Anybody else find this to be a little deceptive? Seems like they are trying to trick people into the corporate data plan, advertising it as the "unlimited" one.
    11-05-09 11:07 PM
    Depends on how you look at it.. The unlimited supports both BES for RIM, and Wireless Sync and Exchange Support for Windows devices. If you don't need these features added on, you just need Email and Web. Not deceptive, just click the links to read the descriptions.
    11-05-09 11:27 PM
    How is selling 2 unlimited plans and only titling the more expensive one as such not deceptive?
    11-05-09 11:30 PM
    They aren't both unlimited. You don't get access to BES, or Windows Exchange with the Email and Web package, therefore not unlimited. Is it really that difficult to grasp?
    11-05-09 11:32 PM
    They aren't both unlimited. You don't get access to BES, or Windows Exchange with the Email and Web package, therefore not unlimited. Is it really that difficult to grasp?
    I fully understand the differences, but 97% of verizon's customers wouldn't. I know people that were convinced they needed BES when they didn't - so I wouldn't put it past verizon to try and make some money off the less technically inclined.
    11-05-09 11:36 PM
    That's why Big Red has 24/7 customer support. If you're uncertain of what to click on when starting your service on the web, you should go into a store to ensure everything is set up right. The options lead to links that explain the difference between the two plans. You're right though, to the below average person this may seem deceptive; but the below average person shouldn't be signing up for a data package, they should be using a basic model handset. lol.
    11-05-09 11:41 PM
    If they're confused they can call CS or go to a store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 06:04 AM
    Um, only one one them says "unlimited"... the unlimited one.
    11-06-09 06:23 AM
    I fully understand the differences, but 97% of verizon's customers wouldn't. I know people that were convinced they needed BES when they didn't - so I wouldn't put it past verizon to try and make some money off the less technically inclined.
    Thats a pretty big estimate...
    And I think this whole "I wouldn't put it past Verizon to try and make some money" thing has already been discussed.
    11-06-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD