Some of the things I'd like taken off are all the fluff vwz has sent and also to remove the "sent from my verizon black berry " on emails.

I rather not advertise for free. If I could also removing the entire "from my black berry" as stated before, when you start paying me I'll start letting you signature on my company phone.

I have all the vwz stuff hidden (as well as the junk apps face book games etc) and just want them off.

I was told clearing the service books would help but vwz resent me that! Am I going to be forced to keep cleaning games off a work tool?

I've had no problems with the service or customer relations of vwz (I've even forgiven them for me getting mailed 2 DOA phones.) But having to fight over such trivial matters is just silly.

Yes it's hidden and out of the way, but this is a company I'm forced to work with and I rather not be forced to keep my phone to use as a cheap ad campaign and the storage space filled with rubbish they feel is something I "need".

I'm also quite aware I'm cranky.
    09-28-10 06:24 PM
    You can remover the 'SENT FROM' message by logging into your BIS and removing the signature. Anyone who has set up BIS through the website knows this
    or if you are BES, your technicians will have to remove it.

and nothing else is removable. Service Books will always be resent, Just HIDE the stuff you dont want, they are launchers and placeholders not real apps.

maybe a warm cup a milk is needed?
    09-28-10 06:30 PM
    Well I thank you for the help.

Sadly this means I have to go to the bowels that is the IT department. It smells like sweat suits, hot pockets and energy drinks.

So if they are just launchers and place holders would I be correct in thinking that's not much room?

Yes milk, or scotch would be better, if at all possible!

Thank you again for the help.
    09-28-10 09:27 PM
    Just hide the unwanted icons, change your signature and drink some night time tea or something and stop worrying about little things when there's is worse things out there.
    09-29-10 01:20 AM
    Actually, if you are on a BES you can create an IT Policy to block these from being pushed. It's under the Browser policy group. Go to the "Allow Application Download Services" and change the default setting to "No". Below is a description of the rule so you can see if this is what you want.

Allow Application Download Services IT Policy Rule:
    Specify whether application download service icons appear on the BlackBerry device when the wireless service provider assigns a service and the appropriate service books are present on the BlackBerry device. Set this rule to No to hide all application download service icons.
    09-29-10 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD