07-27-13 04:09 PM
283 ... 89101112
tools
    I chatted again today and gail told me not to ever call back or I would be terminated and charged etf. I got feeling we will be waiting months yet. That's my opinion though.
    They don't know anything.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:21 PM
    I also told the Verizon tech guy that 10.2 will probably be out before we get 10.1 and he says they might very well be doing that.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-23-13 02:01 PM
    It seems like everyone who talks to Verizon gets different answers. Any one get that feeling too?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:03 PM
    They are shipping my new windows phone to my house so I can return the Z10. So no new stories for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:58 PM
    Thanks fly for your effort. My gf has been waiting for sprint to get the q10 but after your post I told her to get an S4 and hope BBM comes to that platform soon.
    What a bummer. I was so excited re BlackBerry but they have really dropped the ball. RIP BBRY

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:51 PM
    Thanks fly for your effort. My gf has been waiting for sprint to get the q10 but after your post I told her to get an S4 and hope BBM comes to that platform soon.
    What a bummer. I was so excited re BlackBerry but they have really dropped the ball. RIP BBRY

Posted via CB10
    In fairness...blackberry could not force sprint to take on the q10 quicker. I realize blackberry has dropped the ball on many things but these situations are fully on the carrier. Especially Verizon who has approved 10.1 and is offering it on the q10 already. I understand everyone's frustration but this whole thing smells of sabotage in my opinion.

Posted via Z10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-23-13 07:10 PM
    I must say that just thinking about getting this BlackBerry burden off my back is rejuvenating. I feel free that I do not have to support them anymore. It is liberating knowing that I can go get a windows phone and try something new and take what I get and just keep it at that. Not have to defend, fight, trust when I should not, and support when they don't support me. I am excited.

After all, just like Thor would say - we had to stop somewhere so it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    Let's just hope you are not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. LOL.

Post via CB Z10
    07-23-13 08:30 PM
    I honestly think the 10.1 that Verizon was supposed to come out with was outdated since it took so long to debut, so they gave it back and made BlackBerry come up with a new update that was more current. So I think when Verizon does finally push an update for the Z10, it will be the greatest one yet! Just my opinion.

This has seriously been ridiculous waiting for this update and Verizon has to make up for it..
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-23-13 08:34 PM
    What is their customer support email?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:10 PM
    Verizon is playing games...
    Once again BlackBerry takes a back seat to the other manufacturers.
    I find it hard to believe we can place blame on BlackBerry when other providers have released OS updates.
    Is Verizon in bed with one of the manufacturers?
    "Let's drag out this OS release and reduce market share for BB"

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:32 PM
    And the Band Played on!

Leak Baby Leak!
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-23-13 10:09 PM
    I honestly think the 10.1 that Verizon was supposed to come out with was outdated since it took so long to debut, so they gave it back and made BlackBerry come up with a new update that was more current. So I think when Verizon does finally push an update for the Z10, it will be the greatest one yet! Just my opinion.

This has seriously been ridiculous waiting for this update and Verizon has to make up for it..
    You sure are an optimistic sonovagun. I hope you're right.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    07-23-13 10:18 PM
    So far three candidates have been sent to Verizon for testing (that I've heard of). Issues presented themselves and BlackBerry is working to fix the issues.
    Updates were pushed then pulled.

BlackBerry needs to get coding that works on the CDMA side of things too.

Blame Verizon for selling a phone that has issues. Blame BlackBerry for building it that way and for being so bad at testing it's software and slow with support.

But yes, the whole thing stinks.

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    07-23-13 10:23 PM
    Fly_branch: send that new windows phone back. Stay with your family here. I am beginning to sense things are going to get better shortly here. Go the leak route to bide time if you are so compelled to have the latest and greatest. Or just wait just a little bit longer. Life won't be the same without you.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:37 AM
    I will still be around. I will just be saying how VZW does not update the windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-24-13 08:45 AM
    I'm currently starting the process of installing 10.1.0.4651 right now, waiting on it to finish downloading while I post this.

I've decided waiting for Verizon is the wrong thing to do and this version appears to be very solid while adding what I need that 10.0 is missing.

I sure hope I don't regret spending my day off doing this. LOL

I'll report back later with any notable findings.

Wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:33 AM
    BlackBerry Brian: wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how you make out on this upgrade.

PS: FLY-the devil that you know may be better than than the one you don't know.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:53 AM
    BlackBerry Brian: wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how you make out on this upgrade.
    So glad I did it so far, wow what an improvement in so many ways!!!!
    I have a feeling this is just going to get better and better the more time I spend with it.

Everything so far is improved, the speaker even sounds a LOT better for all of my custom message tones and music as well. The pop up predictive words on the keyboard are larger too, which was greatly needed. TONS more global settings in the phone that should have never been missing to begin with IMO.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things and will discover more over the next few days, but first impression, I'm happy! I can finally set different tones for each of my many email accounts as I have done for many years on all of my other BlackBerry phones and was the SOLE reason for loading the leak, second being the lack of app support on 10.0 third being random weird issues I'm hopeful will be solved with this.

Bottom line is this...
    While I can't speak for long term battery life or overall call performance yet, if you are stuck on the stock 10.0 and need features that this 10.1.0.4651 has that you are tired of being without, spend the time to load this leak, you will be glad you did.
    If you decide to wait on Verizon, may the force be with you...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:05 PM
    Fly: stay with the family brother!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:55 PM
    Fly: stay with the family brother!

Posted via CB10
    What he said! The small amount of trouble to install the leak I did is small beans compared to completely changing platforms and will fix your issues!

Posted via CB10 on Z10 running OS 10.1.0.4651
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-24-13 02:23 PM
    Thanks BlackBerry Brian. Fly, take heart from Brian. More importantly, it appears Verizon is officially releasing 10.1 on Friday. Check the most recent forums for this information. We around here can't live without you Fly.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:29 PM
    Thanks BlackBerry Brian. Fly, take heart from Brian. More importantly, it appears Verizon is officially releasing 10.1 on Friday. Check the most recent forums for this information. We around here can't live without you Fly.

Posted via CB10
    A Friday release..............based on WHAT??????
    07-24-13 03:23 PM
    Cobra: look up the "Latest" forums you will find your answer there.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:28 PM
    Stayed as long as I could, still have two 9930's in the house and a PlayBook. I truly feel that I am getting out while the getting is good. I think the cross platform BBM is going to actually hurt BlackBerry in the long run.

Also, I fly every week, and most passengers used to be using BlackBerry and everybody in First Class was. Now I am normally the only one in first class using a BlackBerry.

Went to Verizon store in our town today. Rep told me he sold 2 Z10's and mine was one of them. The other was returned last week. He said he does not try to steer anyone away from them but nobody wants one anyways.

It still bums me out, but they need to get their act together before I can support the new OS. I do not have the time for it, nor can I afford to have the problems. I live on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:58 PM
    I just called tiffany at Verizon said she sees nothing about an update. Bull**** continues

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-24-13 06:45 PM
283 ... 89101112