

Jen: I don't like him. He's pro-war and will bring us eight more years of the same thing.

Bill: Why do you say that, Jen?

Jen: YOU DON"T TALK ABOUT POLITICS OR RELIGION IN POLITE COMPANY, BILL!

Okay - that went over like a lead balloon. Think quick! Center fielder. 1958 Mets. Give me his name.

Who really gave the okay to crucify Jesus? In the minds of people like Rican, it had to have been a Verizon policy wonk.

It's in the 80s here this week. It is 9:20PM, it is currently 74 and I am sitting on my rear deck wearing shorts after a swim. I am enjoying a nice fat heater (cigar) & a bottle of Scotch whisky. The laptops are whirring like champs. The fans are twirling, the stars are bright & the dogs are at my feet. Is it cold where you are? Too bad.

So now, I have corrected all the omissions. We've mentioned politics, religion, baseball, drinking & smoking.

Oops - forgot about sex.

Okay gang - what's a bigger turn on for the ladies. A guy with a Curve, a guy with a Pearl or a guy with the free LG? I hate to break it to you, but probably the guy with the free LG. Why? Because he will have both more time and money to spend with her instead of on his BlackBerry. So the guy with the LG will get some and the guy with the Curve might get some if he redirects his fingers away from his phone. The guy with the pink Pearl is probably too effeminate to care.

Okay, so now we've even broached sex.
    03-02-09 11:20 PM
    Verizon charges more because they have better service. You said it yourself. Our company has tried every carrier and there is no comparison. We travel a lot and Verizon delivers almost everywhere. I drove for a month with Sprint and Verizon side by side and it was laughable. Our company is willing to pay more because of the reliable service.
    03-02-09 11:38 PM
    You are right detective, but being the first among many losers is not something to be proud of. Since we're talking baseball, Verizon is like the champion of the Rookie minor league when it comes to thinking of the customer first.

An honor not many have, but still has no shot at making it big.
    03-02-09 11:48 PM
705 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD