07-27-13 04:09 PM
283 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Still on phone. I have BlackBerry rep and VZW rep fighting it bout and me on too.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:12 PM
    VZW says there is no date for any update and BlackBerry rep is pushing them to release it.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:14 PM
    On hold with BlackBerry rep waiting on VZW to research more and we are both listening to apple commercials.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:17 PM
    Ok. The official word. BlackBerry and VZW were both on phone and BlackBerry told VZW that they have had the update since the date it was released to everyone else. They asked why it has not been released to the customers. The VZW supervisor escalated it to the software update team and someone from that team is going to call me. Keep on pushing everyone. This is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    07-22-13 06:31 PM
    Ok. The official word. BlackBerry and VZW were both on phone and BlackBerry told VZW that they have had the update since the date it was released to everyone else. They asked why it has not been released to the customers. The VZW supervisor escalated it to the software update team and someone from that team is going to call me. Keep on pushing everyone. This is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    Since they are blaming blackberry and say that it was taken back because of problems, did you ask the Verizon why it runs fine on the q10 device that they currently offer?

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 06:36 PM
    Since they are blaming blackberry and say that it was taken back because of problems, did you ask the Verizon why it runs fine on the q10 device that they currently offer?

Posted via Z10
    Yes and the Verizon rep kept giving me political answers like she was running for office. I told her to stop and answer my questions and they never could give me an answer. I told them that I am not stupid nor are the others waiting on the update. We need to be treated like customers. I convinced the BB rep to stand his ground with me since it is killing their business. Waiting on VZW to call and then I will update. Tired of paying the bill to a company that does not show any type of normal customer care towards me.
    07-22-13 06:59 PM
    Yes and the Verizon rep kept giving me political answers like she was running for office. I told her to stop and answer my questions and they never could give me an answer. I told them that I am not stupid nor are the others waiting on the update. We need to be treated like customers. I convinced the BB rep to stand his ground with me since it is killing their business. Waiting on VZW to call and then I will update. Tired of paying the bill to a company that does not show any type of normal customer care towards me.
    Nice to hear that you are standing your ground and making them aware that you aren't stupid as they like to think all their customers are unaware of the crap they are shoveling.
    You may single handedly be responsible for an update being pushed out ....lets hope so.

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 07:10 PM
    Appreciate the fortitude Fly_branch!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:48 PM
    Yay for fly_branch!

Posted with ma delicious Z10 or ma yummy Q10
    07-22-13 09:00 PM
    So I called Verizon tonight. After much checking by them internally, Verizon confirms they do have the 10.1 update date in house but have not completed their "Do Diligence" on it. This must be completed before they release the update. I suggested to Verizon they update their website to provide a regular status on where they stand so their customers can be updated as to their progress. Other than that, not much new here. My assessment now is this is now a Verizon issue. I encourage others to correspond with them.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:41 PM
    So I called Verizon tonight. After much checking by them internally, Verizon confirms they do have the 10.1 update date in house but have not completed their "Do Diligence" on it. This must be completed before they release the update. I suggested to Verizon they update their website to provide a regular status on where they stand so their customers can be updated as to their progress. Other than that, not much new here. My assessment now is this is now a Verizon issue. I encourage others to correspond with them.

Posted via CB10
    Once again....do they realize they have already approved it? it's running on the q10. This is really starting to smell a little fishy. I feel for our verizon friends because you are being lied to and I can't figure out why.

Posted via Z10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-22-13 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    . . . *due* diligence . . . just fyi
    07-22-13 10:44 PM
    I wonder if they are tracking hits on this page? LOL

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com...kberryz10.html

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:55 PM
    Does someone mind starting a thread that pulls together people that are installing leaks on the Verizon Z10 exclusively so we can figure out which one is the best and most stable and DOESN'T have issues? I'm tired of all these pros and cons, I just want the random reboots to stop and to have a normal operating phone! I'll start the thread if no one wants to, just thought I'd shoot it here first.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:09 PM
    On hold with BlackBerry right now. VZW said BlackBerry should be able to give me an update over Link whenever they want. I said not true according to VZW. They said it is up to BlackBerry to give the update just like other manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    I stopped recommending any of my Verizon friends and family to get any bb10 phones because of this exact issue. It's an embarrassment.

Post via CB Z10
    07-23-13 04:18 AM
    For my Verizon Z10 2354 with an 1881 radio file worked well.
    No reboots.

4651 seems even better. Smoother and no reboots since 2009.

I would recommend 4651. Install, wipe and restore.

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    07-23-13 08:20 AM
    Ok. No callback from VZW so I called BlackBerry with my case number. BlackBerry said I had most recent software so we started all over again and they called VZW for me and connected me. VZW apologized for no call back. The technician read the notes and said I have the most recent software. He said they are not pushing any BlackBerry updates due to the last two updates from BlackBerry for Os6 and Os7 crashed the phones on AT&T, T-Mobile, and VZW. He said he had no idea when an update would be pushed since they are tired of replacing phones due to BlackBerry update problems. He recommended another brand of phone for me. He is pushing me to get a windows phone. I am afraid that BlackBerry is going to go down based on this whole phone experience. I am going to dump the Z10 so I do not hold a miniature playbook in my hand. Screw me once, your fault, screw me twice and it is mine. I am not going through this again. I hate to leave, but no choice. I will still keep my 9930, but I am done. BlackBerry is losing a fighter for the cause. Just a shame Thor.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:43 AM
    Ok. No callback from VZW so I called BlackBerry with my case number. BlackBerry said I had most recent software so we started all over again and they called VZW for me and connected me. VZW apologized for no call back. The technician read the notes and said I have the most recent software. He said they are not pushing any BlackBerry updates due to the last two updates from BlackBerry for Os6 and Os7 crashed the phones on AT&T, T-Mobile, and VZW. He said he had no idea when an update would be pushed since they are tired of replacing phones due to BlackBerry update problems. He recommended another brand of phone for me. He is pushing me to get a windows phone. I am afraid that BlackBerry is going to go down based on this whole phone experience. I am going to dump the Z10 so I do not hold a miniature playbook in my hand. Screw me once, your fault, screw me twice and it is mine. I am not going through this again. I hate to leave, but no choice. I will still keep my 9930, but I am done. BlackBerry is losing a fighter for the cause. Just a shame Thor.

Posted via CB10
    Shame to see you go....i would suggest to try a leak and if you don't feel comfortable, I would be more than happy to walk you through one in a Skype session sometime. the z10 is a really great phone and even better with the update that fixes the bugs that are plauging Verizon customers especially.

Posted via Z10
    07-23-13 08:48 AM
    I appreciate it, but I am not going to own a phone that I feel like nobody is going to support in the long run. It pains me to say it, but thanks to BlackBerry and my PlayBook experience and the VZW Z10 experience I am done.

My wife has a 9930. I am so glad I talked her into keeping it. My two kids were thinking about dumping iphone for a Z10 along with some friends but after watching me they would never go to BlackBerry. Just an absolute shame.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    You've really worked them over well on this one .... and tried to get answers many of us need/want. What no VZW rep has explained (or you just haven't mentioned) is why/how they HAVE pushed out the 10.1 OS on the Q10 (notwithstanding what happened that crashed older models). Based on the Company Line this VZW rep gave you, why would they have introduced 10.1 on the Q10 without having the same "crashing" fears they have regarding 10.1 on the Z10.
    Blackberry is almost equally at fault ..... if its not their 10.1 (for Z10) that is the problem when 10.1 (for Q10) is released on VZW, then come out and tell us Z10 folks that VZW is the hold up. Oh, that's going to **** Off VZW? and VZW has been .... just... So Helpful and supportive.... with updates and stuff during the last few months while the rest of world has 10.1 (and is getting ready for 10.2) while we have zilch.... I don't think so.
    Thanks for your efforts, Fly-Branch...
    07-23-13 09:00 AM
    Fly_branch, I share in your assessment. Both the wife and I have been blackberry users for many years and have gone through our iterations of blackberry models.
    It's very frustrating having a great phone that's not working to its full potential because of an outdated OS. I have always loaded leaks, but decided that this time I shouldn't have to as the phone should work without me tinkering with it all the time.
    This will be the last time I buy blackberry unless both BlackBerry and specifically Verizon pull a rabbit out of the hat.
    I love BlackBerry, but this issue is like wet laundry hanging out on a rainy day.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:11 AM
    Verizon is just as sleezy as any of the other carriers. Like Sprint, they are on the hook (contract) to sell billions of a particular vendors phone. They seem to be basically running a tiered business, the 'What we need to move' vs 'Oh yea we carrier that'. Actually, I wonder if this can be considered anti-competitive and actionable from a legal stand point. Reason I even mention that is any vendor not of that higher tier seems to get the shaft and its not like you can sell phones directly to the public.

Anyway, someone with some pull needs to do something about the US carriers (at least ATT and Verizon) to get them to move a bit quicker.
    07-23-13 09:30 AM
    I must say that just thinking about getting this BlackBerry burden off my back is rejuvenating. I feel free that I do not have to support them anymore. It is liberating knowing that I can go get a windows phone and try something new and take what I get and just keep it at that. Not have to defend, fight, trust when I should not, and support when they don't support me. I am excited.

After all, just like Thor would say - we had to stop somewhere so it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:33 AM
    It just hit me. I am the enabler in an abusive relationship. I must let BlackBerry hit bottom and work out of it on their own. They need to go to rehab.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:47 AM
    Just got off the phone with verizon tech he knew exactly where I was coming from and loved the Z. He told me the latest news he had said late June, obviously that aint happening. He also told me he knows some guys who receive information about this before both verizon reps and techs. He told me he will email these people and call me back to let me know what he has found. He also told me they work in the evenings so it may be tomorrow morning when he calls. HOPEFULLY somebody knows something, I'm sick and tired of hearing we don't know anything, it's BlackBerrys problem and it's being tested. We're MONTHS past that ish

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    crackfinder likes this.
    07-23-13 11:11 AM
283 ... 7891011 ...