tools
    Don't Talk About My Mom!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 09:01 AM
    Don't Talk About My Mom!!!!!!

I won't; I like hot moms.....
    Especially hot grand moms......
    Gotta love the home made cookies; and cold milk.
    Frothy cold milk....
    05-05-09 09:17 AM
    mmmmm...whole Milk and cookies made with real LARD! Just like the buttertons!

05-05-09 09:18 AM
    I love how people complain about lack of phone choices, especially when the largest percentage of users don't even use their phones for what they are intended to do in the first place.
    05-05-09 09:19 AM
    I love how people complain about lack of phone choices, especially when the largest percentage of users don't even use their phones for what they are intended to do in the first place.
    Only you know what your point is with that statement.

One has nothing to do with the other. Your post makes no sense at all.
    05-06-09 08:44 PM
    and where are vzw's killer smartphones???? Is the omnia just a red headed step child here? and the HTC touch pro??? hmmm?
    Both are mediocre WinMo phones with newer versions coming out on other carriers soon but of course there is no announcements for any of those phones or any smart phones really coming out for Verizon Wireless this summer so far.

Right now, the only smart phone on the rumored release schedule this summer for VZW is the Tour which is basically just another Blackberry to anyone that doesn't already own one. There is nothing exciting about the phone at all. It's a business device so that makes sense but anyone on VZW that wants more then a business device for a smart phone is just **** out of luck.

VZW's current and upcoming smartphone line up is awful. Bottom line. It's pathetic at this point.
    05-06-09 09:04 PM
    05-06-09 09:07 PM
    how about the diamond 2 touch pro 2 or that slick tmobile htc phone that looks like sweet. I mean this is the reason why im considering leaving verizon when my contract is up. Unless they land that sweet *** nokia n97 coming out soon.

edit:

its the Wing 2 that looks nice and sexy.
    05-06-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the info. It's better then nothing but Verizon hasn't confirmed anything so I guess this is one for the rumored list. Better then nothing but still
    05-06-09 09:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. It's better then nothing but Verizon hasn't confirmed anything so I guess this is one for the rumored list. Better then nothing but still
    Your probably right. But with a name like Verizon XV6175, I would have to place a bet it arrives.

Not that I want to get it. It's just a second generation HTC Excaliber/T-Mobile Dash.
    05-06-09 09:16 PM
    Dragonball since you seem to know on HTC whats the benefit of having WM over blackberry i want to make the jump into WM after having a bad experience with the Storm.
    05-06-09 09:18 PM
    and where are vzw's killer smartphones???? Is the omnia just a red headed step child here? and the HTC touch pro??? hmmm?
    These phones aren't anything special and are hardly considered killer smartphones.

I agree Verizons phone selection isn't the greatest and some of the smartphones they do have ( like the HTC Touch Pro ) they put lower spec processors/memory Now that doesn't make any sense to me. How does that benefit Verizon to "detune" a phone?

I read an fairly informative article about all the wireless carriers and their weak and strong points not long ago. According to the author of this article Verizon has been so busy building out their network that they have let their phone selections slide. I don't know if there's any truth to that assesment or not but some carriers are strong in some areas and weak in other areas but I would rather have a carrier that had a strong, reliable signal so I could make a call when I needed to.

I'm looking forward to the Tour, when that comes out I'll be completely satisfied
    Last edited by sprke81; 05-06-09 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-06-09 09:21 PM
    Dragonball since you seem to know on HTC whats the benefit of having WM over blackberry i want to make the jump into WM after having a bad experience with the Storm.
    Now I didn't say that. I merely informed the forum of another WinMo phone. I have used many WinMo phones, and I would say they are good phones. My last WinMo was the Omnia. Decent performance, poor resolution. I have never been satisfied with WinMo phones or Pocket PC's. Very Poor UI and with most WinMo phones, they lag and can be somewhat buggy.

I would not let your experience with the Storm taint your view of all Blackberry's.

Every OS & phone will have it's own unique...uhm.....quirks. It all comes down to your personal preference.
    05-06-09 09:31 PM
    I would not let your experience with the Storm taint your view of all Blackberry's
    Thats exactly right. I cringe when I hear people are going to get a Storm as their first Blackberry. I like my Storm but I've had many BBs before the Storm. I wonder what my perception of Blackberry would have been if I had started out with the Storm.....
    05-06-09 09:36 PM
    My husbands first BB...storm, his opinion? Doesn't like it, hated it for the first two weeks, actually, but I keep working on him, he's adjusting, I will NOT allow a bb hater in my house!

05-06-09 09:46 PM
    I didnt start with the storm i started with the pearl. I guess i want to try something different.
    05-06-09 09:48 PM
    I didnt start with the storm i started with the pearl. I guess i want to try something different.
    Trying something different is perfectly acceptable. Just don't fall into the "Grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.
    05-06-09 09:53 PM
    I have the pearl too, I need two things, more memory and full keyboard...I'll be paying full retail for the tour(?) I'm sure, but I'll kind of miss my pearl, she's so cute!

05-06-09 09:59 PM
    I does not bother me one way or another what phones VZW does or does not have. I don't care if AT&T or T-Mobile get phones and we get them a year later. It is a phone, that I can use to do my work on the go. If I have to wait an extra year to get the phone on VZW and AT&T has it, does not bother me. Gives time for all the bugs to get worked out by the time it hits VZW.
    05-06-09 10:27 PM
    I does not bother me one way or another what phones VZW does or does not have. I don't care if AT&T or T-Mobile get phones and we get them a year later. It is a phone, that I can use to do my work on the go. If I have to wait an extra year to get the phone on VZW and AT&T has it, does not bother me. Gives time for all the bugs to get worked out by the time it hits VZW.
    Doesn't bug me either. Verizon has no fewer phones than any other carrier. The way it looks, the Bold may be a one hit wonder. The Pre may not be enough to save Palm. I can't help but notice all the people who ignored the Bold and jumped on the Storm and now they want the Bold after all. Those who jump for the Bold will suddenly want the Niagara. By the way, who got the Storm first? Who is getting the Niagara? Now we even hear there is a new Storm2 on the way. AT&T misses out on all three and so does tmobile. BTW, Sprint won't be getting the Storm2 either and now there are even rumors Verizon might pay for an exclusive on Niagara. Where are the other carriers now?

05-06-09 10:38 PM
    Thats exactly right. I cringe when I hear people are going to get a Storm as their first Blackberry. I like my Storm but I've had many BBs before the Storm. I wonder what my perception of Blackberry would have been if I had started out with the Storm.....
    Storm is my first blackberry and I love it. does everything i ask of it lol.Read the posts on this site for quite a while before getting it and I really dont see what is so bad about it. I havent experienced any of the countless problems people are having with the storm, maybe I'm just really lucky. I'm a contractor and I use the **** out it. The only time I use the computer now is to read up on this site lol. good luck to all
    05-06-09 11:09 PM
    Storm is my first blackberry and I love it. does everything i ask of it lol.Read the posts on this site for quite a while before getting it and I really dont see what is so bad about it. I havent experienced any of the countless problems people are having with the storm, maybe I'm just really lucky. I'm a contractor and I use the **** out it. The only time I use the computer now is to read up on this site lol. good luck to all
    I'm glad your happy with it Don't hear a lot of people saying that unfortunately. I enjoy mine to but I've done a lot of things to it to help it, things I wouldn't have known when I first started using the BB os.
    05-06-09 11:15 PM
    Doesn't bug me either. Verizon has no fewer phones than any other carrier. The way it looks, the Bold may be a one hit wonder. The Pre may not be enough to save Palm. I can't help but notice all the people who ignored the Bold and jumped on the Storm and now they want the Bold after all. Those who jump for the Bold will suddenly want the Niagara. By the way, who got the Storm first? Who is getting the Niagara? Now we even hear there is a new Storm2 on the way. AT&T misses out on all three and so does tmobile. BTW, Sprint won't be getting the Storm2 either and now there are even rumors Verizon might pay for an exclusive on Niagara. Where are the other carriers now?

thats all well and good, however, those phones you listed are all future devices that have not even offically confirmed (niagara/storm 2). So as it stands "TODAY," Verizon (and Sprint for that matter) is still dishing out its old tech and until something new is confirmed, Verizon will have the worst selection of new blackberries verse the GSM competition (AT&T/TMO).
    05-06-09 11:31 PM
    I agree with Rican. I just wish verizon wouldnt cripple phones the way they do. Its why im considering going with ATT(service wise same thing here in los angeles for me) I've been eying that Nokia N97. Looks very sexy piece of machine.
    05-07-09 12:17 AM
    I think they have fair choices of phones based on what they have options to get please keep in mind that GSM carriers have more choices on phones simply because there is more GSM phones created...

Its not like verizon wont grab a good phone guys they do go after nice phones based on what they can get..

in reality just look at sprints lineup....

I wouldn't say its far off...

verizon has more phones coming be patient
    05-07-09 02:25 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD