07-27-13 03:09 PM
283 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Blackberry rep was not helpful. She tried to get me the update via Link, website, and phone. None would work and she did not understand why. She said everyone on Verizon has the update so my phone must have a problem. I said nobody has the update yet and she said to give her 24 hours to figure it out. She said Verizon should have updated our phones already. I told them they said the same thing about Blackberry. She believes something is wrong since they do not know what update Verizon users should be seeing. WOW. Done for now. Hope I did not wear everyone out with this, but we all need to know the fiasco these two companies are creating.
    k3cub likes this.
    06-29-13 11:04 AM
    Blackberry rep was not helpful. She tried to get me the update via Link, website, and phone. None would work and she did not understand why. She said everyone on Verizon has the update so my phone must have a problem. I said nobody has the update yet and she said to give her 24 hours to figure it out. She said Verizon should have updated our phones already. I told them they said the same thing about Blackberry. She believes something is wrong since they do not know what update Verizon users should be seeing. WOW. Done for now. Hope I did not wear everyone out with this, but we all need to know the fiasco these two companies are creating.
    Incredible
    06-29-13 11:27 AM
    Not sure if anyone has posted this link but this should clear up any question regarding why VZW is so slow at releasing updates - it's not BlackBerry's fault - Frustrated with Verizon's smartphone lineup? You're not alone | Mobile - CNET News
    eninrebmun likes this.
    06-30-13 02:48 PM
    Not sure if anyone has posted this link but this should clear up any question regarding why VZW is so slow at releasing updates - it's not BlackBerry's fault - Frustrated with Verizon's smartphone lineup? You're not alone | Mobile - CNET News
    Nice article.

I made the mistake of going in to the comments section looking for the inevitable BlackBerry bash. Saw a nice one from a guy who said BlackBerry 10 has already been "completely hacked". Grrrr. I think I schooled him, but who cares; he gave IE a 5 star review calling it "top banana" so I'll just take his opinion regarding security with a gigantic grain of salt.

Sorry to go off-topic.
    06-30-13 03:35 PM
    Just an FYI. BlackBerry said they would call me back in 24 hours with a solution. Another BlackBerry fail. Never heard back from them. Maybe they are using a Verizon phone that is needing an update and they are not sure what version to use.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:24 AM
    Just chatted with Verizon tech and they pulled it to fix it. What ever that means and no eta.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:15 PM
    When the the rest of the world is on 10.3 Then and only then will it be time for Big Red to release 10.1
    07-01-13 06:13 PM
    Based on stock price comparisons, I would say all of this is BlackBerry's problem and not Verizon's.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:19 PM
    Spoke to Verizon and they said BlackBerry is withholding the update. They forwarded me to BlackBerry. I ask the rep why I did not receive my call back within 24 hours. He said they have received so many calls from Verizon that the supervisors said to not call anyone back and to just take the calls that are stacking up. He said the update is still in development and they are hoping to release it at the end of the week. He apologized for treating me like this. I told him they are hard to believe. He said he fully understands. He sounded like he was ready to apply for a job somewhere else. BlackBerry in my opinion is done. The fat lady has sung. I truly can't believe any company is ran this poorly.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:35 PM
    I am quickly starting to smell the same rat. Seems like the wheels are starting to fall off the cart for BlackBerry. I am beginning to believe we may never see this update! I hope I am wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:28 PM
    Based on stock price comparisons, I would say all of this is BlackBerry's problem and not Verizon's.

Posted via CB10
    Based on me and loads of others running 10.1 for several weeks now with no problems (only improvements), I'd say Verizon is holding up the show.
    azredryder likes this.
    07-02-13 09:02 AM
    Based on me and loads of others running 10.1 for several weeks now with no problems (only improvements), I'd say Verizon is holding up the show.
    Looks like BlackBerry took it back to the drawing board.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:26 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry took it back to the drawing board.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon seems to be the only carrier having this problem. The rest of the world has been running happily on 10.1 for some time now. If you're getting all your information from random support monkeys at Verizon, it is no wonder you think BlackBerry is the one holding things up.

Doesn't matter to me. I take matters in to my own hands and run whatever version I please. And my Z10 is solid as a rock. The first 2-3 pages of this thread have information for those who wish to improve their Z10 without Verizon getting in the way, and I've posted plenty already, so I am done in this thread.
    07-02-13 12:30 PM
    BlackBerry released it. VZ is rolling it out to market by market and seeing reactions. Releasing to all is risky. Also. 10.1 runs on the q10 that verizon now sells. In 3-4 weeks, everyone will get the ota 10.1 update. You can quote me on that

Posted via my awesome Z10
    07-02-13 01:23 PM
    Just got a call back from BlackBerry concerning Saturday call they did not return. They said Verizon had no eta on releasing the 10.1update and I have the most recent version according to Verizon. I am just releasing what I am told so please don't beat me up here by the way. Just reporting what they are saying, but getting more confused each day by the story changes. It is kind of comical.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:58 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to post this update. All I can say at this time is "As the BlackBerry Bottle Turns"?!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:14 PM
    Just got a call back from BlackBerry concerning Saturday call they did not return. They said Verizon had no eta on releasing the 10.1update and I have the most recent version according to Verizon. I am just releasing what I am told so please don't beat me up here by the way. Just reporting what they are saying, but getting more confused each day by the story changes. It is kind of comical.

Posted via CB10
    You got someone who is not honest or uninformed.

They have a couple of release candidates. They sent the best one back to BlackBerry to fix two unnamed issues. Dropped calls may be one.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-03-13 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry released it. VZ is rolling it out to market by market and seeing reactions. Releasing to all is risky. Also. 10.1 runs on the q10 that verizon now sells. In 3-4 weeks, everyone will get the ota 10.1 update. You can quote me on that

Posted via my awesome Z10
    Quoted. When?
    07-03-13 07:50 AM
    Spoke to Verizon and they said BlackBerry is withholding the update. They forwarded me to BlackBerry. I ask the rep why I did not receive my call back within 24 hours. He said they have received so many calls from Verizon that the supervisors said to not call anyone back and to just take the calls that are stacking up. He said the update is still in development and they are hoping to release it at the end of the week. He apologized for treating me like this. I told him they are hard to believe. He said he fully understands. He sounded like he was ready to apply for a job somewhere else. BlackBerry in my opinion is done. The fat lady has sung. I truly can't believe any company is ran this poorly.

Posted via CB10
    They've received so many calls so the supervisor recommends not calling any of them back...... Way to treat your customers. And they wonder why they're losing customers. I love my z10 but this must be the most poorly run company in tech today. They don't have long to survive at the rate they're going, imo.
    07-04-13 02:14 PM
    More food for thought. Here is an abstract from this excellent article;

BlackBerry has a superior device and technology thatnobody knows aboutand that is beingintentionally crippledby two of the largest US cell companies who arenotreleasing software updates that resolve the known issues and add critical features.

They either kick those firms in the balls, right here and nowand in publicor they may as well close their offices and go home.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/finance...to-get-serious

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    07-05-13 02:47 PM

BlackBerry has a superior device and technology thatnobody knows aboutand that is beingintentionally crippledby two of the largest US cell companies who arenotreleasing software updates that resolve the known issues and add critical features.

They either kick those firms in the balls, right here and nowand in publicor they may as well close their offices and go home.

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): Blackberry Annual Meeting: Time To Get Serious | iStockAnalyst.com

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree with this article as it states what I have been saying for some time. But for some reason BBRY is reluctant to step up and promote the key features of the phone over and above some floating person being passed overhead. Only once did I see a commercial on the Q10 so, where is Alicia Keys, where are the adds that show what the phone can do? Why can't they (BBRY) put the pressure on the carriers to release the updates and if not bypass them and let's move on. Who is running THIS SHIP!!!!?????!!!!
    07-05-13 03:10 PM

http://www.istockanalyst.com/finance...to-get-serious

Posted via CB10
    Excellent article. Nobody could say it better. BlackBerry had better listen to this advice. I do not know anyone in the US that is using a BB10 device other than me. When I show them my Z10, they are amazed. There has been no marketing at all and no push by BlackBerry to the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:29 PM
    I knew you would way in Fly, thanks and let's keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:52 PM
    Called Verizon again right now and I am on hold while they call BlackBerry to find out what is going on. Verizon shows most recent update is March 27. She says my phone should not have problems since it is new. I have a voice mail that will not go away unless phone is wiped. Emails keep disappearing. Rebooting. And all the other issues that honest people will admit to.

Each time I call I listen to Iphone and mini iPad advertisements while on hold.

Still on hold for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry says that Verizon software had a text messaging problem so it was pulled. He said no one is going to release a date since everyone will complain if the do not hit it. He said the update could come anytime from now till whenever. Again, this is hurting BlackBerry. It is making me irritated at Verizon, but for me and where I travel, they have the best coverage. So ultimately, I may get rid of the phone if this continues which as I have said so many times will hurt BlackBerry only. I am pulling for BlackBerry but I think I care more than they do.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:02 AM
283 ... 34567 ...