05-28-09 05:19 AM
705 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Don't worry Rican. I see enough scumbags everyday, I certainly don't let message board ones bother me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you work in california? I'm going to school get a bachelors in Criminology/CJ. You city, county or state??
    02-26-09 06:08 PM
    Don't worry Rican. I see enough scumbags everyday
    Staying away from mirrors might help you immensely with this problem.

02-26-09 06:58 PM
    I live in NY, Weekendbum. Feel free to PM me anytime.

02-26-09 07:33 PM
    I used to think TwinsX2dad had pretty good posts. Now, based on this thread and the comments he made about LEO's, I know now he is just an arrogant jackass!
    Your comments are offensive also.

02-26-09 09:34 PM
    i ve only used tmobile before i switched to vzw. i've dropped my bill some buy adding my girlfriend to my plan. my daughter also has hers and i got my gf's mom a phone too so they don't eat up out minutes. with unlimited data and 1400 shared i pay 180 but i split it. i dont think that too bad for four lines including my storm data plan. oh i dropped the insurance on the two cheapest phones and will elect to buy used if a replacement is needed.
    02-26-09 09:41 PM
    I apologize Sgt Berry if I've offended you or anyone else. I suppose some thoughts are better left unsaid.

02-26-09 10:18 PM
    I used to think TwinsX2dad had pretty good posts. Now, based on this thread and the comments he made about LEO's, I know now he is just an arrogant jackass!
    Your comments are offensive also.

As I alluded to before - a mental midget crawled over from the Sprint side, attacked me & was negligent in backing up anything he said & I specialize in getting people's goats. If you didn't follow that, oh well.

For the record, I never once believed or even cared that he was actually in law enforcement.

Arrogance is arrogance - real police officers are not arrogant.

02-26-09 10:31 PM
    wait till this douch needs a LOE one day for a real emergency...

let him tell the cop that he is a pencil pushing revenue collecting unintellectual ***** in a uniform

LMAO! This guy is something else!
    02-27-09 01:12 AM
    Really rican is it hard to proofread your posts? I mean I know this isn't english class but come on. It's LEO.
    02-27-09 03:09 AM
    wait till this douch needs a LOE one day for a real emergency...

let him tell the cop that he is a pencil pushing revenue collecting unintellectual ***** in a uniform

LMAO! This guy is something else!
    I hope no one counts on you to save their life, you don't ever seem to be able to get away from your computer.
    02-27-09 07:31 AM
    So you are capable of judging a person's intelligence now over the internet? You are are one very impressive individual.
    I don't think it's any secret that it is, indeed, possible to judge the intelligence of somebody over the internet. I've run into adults on the internet that couldn't pass the third grade.
    02-27-09 08:37 AM
    I don't think it's any secret that it is, indeed, possible to judge the intelligence of somebody over the internet. I've run into adults on the internet that couldn't pass the third grade.
    I suppose its equally as difficult in knowing that someone is actually an adult. Lots of kids pretend to be adults, lots of men pretend to be women. The complete anonymity that people are able to hide behind on the web, makes it difficult to discern (at least for me).

02-27-09 04:35 PM
    I'll be honest from posting on LEO forums and being involed in LEO discussions I have found a lot of people who pose to be cops on the internet. It does happen. It's funny though when you quiz them and ask them what a 3.5 hearing is, or what running code means you get a blank.
    02-27-09 04:43 PM
    Keep in mind, a Criminal Justice degree (or any degree, for local municipalities) is not required. The vast majority still refer to the penal law book to see what the penal section is, while writing their reports. Obviously the longer you are on the job, the more familiar you become with common sections.

They can't cram four years of Criminal Justice into six months in the Police Academy.

As far as lying about being a LEO, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Its the internet, anyone can be anything they want.

02-27-09 04:56 PM
    I know it's not required. I still wanted to get it though. It helps for promotions and maybe someday becoming brass
    02-27-09 05:25 PM
    Education is never a bad thing. Best of luck to you.

