02-12-15 09:08 PM
116 ... 2345
tools
    The $150 port credit for switching to Verizon if you sign up under the edge program is slated to end on January 31st, so I am hoping the classic is release before then.
    I am sure they will have some offer during the time the classic comes out. I don't think Verizon is going to say "we have too many customers" any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 09:09 PM
    So I got a z30 today and so far I don't notice too much of a difference from the z10. Here is hoping for long battery though.

I wonder if people going from the z10 to the classic will have the same reaction. I wonder if Verizon is concerned with the complaints of the z10 and are slowing down the classic because of it.
    I noticed a lot of significant difference from my z10 to my z30. Z30 is better in many ways although I did like my z10. It's why my kids are still using it and I got my mother using one earlier this month. She wanted the z30 but didn't want to pay the extra money to get it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:05 PM
    I noticed a lot of significant difference from my z10 to my z30. Z30 is better in many ways although I did like my z10. It's why my kids are still using it and I got my mother using one earlier this month. She wanted the z30 but didn't want to pay the extra money to get it.

Posted via CB10
    I am appreciating my z30 now more, but it is just slightly too large and I am still having some issues with it. However the qi charging feature is a major improvement that might be enough to " sell" it.

You think Verizon Classic will roll with qi?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:07 PM
    I've stuck with BlackBerry. I've supported BlackBerry even after my 3rd Storm crapped out. I switched to the Z10 and it's been pretty good. However, with no Passport coming to Verizon, no Classic in the near future, no software update and apps from Amazon crashing if they open at all....I think I may be done.

Posted via CB10
    If you had the patience to work through 3 Storms, BlackBerry should put you on its customer wall of fame. That was a truly atrocious phone. Now that so many are waiting for the classic, it makes me wonder what they were thinking ever dropping the functionality of the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:17 AM
    I just Googled and found this in the Verizon forums. Can anybody vouch for it?

BB Classic will be released Feb 5th, 2015!!!!

NRHayatt Jan 21, 2015 2:38 PM
    Just chatted with Verizon Sales and they advised me that the BB Classic will be released Feb 5th, 2015!!!
    01-27-15 05:53 PM
    I just Googled and found this in the Verizon forums. Can anybody vouch for it?

BB Classic will be released Feb 5th, 2015!!!!

NRHayatt Jan 21, 2015 2:38 PM
    Just chatted with Verizon Sales and they advised me that the BB Classic will be released Feb 5th, 2015!!!
    If you'll look below that comment by NRHayatt, you'll find mine where I chatted Verizon Sales to see if was true and they said they had no info. Have tried twice since then and Verizon Sales still has no info.
    01-27-15 05:58 PM
    I did not see that. Thanks. I am also seeing what I can confirm elsewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-27-15 07:11 PM
    I exchanged Twitter messages last night with a Verizon rep and talked to sales today. Neither would confirm a 2-5-15 Classic release date. Anybody else hearing anything definitive?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    01-28-15 05:28 PM
    I exchanged Twitter messages last night with a Verizon rep and talked to sales today. Neither would confirm a 2-5-15 Classic release date. Anybody else hearing anything definitive?

Don't know about the classic but on 2-5-15 the fees are going up:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veriz...t-week_id65314

#tiredoftypingonglass
    01-28-15 05:43 PM
    The fee change is minimal.

The Classic timing is the pre-eminent question.

Alternative opinions?

01-28-15 07:57 PM
    Come on VZN. Give us a hint already.
    01-30-15 07:32 PM
    Still waiting......

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:51 PM
    So ridiculous.
    blckberry4life likes this.
    02-03-15 09:19 PM
    Well, the 5th has come and gone and not even one more BS rumor released...C'mon already. Maybe if an actual release date was provided it would provide cheap marketing.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:28 PM
    This is sad

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:28 PM
    So here's a fact for the future that will clean this entire mess of waiting up. Most people are aware that as of February 11th all carriers are required to unlock there phones for current customers with paid off phones whose contracts are up. New customers or prior customer will need to pay a small fee.

What some people missed is that the government also imposed that all phones created for use in the US must be manufactured to work with ALL carriers. Meaning they must run on all 4G LTE bands and be dual SIM. For clarification I discussed this with Verizon they basically told me within months, retails will no longer SELL devices. They will have devices for show and be there to promote their service only.

All phones will sold directly through manufacturers either by financing or full retail and both ways SIM free. You can then choose which carrier because all phones starting in February need to be made compatible for all US Carriers (VZW, AT&T, T-Mo, Sprint, and US Cellular). So an example would be that there will absolutely be a compatible Passport for Verizon in the months to come. Currently the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are the only devices that as of February can be unlocked and work on both CDMA and GSM networks/carriers.

I actually believe this is good for BlackBerry as doing away carrier sales reps will allow for more BlackBerry users to not get steered away because a device isn't available in store. You'll buy from BlackBerry, pick your carrier and walk in and get a SIM and plan. If you finance the phone its through the manufacture so you're never tied to the carrier.

Again this is simply what I was told. The rep believed you will begin to see less and less stores at all and more stores like Apple. You'll see Samsung stores, BlackBerry stores, and stores with multiple types of phones.

Can't Live Without a Keyboard! Q10 on VZW
    02-08-15 01:20 AM
    I did a quick google search about what CrackedRosco was talking about above, and it seems that only applies to prepaid phones.
    Also, Sprint has been advertising that they will unlock any of their phones for you.

Edit: okay, it seems I was actually incorrect too. Here's an article I found - http://consumerist.com/2013/12/12/wi...he-right-ones/
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-08-15 01:38 AM
    I did a quick google search about what CrackedRosco was talking about above, and it seems that only applies to prepaid phones.
    Also, Sprint has been advertising that they will unlock any of their phones for you.

Edit: okay, it seems I was actually incorrect too. Here's an article I found - http://consumerist.com/2013/12/12/wi...he-right-ones/
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with the article, but that's not the point I was making and the article only discusses unlocking. Unlocking a Verizon phone currently does you know good if you want to go to a GSM network with the phone. Just the same, unlocking an AT&T device doesn't help if you want to go to Verizon. That's where the government has stepped in and taken back 3G and required all US Carriers to be at 4G LTE by a certain date and offer the ability for all devices to run on all carriers. No more exclusives, etc. In fact you can read up on Verizon being fined because they didn't make the full transition to 4G LTE in line with the FCC request because they thought they'd have rolled out VoLTE by now which they have the patent on the technology. Lastly, the article does not discuss perhaps the most likely scenario which is devices purchased outright for full retail from the manufacturer. In these instances they will come unlocked and be able to run on any US network with the right SIM. No more ShopBlackBerry saying this GSM model only and will not work on Verizon, etc. Of course this may take time to adopt but is ultimately part of the inacted law and will be mandated.

02-08-15 05:55 AM
    My question right now is when is the blackberry classic. Coming out on big red

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:52 AM
    My question right now is when is the blackberry classic. Coming out on big red

Posted via CB10
    That is the big question! Now I HOPE, the following does not occur. AT&T released a message about their Passport release stating it would be supplied through "Business Channels" and "may eventually reach consumer channels". They failed to mention their intent with the Classic. It seems nobody is speaking.

My fear would be that from an inventory and risk of production perspective BlackBerry only creates enough initially for the business sector as they have repeatedly said the "target" is enterprise. Thus, it only seems right they would create enough inventory to be readily available to move BBOS7 users on Enterprise up to BlackBerry 10 with Classics.

If it's an initial current business unit switch strategy it could be a long time before consumers see this device. That said, Verizon was clear that "The Classic Will be Available in Early 2015" and every rep I speak with on the phone or online is aware of the device, but says they have zero information. I did speak with one tech rep on the phone who said they had a Z10 as a tester a month before VZW launch but wasn't aware of anyone with a Classic yet. Still hopeful it's buy the end of March and is at the very least direct to fulfillment for consumers like the Z30.

However, I think BlackBerry would be crazy to not put this device front and center in stores. Message boards all over have some people who wanted change from Apple and Android excited about this phone. Would be a shame not to capture them as well.

Just my "educated" 2cents...again, I'm hopeful they just launch The Classic and make it readily available in stores soon.

02-08-15 11:11 AM
    The thing is, it hasn't even been 2 years since the Q10 came out on Verizon, so even people like myself who bought that on first day can't upgrade for a discount.

I know they're targeting the business minded consumer with this as in upgrade from 9930, but my question is, is the Classic even an upgrade over the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 05:25 PM
    The thing is, it hasn't even been 2 years since the Q10 came out on Verizon, so even people like myself who bought that on first day can't upgrade for a discount.

I know they're targeting the business minded consumer with this as in upgrade from 9930, but my question is, is the Classic even an upgrade over the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Depends. From a business perspective absolutely! If you work for a company they can upgrade their BlackBerry Enterprise Server and run BlackBerry 10 devices safe and secure. I don't care what anyone says, companies using Android and iOS on either Good or Mobile Iron are vulnerable. The upgrade is the total package. From a consumer side...whether it's an upgrade is personal preference.

Q10 on VZW for now?
    02-09-15 12:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hm. Well, I bought a Q10 the very first day I could through Verizon, and Big Red says I'm now eligible for an upgrade. As before, when I went from the Bold 9930 to the Q10, my upgrade eligibility is starting four months early. I'm ready for a Classic. Every so often I get pretty darn annoyed not having a trackpad. I want that back. I also will certainly welcome the slightly larger screen.

Ask VZW if you can upgrade early. I helped a family member put in such a request last year. Big Red said yes and delivered the goods.
    02-09-15 05:24 AM
    Not much longer Surfs. Not much longer.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    02-09-15 01:48 PM
    So here's a fact for the future that will clean this entire mess of waiting up. Most people are aware that as of February 11th all carriers are required to unlock there phones for current customers with paid off phones whose contracts are up. New customers or prior customer will need to pay a small fee.

What some people missed is that the government also imposed that all phones created for use in the US must be manufactured to work with ALL carriers. Meaning they must run on all 4G LTE bands and be dual SIM. For clarification I discussed this with Verizon they basically told me within months, retails will no longer SELL devices. They will have devices for show and be there to promote their service only.

All phones will sold directly through manufacturers either by financing or full retail and both ways SIM free. You can then choose which carrier because all phones starting in February need to be made compatible for all US Carriers (VZW, AT&T, T-Mo, Sprint, and US Cellular). So an example would be that there will absolutely be a compatible Passport for Verizon in the months to come. Currently the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are the only devices that as of February can be unlocked and work on both CDMA and GSM networks/carriers.

I actually believe this is good for BlackBerry as doing away carrier sales reps will allow for more BlackBerry users to not get steered away because a device isn't available in store. You'll buy from BlackBerry, pick your carrier and walk in and get a SIM and plan. If you finance the phone its through the manufacture so you're never tied to the carrier.

Again this is simply what I was told. The rep believed you will begin to see less and less stores at all and more stores like Apple. You'll see Samsung stores, BlackBerry stores, and stores with multiple types of phones.

Couple things. The FCC mandate does not require GSM phones to add CDMA bands/radios. This can be easily found by looking at the FCC certs for phones that have recently been certified. It does force some level of interoperability with LTE GSM bands. For example I can take an Verizon LG G2 and most any flagship Verizon phone within the last year or so and use it on AT&T and Tmob with some changes in APN settings if switching sims doesn't automatically do it. Doesn't mean I'll be able to take a Passport2 and use it on Verizon CDMA, vLTE should be compatible however in the future when it becomes widely used.

Iphone 6/Plus isn't the only phone that contains CDMA band capability. The Nexus 6 also does so it can be used on all the major US networks today.

The thought of carrier stores going away is fanciful at best in the near term. Whoever you were speaking to was just blowing smoke. Phone makers don't want the expense of B&M stores and if that came about only Apple, Samsung and Microsoft could afford it.
    02-09-15 02:21 PM
116 ... 2345