02-12-15 08:08 PM
116 ... 345
tools
    Hm. Well, I bought a Q10 the very first day I could through Verizon, and Big Red says I'm now eligible for an upgrade. As before, when I went from the Bold 9930 to the Q10, my upgrade eligibility is starting four months early. I'm ready for a Classic. Every so often I get pretty darn annoyed not having a trackpad. I want that back. I also will certainly welcome the slightly larger screen.

Ask VZW if you can upgrade early. I helped a family member put in such a request last year. Big Red said yes and delivered the goods.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I may do just that. I can't see them having an issue with it. Especially if I bring up the known issues I've had with the Q10 including overheating and double typing. Back when I had the Tour and the trackball was a known issue, they gave me an early upgrade to the first Bold.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 02:20 PM
    Couple things. The FCC mandate does not require GSM phones to add CDMA bands/radios. This can be easily found by looking at the FCC certs for phones that have recently been certified. It does force some level of interoperability with LTE GSM bands. For example I can take an Verizon LG G2 and most any flagship Verizon phone within the last year or so and use it on AT&T and Tmob with some changes in APN settings if switching sims doesn't automatically do it. Doesn't mean I'll be able to take a Passport2 and use it on Verizon CDMA, vLTE should be compatible however in the future when it becomes widely used.

Iphone 6/Plus isn't the only phone that contains CDMA band capability. The Nexus 6 also does so it can be used on all the major US networks today.

The thought of carrier stores going away is fanciful at best in the near term. Whoever you were speaking to was just blowing smoke. Phone makers don't want the expense of B&M stores and if that came about only Apple, Samsung and Microsoft could afford it.
    I was aware of the Nexus capability and am also quite skeptical of what I was told. However, there were many points in the conversation with the senior advisor that did make sense but didn't or wouldn't translate well in text.

Q10 on VZW for now?
    02-09-15 03:09 PM
    Just spoke to vzw rep on phone she tells me classic available. Dec. 2015. She tells me info available on vzw website

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 02:41 PM
    Just spoke to vzw rep on phone she tells me classic available. Dec. 2015. She tells me info available on vzw website

Posted via CB10
    Something lost in translation.
    02-10-15 02:59 PM
    Translation. The blackberry classic will Be available at the end 2015.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:11 PM
    Translation. The blackberry classic will Be available at the end 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Well that makes no sense as BB isn't manufacturing any other affordable PK device, the existing stock is in channel to be sold. If Verizon is going to take that long to sell a Q10/Bold replacement, the better bet is that Classic doesn't come at all.
    02-10-15 03:48 PM
    Agree. Don't you Guys think blackberry is at fault to. they have to Bare some of the responsibility on the phones not being available on all carriers how come we haven't herd anything from chen on this matter. ? ? ?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 05:27 PM
    Agree. Don't you Guys think blackberry is at fault to. they have to Bare some of the responsibility on the phones not being available on all carriers how come we haven't herd anything from chen on this matter. ? ? ?

Posted via CB10
    Wow, your English needs help.

Considering that BlackBerry has been able to launch the Classic in quite a few different countries now, I'd say the holdup is most definitely with Verizon and AT&T. They haven't even announced when they're going to sell the device.
    02-11-15 04:06 AM
    My English needs improvement fine I agree. But going back to the issue at hand you can't tell me that chen couldn't have worked out some kind of a deal with verizon to have the classic working on their network. There's something we don't know about.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:20 AM
    There is something they are not telling us..... I'm really need this phone.....

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 12:18 PM
    Could you post a link to the post on the Verizon website about BlackBerry Classic being released in December 2015? I just searched the site and couldn't find it.
    02-11-15 10:41 PM
    Article on Crackberry today says Feb 26th release on Verizon

Posted via CB10
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    02-12-15 05:32 PM
    02-12-15 05:45 PM
    02-12-15 05:48 PM
    Just waiting on how it will arrive. Appears all channels, but could always be online or phone only. I'd actually rather not have to walk in to those corporate morons. Only question I have is if I use BlackBerry Link to transfer data, etc will there be an issue because The Classic is running 10.3.1 and I'm still on VZW's 10.2.1?

Q10 on VZW for now?
    02-12-15 06:08 PM
    It will probably be online and link is 100% your best option to migrate everything from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    02-12-15 08:08 PM
116 ... 345