07-27-13 03:09 PM
283 ... 45678 ...
tools
    On the blackberry support community channel they just posted
    If you've been unable to upgrade to OS 10.1 because your mobile provider has not yet released it (think Verizon and AT&T in the USA) you can always use an 'autoloader' file to do so. The process is fairly simple and straightforward, and I've posted a step-by-step how-to in the forums...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...66747#U2466747

^js

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    eninrebmun and crackfinder like this.
    07-08-13 12:55 PM
    On the blackberry support community channel they just posted
    If you've been unable to upgrade to OS 10.1 because your mobile provider has not yet released it (think Verizon and AT&T in the USA) you can always use an 'autoloader' file to do so. The process is fairly simple and straightforward, and I've posted a step-by-step how-to in the forums...

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

^js

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    For what it's worth, 2354 has been an outstanding OS. I ran it for a long time, only switching out for 10.1.0.4543 Saturday. Glad to see more exposure so that people can take matters in to their own hands. BlackBerry is getting screwed by US carriers (well, two of them at least).

Sadly, most consumers won't ever see these. They rely solely on their carrier for support, and that gives BlackBerry a really bad name. They will tell their friends, etc. When really it's just one simple update to make these issues go away.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 07-08-13 at 04:21 PM. Reason: "BlackBerry is getting screwed by US carriers" should add "and their customers"
    .giggz. likes this.
    07-08-13 01:37 PM
    For what it's worth, 2354 has been an outstanding OS. I ran it for a long time, only switching out for 10.1.0.4543 Saturday. Glad to see more exposure so that people can take matters in to their own hands. BlackBerry is getting screwed by US carriers (well, two of them at least).

Sadly, most consumers won't ever see these. They rely solely on their carrier for support, and that gives BlackBerry a really bad name. They will tell their friends, etc. When really it's just one simple update to make these issues go away.
    So 2354 does not void the warranty. Thought so.

It is a good build. Not great but good as it cures the reboots and allows downloading of more apps.

I do find that dropped calls on the 004s is an issue with 2354 though

This should be on the front page of CB like right now!

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-08-13 05:36 PM

It is a good build. Not great but good as it cures the reboots and allows downloading of more apps.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Not totally sure you are correct about the warranty. I was on the phone with BlackBerry about another issue and she proceeded to tell me I was running a non approved version of software on my phone ( 4537 ) and that my warranty was void as long as I was running it. Just food for thought and a heads up as it is very easy to downgrade back to the stock OS. She did indicate that by going back to a carrier approved version the warranty would be back in play.
    07-08-13 09:52 PM
    Just called VZW and ask for update again. BlackBerry and Verizon are working on a problem with it. Ask for a credit and got a 50% credit on my data package for the last two months and a credit for next month if the update is not out. Verizon is doing more than BlackBerry has done.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:21 AM
    Just called Verizon and got a $50 credit on my bill for next month. At first they only offered a $20 "Inconvenience " credit. I said that was not good enough. She put me on hold and talked to her supervisor and came back with $50. My account was noted a few months ago with outgoing email problems so they knew I was having problems. Give them a call its worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:17 AM
    Bet that is all being sent right to BBRY to reimburse
    07-12-13 10:27 AM
    I hope so. Money should get their attention.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:12 AM

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Is this better than the latest leaks?
    Fulano De Tal likes this.
    07-12-13 03:02 PM
    In my experience with the latest leaks, they have had a few bugs and for some reason it makes the back of my phone really hot! Like when on call the back of my Z10 feels like it's on fire! 2354 has worked great for me! Lacks a few features like "simple password" but it is a solid OS!
    07-12-13 04:11 PM
    Verizon 10.1 update available? http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...structions.pdf
    Last edited by BBGeek1; 07-12-13 at 06:49 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-12-13 06:24 PM
    How do I downgrade to the Official from 4543?
    07-12-13 06:25 PM
    It is not available. Those instructions do not work if update is not there.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:50 PM
    ok sorry. I'm on leak so I couldn't check via device.
    07-12-13 06:58 PM
    In my experience with the latest leaks, they have had a few bugs and for some reason it makes the back of my phone really hot! Like when on call the back of my Z10 feels like it's on fire! 2354 has worked great for me! Lacks a few features like "simple password" but it is a solid OS!
    Stock radio file or 1881? I was going to load 2354 but wasn't sure about the radio file with Verizon.
    Last edited by BBGeek1; 07-12-13 at 07:25 PM.
    07-12-13 07:03 PM
    Stock radio file or 1881? I was going to load 2354 but wasn't sure about the radio file with Verizon.
    1881 works best for the radio file! The stock one isn't good on battery life.. 1881works the best in most people's experiences with it. No dropped calls and good battery life!
    jamesharmeling and BBGeek1 like this.
    07-12-13 07:30 PM
    I've been wanting to get a vzw z10, should this issue concern me? I mean, I can be patient but is there a chance they may just drop it altogether? Also, I'm not impressed with some of whatI've experienced in store, but I'm guessing the updates will smooth things out?
    07-12-13 08:56 PM
    1881 works best for the radio file! The stock one isn't good on battery life.. 1881works the best in most people's experiences with it. No dropped calls and good battery life!
    Cool, great. I think I will load this one as I want to try a different one. Thanks!
    07-12-13 09:05 PM
    I've been wanting to get a vzw z10, should this issue concern me? I mean, I can be patient but is there a chance they may just drop it altogether? Also, I'm not impressed with some of whatI've experienced in store, but I'm guessing the updates will smooth things out?
    Just the fact you have to ask that question is sad for BlackBerry. I am on Verizon and making the best of it. They truly do have the best coverage. BlackBerry just needs to push them on the updates. I guess you could go the leak route like others.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    07-12-13 09:12 PM
    Just the fact you have to ask that question is sad for BlackBerry. I am on Verizon and making the best of it. They truly do have the best coverage. BlackBerry just needs to push them on the updates. I guess you could go the leak route like others.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I've been reading alot on the leak threads, seems like its not for daily drivers? Or is that only the real fresh leaks?
    07-12-13 09:19 PM
    I don't do leaks. Don't have time to deal with all of that.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't blame you. It's hard to find 30 minutes out of a busy life to sit down and load a leak.... . O_o
    jaydee5799 and pili4 like this.
    07-13-13 05:56 AM
    I don't blame you. It's hard to find 30 minutes out of a busy life to sit down and load a leak.... . O_o
    No, the time dealing with which one is right, which is not, which one drops calls, which one lags, which one has best radio. But thanks for your sarcasm, I did pick up on it even though I am busy.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and pili4 like this.
    07-13-13 10:01 AM
    FWIW I'm on the .2354 leak and I'm happy. Phone hasn't rebooted at all and has been pretty stable. Been reading the threads of newer leaks but haven't wanted to deal with redoing everything again (I start from scratch each time aside from restoring "Settings " via BlackBerry Link). Plus I really am happy with my Z10 now so there's nothing pushing me to load another leak. Sucks that we have to go the leak route but it is nice that we have the option.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Only takes the same amount of time to load a leak as it does to load an official. To fail to take this step, though Verizon should not be so reticent to release the OS update that is desperately needed by its consumers, is to condemn oneself to sit in a pool of misery. Kind of like a baby that doesn't want you to change it's messy diaper. It stinks, it is uncomfortable, but the child refuses to do what will make it feel better.

It really is pretty safe and easy to install a leak. I am on 10.1.0.4537 and couldn't be happier. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the ability to remotely access files on my computer. I am not sure if that is a glitch in the leak or if it is a problem with Link or something else entirely.

Install a leak. You will be glad you did.
    07-13-13 10:42 AM
283 ... 45678 ...