02-27-09 06:23 PM
    4 year degree is required for the sgts exam ... withn NYPD anyway... as for a code? whats that mean? running to get a code for a combination lock?

guess I must not be a medic

I mean shoot, I can't even abrev law enforcement officer properly so what do I know
    02-27-09 07:37 PM
    Really rican is it hard to proofread your posts? I mean I know this isn't english class but come on. It's LEO.
    If you guys would stop quoting him, I'd not be subjected to anything he says - and be happier for it & probably less cranky on the site.

I hope no one counts on you to save their life, you don't ever seem to be able to get away from your computer.
    Bedpans, Scott - no one's life is in danger because someone didn't get it changed, unless you have a creepy person sharing your semi-private room.

Yes it is - you can tell a lot from a person when the sensory aspects of communication are removed, although it is much more difficult to read their intent.

I suppose its equally as difficult in knowing that someone is actually an adult. Lots of kids pretend to be adults, lots of men pretend to be women. The complete anonymity that people are able to hide behind on the web, makes it difficult to discern (at least for me).
    I'll be honest from posting on LEO forums and being involed in LEO discussions I have found a lot of people who pose to be cops on the internet. It does happen. It's funny though when you quiz them and ask them what a 3.5 hearing is, or what running code means you get a blank.
    As far as lying about being a LEO, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Its the internet, anyone can be anything they want.
    EXACTLY!

Say what you will about me, but I've played on message boards for far too long and have grown way too cynical & mistrusting of people online.

Remember the 976/676 numbers before 900 numbers? The local telcos put those out as chat lines - teens & adult numbers. Some families were ruined from phone bills in the tens of thousands of dollars & perverts would dial the teen lines & such. I was with the local telco at the time, was injured on the job & had to come inside. My job? Premium Services Supervisor - my team moderated these lines. We worked with law enforcement quite often, but sometimes not enough as they (and the laws) were not up to speed yet with all of the new communications offerings. It was sickening what some people would do to impersonate a kid, then try to lure them out for... well, you can imagine the sordid details from sick minds. One of the sick minds was that of since convicted pervert Richard Eliget - a police officer who was convicted of pimping his wife, but not of any perversions with minors.

Over the years, I took on a hobby of operating message boards for whatever my latest hobby or interest was. While still with AT&T, I ran (on my own dime) something we used to call a BBS - the pre-Internet version of these current message boards or even all-in-one sites like the old AOL or Prodigy. This moved into message boards on my own servers, using my own code, at first, then premade scripts like Jelsoft's vBulletin (this site runs on vB) or Invision or SMB. This is why some of my posts have mentioned message board operation - I've has sites with 100,000 members.

So, I've seen my share of fruitcakes, liars, perverts & freaks - they come out of the woodwork online. As a result, the minute I see someone claiming to be an officer of the law, or an attorney or whatever, my apprehension level rises. When they use these claims without a shred of backing, I get my hackles up. When they make these claims, and whether or not they are telling the truth about who they are AND seem like they are lording it over anyone, teeth come out.

In casual conversation about a device or service, if your area of expertise is not in that area, it matters not what you do - it only serves to show arrogance and/or bravado. If we are discussing tires, it matters not if you're a doctor, a lawyer or a ditch digger. However, if you tell me you've been with Tire Rack for 15 years & talk like you have actually been there - you know aspect ratios, tread compounds & ratings, I will listen to you. But to say something like "I am a doctor" or "I have 3 degrees in education + an MBA" and try to sound authoritative in tires when you obviously aren't, look out. The quiet people will go away & the bulldogs (like me) will rumble.

And, as is probably obvious, I am a pro at taking the worst of a situation and using it.

What makes matters more intense is the fact I honestly don't care what people think of me. I do not live my life to please any man who isn't paying me - and sometimes even then, I don't care. I have staunch & very strong principles that I live by & if you don't like it, too bad.

I participate in these forums as a way to pass time or for stress relief and to share knowledge. I always hope that what I share is of assistance to someone.

I have been in the service of my country and have been in telecommunications most of my life. I am an avid gun enthusiast, possess a CCP and have a government security clearance. I have been on six of seven continents and have been involved in telecom projects on each of them. I have, in my life, seen bad cops & good lawyers & honest used car salesmen & dishonest preachers. I have always, as Dr. King said, judged a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character. I've made the acquaintance of many good people who I still remember well, but whom I could not tell you their race.

But I've not met any of you, nor do I know any of you. What I do know is that the police officers, the attorneys, the doctors & dentists I've come across, know and respect, don't have the time to dink around on BlackBerry sites. So my suspicion rises on claims of being one of these people. I am not saying there aren't any, just that the likelihood of a 7-11 clerk or a teenager or a predator or a bedpan cleaner being on a message board is far more likely.

And, when someone lays claim to being in law enforcement on a message board where that disclosure is unnecessary, I remember Richard Eliget or some of the many news stories about people who let a badge & a gun & power go to their head.

If I insulted the law enforcement community, my apologies. It was not my intent. What was my intent should've been clear and that was to battle someone I felt was using their claim arrogantly & looking to cut them down to size.

I will say this much - I won't hold my breath waiting for the cops to show up if someone is attacking my home, my family or my friends. There is too much that can happen in the 3-15 minute response time.

I regularly defer to the known VZW reps with regards to VZW policies and/or products offerings - while I know customer service, there is no way I can keep up with their knowledge on these subjects. But I'd put my infrastructure knowlede up against theirs any day of the week because, frankly, the carriers do not share that info with their inside workforce. They don't know switches, cable or even where towers are located. I pay attention to that because that is what I do. In other words, I know when I am not expert in an area.

So, take what you will out of what I just wrote. Again, I really don't care if you believe me or not. Just don't attack me or try to make me sound stupid just for intelligently rebutting something you said about something I am expert about.

And, for the individual who made a comment about my parenting skills, I have eight children - two in the Marine Corps and one a police detective in Texas - and seven grandchildren. Two of my grandchildren are here with me because both mom & dad are deployed overseas. My house is regularly filled with children, as I make my home kid-friendly. We play ball, go camping and their friends are always welcome. I sometimes have to say no because too many kids & not enough seats. I guess I am really a bad dad. If you think you know me well enough to judge my parenting by the way I called you on the carpet, you're dumber than the bedpan guy who irritates everyone here.

Suggestion: if you don't want to read what I or anyone else here writes, take their name, go to your user CP (control panel) & add them to your IGNORE list. Just don't stress out that they may be talking about you, because they will be.

02-27-09 07:56 PM
    The term "raped" means assaulted...A .r.a.p.i.s.t uses actual force or violence or the threat of it to take control over another human being.

Do you feel Verizon is controling you? Forcing you to do something you don't wish to do? If you don't like the fees why not switch carriers?

Why do so many people feel they deserve something or are owed something by others, including a business like Verizon? Maybe it's the "spread the wealth around" mentality?

And when I said "owed" I meant up and above what was agreed upon in the beginning...like a Verizon contract.
    Well, you can find definitions on the internet. An, well technically due to the contractual agreement they are in some peoples view taking control over aspects of yourself.

Also, on the comment of people thinking they are owed stuff. I am PAYING a bill every month for a service, a service that I use daily, a service is just that, a service. If I want free text messaging, than your ******* right they owe it to me to have free text messaging. Last time I checked, the people they continue to **** off are paying their employees and keeping their name in the market.

I am not only talking agreed services. I am talking about the millions a month Verizon miss bills per month, hoping their customers don't notice and say anything. The play on words they use to sell customers, the lackluster customer support they offer to their paying customers.

I HATE Verizon wireless with the passion of a thousand suns. They have screwed me numerous times and I am a perfect example of why they keep loosing customers for stupid reasons. Like charging to transfer a phone book from one phone to another.

I hope to god you aren't a business owner, that kind of mentality towards customers is pure ignorance.
    02-27-09 10:38 PM
    Can you tell me how to install themes for my storm ?
    02-27-09 10:44 PM
    Your not being raped you most likely feel your paying to much, but there service is simply the best. And new every two wont be applied in 2010 because vzw is switching to 4G lte (long term evolution) and the phones out now will not work and will most likely be using sim cards. If your so unahppy with the cost go to metro or cricket if they have it in your are and if your paying 44.99 a month on a BB plan switch it to the 29.99 you probably dont need a corporate email account
    02-27-09 11:08 PM
    I am not only talking agreed services. I am talking about the millions a month Verizon miss bills per month, hoping their customers don't notice and say anything. The play on words they use to sell customers, the lackluster customer support they offer to their paying customers.
    Wow - I guess 80 million people and the best customer rating, by far, are all stupid and you're the intelligent one.

I have a bill that is in the thousands of dollars each month along with 5 lines on my personal account and it has been several years since a rep-error caused me a billing error. VZW promptly corrected it. Talking with my immediate family & friends show similar experiences. My CPA firm uses VZW exclusively because they are the only carrier that can get the bills straight.

I'd bet VZW shut you off for non-payment or refused you service because you couldn't pay a deposit. Either way, you come off as a buffoon with a chip on his shoulder.

02-28-09 12:00 AM
    4 year degree is required for the sgts exam ... withn NYPD anyway... as for a code? whats that mean? running to get a code for a combination lock?

guess I must not be a medic

I mean shoot, I can't even abrev law enforcement officer properly so what do I know
    2Y Degree required for NYPD to even get in.

Running Code means lights/sirens.
    02-28-09 04:02 AM
    Well, you can find definitions on the internet. An, well technically due to the contractual agreement they are in some peoples view taking control over aspects of yourself.

Also, on the comment of people thinking they are owed stuff. I am PAYING a bill every month for a service, a service that I use daily, a service is just that, a service. If I want free text messaging, than your ******* right they owe it to me to have free text messaging. Last time I checked, the people they continue to **** off are paying their employees and keeping their name in the market.

I HATE Verizon wireless with the passion of a thousand suns. They have screwed me numerous times and I am a perfect example of why they keep loosing customers for stupid reasons. Like charging to transfer a phone book from one phone to another.

I hope to god you aren't a business owner, that kind of mentality towards customers is pure ignorance.
    Just think of all the frustration you could have saved yourself if you had canceled in May of 2008 like you claimed you were. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...tml#post340924
    02-28-09 05:08 AM
    Just think of all the frustration you could have saved yourself if you had canceled in May of 2008 like you claimed you were. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...tml#post340924
    Oooooh, nice find.

Wondering exactly the texting history racked up that bill?

Ever notice how the vast majority of I HATE (INSERT NAME HERE) complaints of being screwed over neglect to accept any personal responsibility?

We get to see the following:

THEY BILLED ME FOR MISPLACED CHARGES!

THEY SCREWED UP MY BILL AND OVERCHARGED ME!

If we really saw this...

No one told me I needed a texting plan, then my new girlfriend told me to text her and my phone company is a trying to rip me off! My bill was $783.77!!!

or

My phone company is such a ripoff! I called my new boyfriend who only lives three miles away and no one told me it wasn't in my minutes! Now my bill is $783.77!!! He just lives the other side of the Detroit River!

Previous late payments, contract, paying off those 5000 hormonally based text messages or international calls, means probable poor credit and a deposit with the other carriers - but hey, the current carrier who had the audacity to bill you in the first place is the bad guy.
    02-28-09 11:20 AM
705 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD