I thought I would see if any CB Verizon employees would be willing to start up a ASK HERE thread like AT&T has. It seems to be the most helpful and visited thread in the carrier forums. We will soon need something like that with the Storm coming our way. IMO What do you all think?
    09-19-08 01:23 PM
    Good point! I personally don't need to hear all VZW's deep dark secrets, but a little pacification on some of the hot topics would be nice from time to time, along with some of the technical tricks and "how to" stuff you've picked up along the way...
    09-19-08 03:23 PM
    Good point! I personally don't need to hear all VZW's deep dark secrets, but a little pacification on some of the hot topics would be nice from time to time, along with some of the technical tricks and "how to" stuff you've picked up along the way...
    Couldn't agree more, Martinisloth. Hopefully, we'll get a couple of EE's to start it up soon. Now is the perfect time since VZW is about to begin the BB touchscreen era! Here's to hopin.
    09-19-08 03:30 PM
    hey..I am an VZW employee and would answer the best I could, however, I notice that people post the same questions over and over without checking if it was posted already. So it gets to be a bit tedious. Anyone ever have any questions can PM me at any time.

C

VZW employee.
    09-19-08 03:46 PM
    hey..I am an VZW employee and would answer the best I could, however, I notice that people post the same questions over and over without checking if it was posted already. So it gets to be a bit tedious. Anyone ever have any questions can PM me at any time.

C

VZW employee.
    I realize that ?'s are often repeated, however, there are many genuine issues being resolved over there. Also, it creates a thread that can help clean up the VZW carrier forum. Well, it only takes 1 to start the thread. Hopefully you'll be the one. Thanks for responding.
    09-19-08 04:06 PM
    I think there's a few of us VZW reps on here..shouldn't be much of a problem.
    09-19-08 06:53 PM
    I'm glad and hope that this thread was started so thanks golfnut. On Wednesday I went into the local VZW corp store in need of some assistance and noticed that the two sales reps/techs that helped both were BB users. Which made me feel a little more at ease since I thought that the sales rep that sold me my Pearl was the only one. I went in because my trackball quit working it would scroll but when you would press down it would click but that was it. Since I've only had my Pearl for under 90 days they issued me a replacement and I should get it tomorrow. The key thing was I understood them and they understood me, ie all the crackberry jargon and know how. My one question I had and it might not get answered right away is.... OS 4.5? Where is it? Heard that it was suppose to be out by the time they upgraded NAV and the Storm launch. Thanks in advance.
    09-19-08 08:32 PM
    No release date on OS 4.5

As soon as it meets our guidelines/testing it will be available.
    09-19-08 10:54 PM
    I'm Verizon Wireless customer service rep. I work in the socal call center.

Anyway, I'm here to help out to the best of my ability also. I have nothing better to be doing, and I have a pretty sh*tty schedule. Plus I'm on here all day too. I think this thread should be stickied.
    09-20-08 12:48 PM
    I forgot to mention, I've only had my berry for a few weeks, but as far as recommending calling/data plan and general trouble shooting I can help out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 12:56 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=74197

which one is official? lol
    09-20-08 02:13 PM
    09-20-08 02:15 PM
    lol.

i notice that you did NOT vote in the poll indicating that you're a loyal (happy) VZW customer. have you decided to switch then? i was following your post on the subject.
    09-20-08 02:23 PM
    lol.

i notice that you did NOT vote in the poll indicating that you're a loyal (happy) VZW customer. have you decided to switch then? i was following your post on the subject.
    Well, I don't generally vote in polls - but NO, I am definitely not happy right now. I have been loyal to Verizon, and extremely satisfied, for years. Long story short, I sent out several emails from my corporate account (too look more professional ) to Verizon's executive support team. They actually ended up not only emailing, but CALLING me on Friday. We shall see what will come of it. Unfortunately, I was stuck in meetings all day Friday and didn't even have a chance to speak with VZW.
    09-20-08 02:26 PM
    Since there's an "official" thread, I'll close this one.
    09-20-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD