04-20-10 08:27 PM
29 12
tools
    Been with Verizon for several years now as they offer the best service in my area. Last September signed up for another 2 year contract and went with 2 Tours and another basic phone. One of the Tours went back in October and went with my old phone; looking to finally get my new phone this month when the HTC Incredible comes out.

Now the dilemma...anything I can do with the other remaining to try and replace it with the Incredible also? Anyway Verizon will let you sign another 2 year contract or something before the current one is up?
    04-14-10 09:00 PM
    Been with Verizon for several years now as they offer the best service in my area. Last September signed up for another 2 year contract and went with 2 Tours and another basic phone. One of the Tours went back in October and went with my old phone; looking to finally get my new phone this month when the HTC Incredible comes out.

Now the dilemma...anything I can do with the other remaining to try and replace it with the Incredible also? Anyway Verizon will let you sign another 2 year contract or something before the current one is up?

In Sept you can get an Annual upgrade sign a new 2 year and upgrade the other Tour to an Incredible. (There is an extra 20 dollar fee for this)
    04-14-10 09:32 PM
    Try to go into the VZW store and ask, I updated to a Droid this past Saturday and my contract wasn't up. I was only charged a $20 Early Upgrade fee.
    04-14-10 09:34 PM
    Try to go into the VZW store and ask, I updated to a Droid this past Saturday and my contract wasn't up. I was only charged a $20 Early Upgrade fee.
    So did you have to sign a new 2 yr. contract? Also how far off was your actual upgrade date?
    04-14-10 11:09 PM
    So did you have to sign a new 2 yr. contract? Also how far off was your actual upgrade date?
    Yes, I did have to sign a new two year contract.
    My actual upgrade date was November 2011.
    But, I am a 'High-Premier Customer' so I'm not sure if that effected the upgrade/discount.
    04-14-10 11:13 PM
    Yes, I did have to sign a new two year contract.
    My actual upgrade date was November 2011.
    But, I am a 'High-Premier Customer' so I'm not sure if that effected the upgrade/discount.
    What is a "High-Premier Customer"? Is that like the VIP program?
    04-14-10 11:22 PM
    What is a "High-Premier Customer"? Is that like the VIP program?
    Well, Verizon doesn't exactly have there own VIP program but that is what they call highly appreciated customers. If you've been with Verizon for awhile, payed your bills on time and all that jazz, they note you down as a High-Premier Customer in there computers. I've bought/upgrade many devices, extended my contract many times, and payed all my bills. So I earned it.

I would just go into your local VZW store, explain to them what you want, then take it from there.
    04-14-10 11:31 PM
    Well, Verizon doesn't exactly have there own VIP program but that is what they call highly appreciated customers. If you've been with Verizon for awhile, payed your bills on time and all that jazz, they note you down as a High-Premier Customer in there computers. I've bought/upgrade many devices, extended my contract many times, and payed all my bills. So I earned it.

I would just go into your local VZW store, explain to them what you want, then take it from there.
    Oh well shoot I must be a High-Premier Customer then? Bills paid on time, extended all 3 of my lines many times etc. etc.. I'll try it. Whats the worst that could happen? They laugh in my face and tell me to get the **** outta here. Lol
    04-14-10 11:44 PM
    Oh well shoot I must be a High-Premier Customer then? Bills paid on time, extended all 3 of my lines many times etc. etc.. I'll try it. Whats the worst that could happen? They laugh in my face and tell me to get the **** outta here. Lol
    LOL.
    Well, Good Luck!
    Tell us how it ends.
    04-15-10 12:22 AM

So you're 7 months into a 2 year contract? No you can not keep signing new contracts on a whim because you want a new phone. There is Full Retail.
    04-15-10 03:41 AM
    Cool! That should work well.

In Sept you can get an Annual upgrade sign a new 2 year and upgrade the other Tour to an Incredible. (There is an extra 20 dollar fee for this)
    04-15-10 06:34 AM
    Great to hear; how much longer did you actually have in your existing contract?

04-15-10 06:35 AM
    Is the High-Premier Customer noted on your account as such or how is that identified when you asked them?

04-15-10 06:37 AM
    All lines can upgrade at the 20 month mark in a 2 year contract. If you are on a "high tier" plan which I believe is considered $49.99 or higher and haven't changed it during the contract, you can do an annual upgrade. You sign a new 2 year contract and pay a $20 processing fee. No need to examine your bill or anything silly like that. Just call your local VZW, make sure you have your number and passcode on hand and ask if you have any upgrades available. If they say no, be sure to ask if you have any annual upgrade available. Or, just log into your MyVerizon account, it'll let you know if you can upgrade.
    04-15-10 11:23 AM
    Called Verizon and they seemed to know nothing of this High Tier plan.

All lines can upgrade at the 20 month mark in a 2 year contract. If you are on a "high tier" plan which I believe is considered $49.99 or higher and haven't changed it during the contract, you can do an annual upgrade. You sign a new 2 year contract and pay a $20 processing fee. No need to examine your bill or anything silly like that. Just call your local VZW, make sure you have your number and passcode on hand and ask if you have any upgrades available. If they say no, be sure to ask if you have any annual upgrade available. Or, just log into your MyVerizon account, it'll let you know if you can upgrade.
    04-15-10 02:32 PM
    The problem is the phone I need to upgrade is not my primary number and it seems the 20th month doesn't come up until 05/11/2011.

Anyway to ever get around this?
    04-15-10 02:35 PM
    Called Verizon and they seemed to know nothing of this High Tier plan.
    Becasue it doesn't exist.
    04-15-10 03:54 PM
    Anyway to ever get around this?
    Yes there is. Full retail.
    04-15-10 03:55 PM
    Yea I've been getting the one year upgrade for the primary line and signing a new two year to upgrade the secondary for the past 2 years or so. Planning on doing this again for the 9650

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 08:43 PM
    Becasue it doesn't exist.
    This is correct, it does not exist. If you are on a high tier price plan, you are the primary line, and it has been atleast a year since you did an upgrade on the MDN then you may qualify for an annual or early upgrade.
    04-16-10 02:56 PM
    If the main and secondary line is signed the same time that would make both up for a early upgrade at 20 months or just the main? Also if it just the main and it signs a 2 year does it lock the socondary for the new two years?

04-16-10 04:50 PM
    If the main and secondary line is signed the same time that would make both up for a early upgrade at 20 months or just the main?
    Just the main or primary line. In a family share plan the primary line pays the bulk of the monthy access fees, while the 2nd, 3rd.... etc pay 9.99 for most family share plans.

Also if it just the main and it signs a 2 year does it lock the socondary for the new two years?
    A contract is on a per line basis. So if you were you upgraded one line but not the others, then you would only have a contract extension on the line you upgraded.

Hope this helps,

~Archer
    04-16-10 05:40 PM
    Could both be upgraded at the same time? She is holding out for the iphone but if it doesn't come she might get a berry. I want the new bold so wondering if it would work out that way

04-17-10 01:41 AM
    I've been such a good customer to vzw I have 12 friends and family numbers.
    04-17-10 09:21 PM
    Could both be upgraded at the same time? She is holding out for the iphone but if it doesn't come she might get a berry. I want the new bold so wondering if it would work out that way

Each line on the account has it's own upgrade dates, so yes you can upgraded at the same time or seperate times.
    04-17-10 10:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD