07-27-13 03:09 PM
283 ... 56789 ...
tools
    But why should anyone have to install a leak?.... At this point you shouldn't HAVE to install a leak just to get the freaking phone working as it should have been on launch.

Aren't you supposed to be passed all that with BB10 and this new QNX based OS? Gone are the days of random reboots, and battery pulls and all that right? Your phone should work right out of the box right? Isn't thats why Thorstein said BB10 was delayed in the first place... they wanted to make sure it was "right"? Isnt BB10 supposed to be about delivering the most awesome user experience?

#FAIL

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using CB forums app
    07-13-13 11:21 AM
    Either BlackBerry or Verizon is dropping the ball big time. My business associate returned z10 for the s4 due to multiple reboots. I sold him hard to get the z10 in the 1st place. Now I'm eating crow. He said 5 other people were in the Verizon store returning z10s for reboot issue.its a big store so it's believable. I have z10 and q10 on t mobile US. The z10 barely reboots now after 10.1 update. I love the phones other then some glitches that I'm sure will be addressed in next few updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:02 PM
    I guess I could be more patient/understanding if there was just some transparent communication about this. Its just frustrating as %$#@! to me that neither BB nor VZW will just come out with an honest answer and explain what's happening. BB says its VZW, VZW says its BB, just have some integrity for !@#$% sake and just lay it out there. In most cases I don't feel like big corps have to tell consumers everything, but its ridiculous when its this widely known and everybody else has the update out. Idk, just seems like something smells bad . . . /rant/sry
    PamBorg likes this.
    07-13-13 02:29 PM
    Just thinking about it and trying to be impartial I feel like it must be something in Verizon's court . . .
    If its Verizon's issue Verizon certainly isn't going to admit it and BB isn't going to say anything and risk p!ss!ng off Verizon; hence everybody's mouth is shut. . .
    However if it were BB's fault I'm sure they wouldn't be eager to say so either but I don't think vzw would have any qualms about throwing BB under the bus . . .
    Whatever I guess . . just blowing off steam . . . carry on everyone . . .
    undone likes this.
    07-13-13 02:37 PM
    Just the fact that there are threads like this does not do much for BlackBerry and their future.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:39 PM
    No, the time dealing with which one is right, which is not, which one drops calls, which one lags, which one has best radio. But thanks for your sarcasm, I did pick up on it even though I am busy.

Posted via CB10
    Good natured sarcasm. No offense! The process is pretty easy though and the benefits are cool.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-13-13 05:19 PM
    Hopefully Kevin will be able to shed some meaningful information on the issue here this coming week. I share everyones disappointed and frustration here. Not getting the update is one thing, not getting straight answer is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    PamBorg and revtech like this.
    07-13-13 05:44 PM
    Good natured sarcasm. No offense! The process is pretty easy though and the benefits are cool.

Via Zeppelin 10

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:44 PM
    But why should anyone have to install a leak?.... At this point you shouldn't HAVE to install a leak just to get the freaking phone working as it should have been on launch.

Aren't you supposed to be passed all that with BB10 and this new QNX based OS? Gone are the days of random reboots, and battery pulls and all that right? Your phone should work right out of the box right? Isn't thats why Thorstein said BB10 was delayed in the first place... they wanted to make sure it was "right"? Isnt BB10 supposed to be about delivering the most awesome user experience?

#FAIL

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using CB forums app
    I agree that one should not have to deal with leaks, and I like the fact that Verizon is assuring that their release is bullet proof, but c'mon already. Release the Verizon 10.1 release.
    tmf06 likes this.
    07-13-13 06:40 PM
    Hopefully Kevin will be able to shed some meaningful information on the issue here this coming week. I share everyones disappointed and frustration here. Not getting the update is one thing, not getting straight answer is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's what I feel. . . . Is there any chance that verizon is just holding out till 10.2 is ready and then releasing that? Or doesn't that kind of thing happen?
    Last edited by revtech; 07-14-13 at 02:41 PM.
    07-14-13 02:11 PM
    Yeah, that's what I feel. . . . Is there any chance that verizon is just holding out till 10.2 is ready and then releasing that? Or doesn't that kind of thing happen?
    That would be a colossal win for Verizon.

Via Zeppelin 10
    habbyhippo likes this.
    07-14-13 06:03 PM
    Just download a leak it's very smooth. I'm so mad at Verizon I want every z10 owner to be on a leak of a higher software than their release

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-14-13 10:32 PM
    I think it all boils down to the radio stack. I read something that stated Verizon's LTE network isn't 'standard' with it implementation (freqs and such). Now if this is even remotely true, that makes this issue most likely unique to Verizon (cause lets face it, everyone else has released). Verizon can't man up and say its them, it would be egg all over there face and people would want money back. BB on the other hand just points to all the other vendors having released already. Best BB can do it work as hard as possible to get a fix. If Verizon was a GSM carrier this wouldn't be an issue.
    revtech likes this.
    07-15-13 08:27 AM
    I'm surprised no one brought up the issue during the stock holder meeting. I showed my coworker all the cool features on my Tmobile running 10.1. She was amazed and bought a Verizon Z10 to only find out that 10.1 is not available.
    On a different note, I did a quick demo of my Z10 to my Galaxy Note 2 owner friend and she absolutely impressed.

Post via CB Z10
    07-15-13 08:50 AM
    i've been running leaks for awhile... everything has bugs even the official OS's just gotta man up and do it
    07-15-13 09:10 AM
    I think it all boils down to the radio stack. I read something that stated Verizon's LTE network isn't 'standard' with it implementation (freqs and such). Now if this is even remotely true, that makes this issue most likely unique to Verizon (cause lets face it, everyone else has released). Verizon can't man up and say its them, it would be egg all over there face and people would want money back. BB on the other hand just points to all the other vendors having released already. Best BB can do it work as hard as possible to get a fix. If Verizon was a GSM carrier this wouldn't be an issue.
    That makes sense because I have tried the leaks and the radio seems to be the problem.. Most of the leaked OS' make my Z10 on Verizon really hot and battery life isn't that great. I honestly had the best battery life on the current Verizon OS. 10.0.9.422. So hopefully when Verizon does update, they will come out with a great solid OS!..

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    07-15-13 09:36 AM
    Finally . . someone with a reasonably educated response . . makes sense, thanks.
    07-15-13 10:05 AM
    That makes sense because I have tried the leaks and the radio seems to be the problem.. Most of the leaked OS' make my Z10 on Verizon really hot and battery life isn't that great. I honestly had the best battery life on the current Verizon OS. 10.0.9.422. So hopefully when Verizon does update, they will come out with a great solid OS!..

Posted via CB10
    . . . and hopefully it will be 10.2.x
    07-15-13 10:07 AM
    Last week when Thorsten Heins was addressing stockholders he stated we need to gain greater confidence in the US carriers. The reluctance of Verizon getting the 10.1 update to its customers may be the lack of a solid build on the part of BlackBerry. Releasing a build with bugs puts the carrier in harms way because they will have to deal initially with their unhappy and possibly irritated customers. Verizon may be hesitant in stating this so as to support BlackBerry. I believe the ball is in BlackBerry's court on this one based on Heins comment last week. I would be interested in what others think here?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:25 AM
    Yeah - I agree and it does make sense. The problem seems really bad (in terms of poor battery life) when there is a lot of contention like at a stadium sporting event with 10's of thousands of people. I know that's often bad anyway, but seems ridiculously bad with leaked OS/radio files.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:17 PM
    The reluctance of Verizon getting the 10.1 update to its customers may be the lack of a solid build on the part of BlackBerry. Releasing a build with bugs puts the carrier in harms way because they will have to deal initially with their unhappy and possibly irritated customers.
    Understood, but...does anyone really think that customers could possibly be MORE unhappy and irritated than they already are? Surely whatever version of the update they're sitting on addresses at least SOME of the issues in 10.0.9. Those issues, plus the lack of action on Verizon's part to address them, are surely generating a flood of phone calls, and causing users to want to leave for another carrier.

In other words, how much worse could it be? At least, they could say they were responding to customers requests.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-16-13 09:33 AM
    The question I have then, if it is a radio problem and needing a fix - how is it that Verizon has released the Q-10 with 10.1----? The issue would be the same would it not? You see Verizon would have no say in which release the Q10 would have. If it works for the Q it should work for the Z. This then puts the blame back with Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    The Aficionado likes this.
    07-16-13 10:35 AM
    I do not believe it is a radio problem. BlackBerry knows the radio codes for Verizon. I believe the 10.1 build offered by BlackBerry to Verizon is not solid enough and until BlackBerry fixes it, it's not going to hit their network. As a Verizon user, we do business directly with them. As users of BlackBerry phones on Version's network, we are not doing business directly with BlackBerry. So as I see it. We must continue to express our dissatisfaction to Verizon to push BlackBerry to get the 10.1 build fixed.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:28 AM
    I do not believe it is a radio problem. BlackBerry knows the radio codes for Verizon. I believe the 10.1 build offered by BlackBerry to Verizon is not solid enough and until BlackBerry fixes it, it's not going to hit their network. As a Verizon user, we do business directly with them. As users of BlackBerry phones on Version's network, we are not doing business directly with BlackBerry. So as I see it. We must continue to express our dissatisfaction to Verizon to push BlackBerry to get the 10.1 build fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Having installed a leak, I saw my calls drop and when the calls where working, it was terrible voice quality, stock os has none of these problems. Just look at the leak installer threads, they all end up playing with various radio stacks to get a more stable call quality.

Plus I wouldn't put it past Verizon to look to monetize something on the device and there crapware isn't working, so they reject the builds. ATT for the longest time blocked BlackBerry Bridge on there branded phones just because they couldn't capitalize on it, they wanted you to pay the extra $10-$15 bucks for tethering.
    07-17-13 09:02 AM
    how can that be? the q10 running 10.1 on Verizon is perfectly fine, in terms of call quality....
    07-17-13 10:34 AM
283 ... 56789 ...