If I am on the phone and someone else calls me they hear a tone after the end of each ring they hear. That way they know I'm on the phone, but not answering their call. Is their anyway to shut this feature off? I find it very annoying. If it matters I have the Bold 9650.
    03-28-11 09:09 PM
    Turn off call waiting maybe? I am not a huge fan of it either. It's not that I don't want to talk to you, but I was talking to someone else first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 09:16 PM
    If I am on the phone and someone else calls me they hear a tone after the end of each ring they hear. That way they know I'm on the phone, but not answering their call. Is their anyway to shut this feature off? I find it very annoying. If it matters I have the Bold 9650.
    You can call verizon and ask. There are threads that I recall reading in this forum on this topic, and as I recall at times one needed to get to the right tech person.

Might want to do a search and see what you find.
    03-28-11 09:16 PM
    I do not know if VZW is the same as AT&T. With AT&T, you can go to Options>Phone Options (OS 5) or Call Management (OS 6)>Call Waiting and turn it off. Mine is turned off, since I find it annoying.
    03-28-11 10:33 PM
    If you get a ring back tone it stops the distinctive ring when your on the other line.
    03-29-11 09:02 AM
    There is no way to stop it without getting Ringback Tones, removing Call Waiting or enable Busy Transfer. I'm not sure how it's annoying to you though...
    03-29-11 01:11 PM
    There is no way to stop it without getting Ringback Tones, removing Call Waiting or enable Busy Transfer. I'm not sure how it's annoying to you though...
    In case I get a question from VZW users, can a person remove call waiting on his own, like on AT&T, or does he need to call VZW to have call waiting removed?
    03-29-11 01:24 PM
    He doesn't necessarily want the person calling in to know he's ignoring the call because he's on another call. Then the person calling in, may want to know who the person he was on the line with was, and if he's say dating multiple women, this could be an awkward question.
    03-29-11 01:26 PM
    I got it removed this morning by VZW. Took just a few minutes and the rep I talked to knew exactly what I wanted. Really its just that I don't want people knowing when I'm on the phone.
    03-29-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD