10-13-09 05:53 PM
43 12
tools
    No clickety-click, but selectable & adjustable haptic feedback is part of the mix.

Push email is available for those who want it or who have MS Enterprise available.

It has a full accelerometer & proximity sensor. Turn it & it automatically switches to landscape mode. Set it face down & it mutes your call. Put it against your face & the display turns off. Pull it away & the display relights in a smart-mode, with the keyboard ready for phone system key-entry.

Best of all, when connectivity to the RIM servers goes away, it still works.
    Nice. When you say "push email is available for those who want it" - is this something that would come with the data plan?
    I don't have an enterprise server, I'm more asking if I can push gmail to my phone for free, similar to BB? (without the hassles of the unstable BIS)

And you can turn off the accelerometer? This phone sounds promising
    Especially with the haptic feedback...no moving "click" parts, which have a shorter life expectancy.
    I'm very intrigued...
    10-12-09 11:44 AM
    I'm also interested in hearing more about Omnia's push email. My company used ActiveSync with WinMo devices in the past, so I'm pretty sure I could at least get push email for my work email address, but I would like to be able to have it for my personal gmail address as well...
    10-12-09 01:27 PM
    I have heard the phone was VERY sluggish with early software...anyone else hear this? I cannot decide bt this, the imagio, or the s2...i have the s1 and I like it for the most part but I am sick of its problems and always having to change OS to "fit my needs"
    10-12-09 01:38 PM
    Google currently offers the ability to "push" email - search for

Google Enterprise Push

or check more at Google Sync services

Microsoft is also in limited beta-test phase for this using their My Phone service.

Google covers only WM & Android devices. Currently, MS only covers WM, but is planning on expanding it to include Android, Symbian & Linux phones.

No BlackBerry for either, but both will include single-point access for all your email online anywhere you have a connection or your phone.

Also - O2 has no issues with being sluggish - it is remarkably quick.
    10-12-09 04:01 PM
    I have heard the phone was VERY sluggish with early software...anyone else hear this? I cannot decide bt this, the imagio, or the s2...i have the s1 and I like it for the most part but I am sick of its problems and always having to change OS to "fit my needs"
    From what I can tell in the vids on you tube it didn't seem that sluggish
    10-12-09 04:10 PM
    Intrigued, Google Enterprise Push sounds pretty interesting.
    10-12-09 04:34 PM
    The problem with the Omnia HD is that it may be too large for most people. One-handed operation is pretty much a no-go, unless you have very large hands.
    Hey now, I carry an iPaq 210! There ain't much bigger than that, but I don't exactly have large hands. I sure as heck wouldn't mind an Omnia HD.

But seriously, an Omnia 2 will have an even nicer screen than the 210, so no reason not for me to jump on it.
    10-12-09 04:49 PM
    Hey now, I carry an iPaq 210! There ain't much bigger than that, but I don't exactly have large hands. I sure as heck wouldn't mind an Omnia HD.

But seriously, an Omnia 2 will have an even nicer screen than the 210, so no reason not for me to jump on it.
    So you're telling us you have big hands?
    10-12-09 11:12 PM
    I swear...i read a review saying with the touchwiz interface they were seeing tons of beach balls..as in spinning circles...as in it took a while to load each "widget" every time they slid to the next home screen
    10-13-09 01:03 PM
    I swear...i read a review saying with the touchwiz interface they were seeing tons of beach balls..as in spinning circles...as in it took a while to load each "widget" every time they slid to the next home screen
    On the vids it looks ok
    10-13-09 01:12 PM
    omnia 2....
    10-13-09 01:27 PM
    omnia 2....
    Yes Omnia2
    10-13-09 01:37 PM
    Yes Omnia2
    You thought you knew the devil but you had no idea.
    10-13-09 01:38 PM
    You thought you knew the devil but you had no idea.

Lol.................. true....
    10-13-09 01:41 PM
    okay i take it back...the examples I saw were with winMo 6.1...I really think 6.5 is going to be much better...What are your guys thoughts? You think winMo 7 will come out and run okay on the omnia 2?
    10-13-09 01:57 PM
    I had to edit this because I actually read the thread and found the link I was going to post. I should learn to read everything and not skim the posts.

I was going to post Samsungs emulator link but it was already on page one.
    Last edited by sjsjr; 10-13-09 at 02:59 PM. Reason: I learned to read!
    10-13-09 02:56 PM
    I had to edit this because I actually read the thread and found the link I was going to post. I should learn to read everything and not skim the posts.

I was going to post Samsungs emulator link but it was already on page one.
    The way I have been obsessing about this phone more is always better....
    10-13-09 03:19 PM
    The way I have been obsessing about this phone more is always better....
    Easy there. Take a deep breath...

10-13-09 05:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD