05-07-09 09:28 PM
64 123
tools
    I think they have fair choices of phones based on what they have options to get please keep in mind that GSM carriers have more choices on phones simply because there is more GSM phones created...

Its not like verizon wont grab a good phone guys they do go after nice phones based on what they can get..

in reality just look at sprints lineup....

I wouldn't say its far off...

verizon has more phones coming be patient

nah, I never blamed the carrier. I know its a CDMA issue however, its still an inevitable reality of being on verizon despite it being a CDMA thing...
    05-07-09 08:05 AM
    Anyone else fed up with Apple & their poor selection of phones?

Newsflash: More phones = less tech support & knowledge from your carrier. It is very difficult to train employees on how to explain & troubleshoot 100 phones.

I can give many reasons why the Bold is better than the Storm & I can give many as to why the Storm is better than the Bold. I can also give reasons why Pre is better than both and reasons iPhone is better than all three. In fact, I can argue positives on any of these over the others.

I will agree that the "best phone selection" is extremely subjective, while saying "the most phones" is objective. One is opinion, while the other is cold numbers. Personally, I don't think any intelligent soul cares, as long as they offer the one phone I want on a network that works for me.

Compared to what is in the pipeline, every current device is junk. Considering the head start VZW has with LTE, for the foreseeable future, the phone selection (and speed/service options) is bound to get better for VZW and worse for others. AT&T will get there, then T-Mobile. Sprint, going it alone with WiMAX will again have the roaming nightmare that was once Nextel.

Go ahead - switch now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 07:51 PM
    You mean a carrier Right?
    05-07-09 07:54 PM

Newsflash: More phones = less tech support & knowledge from your carrier. It is very difficult to train employees on how to explain & troubleshoot 100 phones.

I can give many reasons why the Bold is better than the Storm & I can give many as to why the Storm is better than the Bold. I can also give reasons why Pre is better than both and reasons iPhone is better than all three. In fact, I can argue positives on any of these over the others.

I will agree that the "best phone selection" is extremely subjective, while saying "the most phones" is objective. One is opinion, while the other is cold numbers. Personally, I don't think any intelligent soul cares, as long as they offer the one phone I want on a network that works for me.

Compared to what is in the pipeline, every current device is junk. Considering the head start VZW has with LTE, for the foreseeable future, the phone selection (and speed/service options) is bound to get better for VZW and worse for others. AT&T will get there, then T-Mobile. Sprint, going it alone with WiMAX will again have the roaming nightmare that was once Nextel.

Go ahead - switch now.

Twins, you speak as if once a relationship with big red is over, ITS OVER and we can never go back!

I won't put them in the same category as my first break up!
    05-07-09 08:08 PM
    You mean a carrier Right?
    No - while I am not a fan of the ancient technology we know as GSM, there isn't really much wrong with AT&T. Their 3G capability is horribly underdeveloped and even where it exists, it is mostly very slow. The customer service has reported hiccups and they offer no price benefits. But if you want decent coverage and have a preference for GSM, it is hard to beat AT&T, unless you're VZW.

I actually think Apple did the smart thing by going with a large GSM carrier, as Europe likes the iPhone. If it wasn't an Apple product (and touchscreen), I might even like it.

My point was simple - Apple makes one phone and it is a success. You don't need 57 channels, if all you want to watch is one.

05-07-09 08:25 PM
    Twins, you speak as if once a relationship with big red is over, ITS OVER and we can never go back!

I won't put them in the same category as my first break up!
    Not quite - but for most, it is over for two years.

It won't be two years before LTE will be hitting like a steamroller and those who switch will then be saying, "My carrier sucks! They have old phones that are slow!"

And, if you want to be one of those, be my guest.

05-07-09 08:28 PM
    No - while I am not a fan of the ancient technology we know as GSM, there isn't really much wrong with AT&T. Their 3G capability is horribly underdeveloped and even where it exists, it is mostly very slow. The customer service has reported hiccups and they offer no price benefits. But if you want decent coverage and have a preference for GSM, it is hard to beat AT&T, unless you're VZW.

I actually think Apple did the smart thing by going with a large GSM carrier, as Europe likes the iPhone. If it wasn't an Apple product (and touchscreen), I might even like it.

My point was simple - Apple makes one phone and it is a success. You don't need 57 channels, if all you want to watch is one.

I ment more about your comment

Were you quoting that from someone?
    05-07-09 08:28 PM
    Were you quoting that from someone?
    No - it was a twist on the topic title. It was a quote from my gray matter.

05-07-09 08:34 PM
    all im saying is that before people jump down verizon' throat over time they do come with some nice solid devices..

just think of there actual lineup...

we for one want super cutting edge technology thats why were addicts but if you look at there lineup over all you can go in and buy almost any phone off the shelf and walk out with a solid device yes yes key word being "almost"

There is more average business users and standard phone users then there are HARDCORE technology freak ones...

so its really not as bad as it seems.
    05-07-09 08:40 PM
    all im saying is that before people jump down verizon' throat over time they do come with some nice solid devices..

just think of there actual lineup...

we for one want super cutting edge technology thats why were addicts but if you look at there lineup over all you can go in and buy almost any phone off the shelf and walk out with a solid device yes yes key word being "almost"

There is more average business users and standard phone users then there are HARDCORE technology freak ones...

so its really not as bad as it seems.
    The real problem isn't verizon.. it is that we are all crackberry addicts.. what do we all have in common.. it isnt what carrier we decide to go with.. it is we decide to go with blackberry devices.. We judge everything vs the blackberry.. i know plenty of palm users and iphone lovers that hate the blackberry.. they see it as an inferior object... so we, as crackberry addicts, judge every phone by the blackberry standard.. if it doesnt match that we call it inferior... really it is just our perception tho...
    05-07-09 08:48 PM
    In my opinion most ppl don't even use a third of a phones capabilities. I use just about every feature/application n my phone. I absolutely LOVE my storm. I agree with other ppl saying that most ppl just certain phones just to say look what I got. And these ppl just use the phone to make phone calls and text.

05-07-09 08:57 PM
    i agree, I also agree that we do judge the carrier as well based on the blackberry club exclusively
    05-07-09 09:08 PM
    i agree, I also agree that we do judge the carrier as well based on the blackberry club exclusively
    Really? With all coverage, features, pricing, etc. talked about here. I feel carrier debates would affect more than Blackberrys. I think it more the fact that is is Crackberry.com and since 99.9% of the folks here have Blackberrys may be a factor
    05-07-09 09:14 PM
    Really? With all coverage, features, pricing, etc. talked about here. I feel carrier debates would affect more than Blackberrys. I think it more the fact that is is Crackberry.com and since 99.9% of the folks here have Blackberrys may be a factor
    Naa when you boil everything down the standard phone plan for stupid phones is about the same.. the difference is the features and prices of all the addons for the blackberry and other smart phones...
    05-07-09 09:28 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD