I have a BB with ATT, live in the NW Indiana area and I don't like ATT's lousy service. Almost once every week, I get a failed call error when starting to make a call. The speed of 3G is often slow as dial-up. What I would like to find out is how is Verizon's 3G/data and phone service because I'm contemplating on jumping to Verizon and getting the new Motorola Droid once it is released. My contract with ATT isn't near its end but if the price of the Droid and Verizon data service is good than I might switch sooner.
    10-25-09 07:27 PM
    The price of service is parallel - a penny difference here & a penny the other way there.

I don't live in the Chicago area, but I am forced to go there, sometimes frequently. VZW service is strong, while my AT&T service isn't so good.

If I was forced to live with AT&T service there, I guess I could tolerate it - but VZW shines in Chicago - and the not too distant areas, including Michigan City & South Bend. I've taken the (long) drive to Detroit without a hiccup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:07 PM
    The price of service is parallel - a penny difference here & a penny the other way there.

I don't live in the Chicago area, but I am forced to go there, sometimes frequently. VZW service is strong, while my AT&T service isn't so good.

If I was forced to live with AT&T service there, I guess I could tolerate it - but VZW shines in Chicago - and the not too distant areas, including Michigan City & South Bend. I've taken the (long) drive to Detroit without a hiccup.

dang it twins.....you did it again..... any chance I can get you to BBM me? 301E0FD4
    or and email? jkmarshall@ verizons BIS
    10-25-09 11:03 PM
    What did I do this time?
    10-25-09 11:50 PM
    Just pick up your nearest internet enabled wireless device, and add me as a bbm comyact or send me an email, and you can find out.

10-26-09 12:51 AM
    Just pick up your nearest internet enabled wireless device, and add me as a bbm comyact or send me an email, and you can find out.
    PMs work for you now. That's as far as I go with Internet sites.

10-26-09 08:53 AM
    Cool! Thank you for the input. I don't use web/data services very often, but when I do use them I would like for it to be quick (at least meet the 3G avg speeds). Considering the premium that I'm paying for my ATT data/phone service, I should be getting decent service.
    Anyway, that settles it. If the early contract termination isn't too bad and the Droid isn't too expensive than I might make the switch earlier than expected.
    10-26-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD