First off sorry for the stupid nature of this question!

Is there some way vzw can provide me content of sms messages on phones under my account? They are deleted on the phone, wanting to know a way to fins out what was there.

Thanks!
    12-20-09 09:00 PM
    First off sorry for the stupid nature of this question!

Is there some way vzw can provide me content of sms messages on phones under my account? They are deleted on the phone, wanting to know a way to fins out what was there.

Thanks!
    The only way you can get that information is with a court ordered subpoena. And they only save the past 5 days.
    12-20-09 09:16 PM
    ok, thanks!
    12-20-09 09:24 PM
    Quit trying to stalk your GF/Wife :-P
    12-21-09 05:37 PM
    Well, as the subscriber you should be able to request them yourself, without a subpoena. If not you should be able to find a lawyer to complete and mail a Subpoena Duces Tecum to VZW's Legal Compliance/Subpoena Compliance Department. And it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. Better yet, go to the website for the judicial branch in your State (eg: mine is courts.ky.gov). If their site's worth a damn you should be able to easily locate pdf legal forms, for free, that you can complete. Then you just need an attorney to sign it and off it goes.
    12-21-09 05:57 PM
    Well, as the subscriber you should be able to request them yourself, without a subpoena. If not you should be able to find a lawyer to complete and mail a Subpoena Duces Tecum to VZW's Legal Compliance/Subpoena Compliance Department. And it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. Better yet, go to the website for the judicial branch in your State (eg: mine is courts.ky.gov). If their site's worth a damn you should be able to easily locate pdf legal forms, for free, that you can complete. Then you just need an attorney to sign it and off it goes.
    Why would you seriously do any of that for deleted text messages? Just move on with your life.
    12-21-09 05:59 PM
    Why would you seriously do any of that for deleted text messages? Just move on with your life.
    You don't know why they want that information. Maybe they were threatened. Or maybe they suspect one of their kids is dealing drugs? Who knows?
    12-21-09 09:17 PM
    You don't know why they want that information. Maybe they were threatened. Or maybe they suspect one of their kids is dealing drugs? Who knows?
    I think they meant that if you can't get it through the normal process and have to take matters into your own hands, then it isn't worth it.

Harrassment and drug dealing are crimes - take it to the cops and not a lawyer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 11:56 PM
    Harrassment and drug dealing are crimes - take it to the cops and not a lawyer.
    If it's your kid, you might prefer to take it to a lawyer or handle it internally, not through the cops.

But re-reading the original post, it's probably not serious, since he says "excuse a stupid question" or something like that
    12-22-09 11:14 AM
    If it's your kid, you might prefer to take it to a lawyer or handle it internally, not through the cops.

But re-reading the original post, it's probably not serious, since he says "excuse a stupid question" or something like that
    I don't think you could get a court order to release the text messages without a cogent reason. So unless you are willing to get the judicial system involved in your kids affairs if you suspect illegal activity, don't ask for a court order.

If you are worried otherwise, messaging services can always be blocked.
    12-22-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD