02-12-15 08:08 PM
116 1234 ...
tools
    I just bought a Z30 from Verizon, *right* before the announcement was made that the Classic would come to it. I have about a month left to return my phone with only a $35 restocking fee. Anyone haven any idea whether it's warranted to hope that it'll be offered by Verizon as early as late January?
    Completely unlikely. You would be more likely to see the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi suddenly decide that their investigation was through and they would disband than to see the classic released before March on Verizon.

As far as I can tell a classic has almost the same internals as the z10. So the z30 is a minor upgrade in terms of performance if that matters to you.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 07:33 AM
    Completely unlikely. You would be more likely to see the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi suddenly decide that their investigation was through and they would disband than to see the classic released before March on Verizon.

As far as I can tell a classic has almost the same internals as the z10. So the z30 is a minor upgrade in terms of performance if that matters to you.

Posted via CB10
    I have and use both z10 and z30. In my opinion it's like night and day. Z30 much better phone than the Z10. My opinion.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-30-14 09:15 AM
    I have and use both z10 and z30. In my opinion it's like night and day. Z30 much better phone than the Z10. My opinion.

Why is the z30 better? Is it much quicker? Are there any features on the z30 that you use that aren't on the z10?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:05 PM
    Why is the z30 better? Is it much quicker? Are there any features on the z30 that you use that aren't on the z10?

Posted via CB10
    It's faster NO LAG, much better speaker to listen to when talking, much louder and clearer speakers when playing music and speaker phone, battery life on a z10 is like an iphone but little better. Battery on the z30 is incredible, wireless charging, fm radio, I can go on and on.

You can not compare the two phones in any way but software in my opinion.

I asked the same questions before I got my z30 and was told same answers and they are true.

Good luck

12-30-14 05:42 PM
    None I'm aware of. Tough to believe BlackBerry releases a new phone and not one carrier has it in the USA. Oh I forgot this is BlackBerry.

See below for your answer..

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-31-14 01:17 PM

I think it is the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:19 PM
    Insiders here are saying February. And no, BB needs to sell phones to as many people as possible. They have not given up on the consumer market. It's just not the focus.
    01-01-15 09:53 AM
    They haven't given up on consumer market. Really? They're not in any position to go after the consumer market. They're fighting to maintain relevance in the enterprise market in the BYOD environment. At this point, Chen is doing a good job for us shareholders. Perhaps the Classic will allow Blackberry to switch enterprise users from BB7 to BB10. He needs to keep Private Equity stakeholders happy or they'll push Chen right out the door.

Posted via CB10
    RAFA1 likes this.
    01-01-15 03:16 PM
    I want my keyboard back, is why I'm looking to downgrade.
    01-02-15 02:00 PM
    They haven't given up on consumer market. Really? They're not in any position to go after the consumer market. They're fighting to maintain relevance in the enterprise market in the BYOD environment. At this point, Chen is doing a good job for us shareholders. Perhaps the Classic will allow Blackberry to switch enterprise users from BB7 to BB10. He needs to keep Private Equity stakeholders happy or they'll push Chen right out the door.

Posted via CB10
    Very realistic analysis.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:32 PM
    Really. Google what Enterprise means regarding phones. Then look and see if the Classic is available for sale for consumers. They need every sale they can get. And I know lots of independent contractors like myself looking forward to this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:10 AM
    Blackberry's focus "enterprise" means companies using BES 12 and buying hardware in bulk to support using BES 12. While they want every sale they can get, they don't have the money or the resources to chase the consumer market with US carriers. Blackberry cannot afford to pay to play in the US carrier retail stores. They're offering the phone to hardcore base through ShopBlackberry. What more do you want? Anyone that wants a Blackberry can get one. Their main focus is still to not go bankrupt.
    01-04-15 05:59 PM
    Blackberry's focus "enterprise" means companies using BES 12 and buying hardware in bulk to support using BES 12. While they want every sale they can get, they don't have the money or the resources to chase the consumer market with US carriers. Blackberry cannot afford to pay to play in the US carrier retail stores. They're offering the phone to hardcore base through ShopBlackberry. What more do you want? Anyone that wants a Blackberry can get one. Their main focus is still to not go bankrupt.
    Well, since this is a Verizon forum thread, and ShopBlackBerry doesn't sell any CDMA devices, what more do you think we want from BlackBerry and Verizon?

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    01-04-15 07:01 PM
    Actually saw one for the first time here in the U.S. They are selling an unlocked version in B&H Camera Store in NYC. They also have the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    01-05-15 06:41 AM
    Actually saw one for the first time here in the U.S. They are selling an unlocked version in B&H Camera Store in NYC. They also have the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    For Verizon? Bull****.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 09:55 AM
    False

01-05-15 02:20 PM
    I know US Mobile has both classic and passport, however the classic is quite pricey. I'm not sure if they do contracts with that carrier.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:45 PM
    Except Verizon must have a large number of enterprise accounts. So not having a Verizon version is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:16 PM

You still on this misguided and misdirected hate? Blackberry would have to have US carriers that had modern protocols. (NO CDMA) and the same ability to test in a timely manner as the carriers in the rest of the world. Ever wonder what the US carriers are the last ones in the world by months to certify BlackBerry phones? Could be the time it takes to modify the OS for those carriers that want to cripple features or to install spyware.

You look more and more foolish the long you leave you sig in place.
    01-06-15 06:34 AM
    How is my statement false? Anybody that wants a new Blackberry can buy direct and use with any GSM carrier. With CDMA version, the carrier has to approve the phone and then allow on their system which is not within Blackberry's control. If CDMA version is ordered by carrier in large enough quantity, then Blackberry would be happy to supply to carrier. The rest of my statement is still accurate. While they still want every sale they can get, they still don't have the money or the resources to chase the consumer market with US carriers. Blackberry still cannot afford to pay to play in the US carrier retail stores. Their main focus is still to not go bankrupt. Chen has a large stock exercise that is worthless if the company doesn't survive. He'll do whatever he needs to with company to ensure that happens, including exiting the handset business if necessary.
    01-06-15 06:38 AM
    It's an issue beyond the control of Blackberry. Verizon has to agree to buy a minimum quantity of the phone and to allow on their network.
    01-06-15 06:40 AM
    What is Blackberry supposed to do? They can't make Verizon stock phones and Verizon has to agree to allow on their network because of CDMA.
    01-06-15 06:42 AM
    Insiders here are saying February. And no, BB needs to sell phones to as many people as possible. They have not given up on the consumer market. It's just not the focus.
    Please show me where BlackBerry says this.

They have and you don't know it yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/03/...nsumer-market/

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/20/47...and-enterprise

http://www.notebookcheck.net/BlackBe....102289.0.html

01-06-15 06:45 AM
    The US carriers don't want to deal with BlackBerry. Why have even one customer return a phone because of a major app they can't get. Verizon in my opinion will give the new user an iPhone or Android and know it's a slim chance they will return it. I'm sure BlackBerry would love their phones stocked in US stores if they were wanted. Its just easier to sell new customer what's hot today.

01-06-15 07:59 AM
    It's coming. The US is the biggest market in the world and VZN is the biggest carrier. They will carry this phone. These ignorant comments are becoming less comical and more annoying.
    01-06-15 08:28 PM
116 1234 ...