Hey guys, I did search this topic before posting but I really didn't see a good answer. I was just wondering because I want a bold so bad! I'm not really interested in the storm, I'm happy with the curve but the bold looks hot!

I can wait a bit because I don't really want to leave verizon heh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:24 PM
    No official word. I expect VZW to pursue a curve replacement (8900) before a 8830 replacement (Bold).
    11-18-08 07:30 PM
    I'm hoping vzw comes out with something that's comparable or better than the Bold. The Storm may not be for me. I've gotten used to real keys and scroll mouse. No gps other than vznav, no wifi, no Bold is making it really hard for me to stay with vzw and not switch to Att.

11-18-08 07:48 PM
    I'm hoping vzw comes out with something that's comparable or better than the Bold. The Storm may not be for me. I've gotten used to real keys and scroll mouse. No gps other than vznav, no wifi, no Bold is making it really hard for me to stay with vzw and not switch to Att.

the gps is unlocked and can use any gps program.. i.e. googlemaps, etc. In all honesty, how many times have you/will you ever really use wifi?
    11-18-08 10:19 PM
    I know about the bold for att/storm verizon. Im just not buying into the storm/ touch screen hype. I don't care what anyone says or what any review states. There is no way touch screen can be as efficient for typing out long emails and texts.

11-18-08 11:10 PM
    I know about the bold for att/storm verizon. Im just not buying into the storm/ touch screen hype. I don't care what anyone says or what any review states. There is no way touch screen can be as efficient for typing out long emails and texts.

This is why people get stuck in past technology and never move on. I am not saying a touch screen is for you. What I am saying is technology changes and making a statement like that can bite a person in the **** in 5 years.

"computers will never need more then 1 MB of ram"
    -Bill Gates

If you lived by me id like to see how close I could come to typing out the same long email on my iphone vs your phone with a keyboard.

After using it a while I definitely have become pretty dang fast with it. The part that gets tricky is doing it without looking =)
    Last edited by noaim; 11-19-08 at 03:10 AM.
    11-19-08 03:03 AM
    absolutely no way of confirming even if a Bold variant will be coming to Verizon since there has been no documentation, leaked devices, leaked images, or even word of mouth from "reliable sources" that a CDMA Bold (which I assume would be the 9030) is even in consideration.
    11-19-08 04:15 AM
    According to phonearena.com the VZ version of the bold is due out in May of 2009.

RIM BlackBerry Niagara specs, features, and information (Phone Arena)
    11-19-08 06:01 AM
    ^^^
    That wld be sweet!

I'm w/ the original poster of the thread. The storm isn't for me. I'm looking forward to the Bold & if vzw doesn't have it by the time I'm ready to upgrade.... Well, I'll be over on AT&Ts network.

11-19-08 06:55 AM
    with the release of the Storm i dought they are going to get the Bold anytime soon......
    11-19-08 07:44 AM
    VZ got the curve in May so maybe the Bold will be then.
    11-19-08 08:11 AM
    No official word. I expect VZW to pursue a curve replacement (8900) before a 8830 replacement (Bold).
    if the Bold is the replacement for the 8830 it would be a global phone, right? any idea as to whether the "bold" or whatever it will be called on VZW will be global like the storm?
    11-19-08 09:32 AM
    This is why people get stuck in past technology and never move on. I am not saying a touch screen is for you. What I am saying is technology changes and making a statement like that can bite a person in the **** in 5 years.

"computers will never need more then 1 MB of ram"
    -Bill Gates

If you lived by me id like to see how close I could come to typing out the same long email on my iphone vs your phone with a keyboard.

After using it a while I definitely have become pretty dang fast with it. The part that gets tricky is doing it without looking =)
    I hear what your saying and I think the idea of a touch screen is great. I think in the future it will be even better. I think it is really nice for web browsing, media, and other stuff but it isn't quite quick enough for me to rely on it for texting/emailing.

Again that's just my opinion and I know some people like it. I also know that I could probably adapt to it but it just doesn't interest me yet. If a few years down the road most phones are touch, then I can adapt. But if I don't have to, I would just prefer the buttons lol.

11-19-08 10:37 AM
    Nothing is ever solid until the carrier/manufacturer announce it (and release)
    11-19-08 10:52 AM
    According to phonearena.com the VZ version of the bold is due out in May of 2009.
    Thats around the same date of when Sprint, that i heard of, was going to release the bold, unless anyone has heard anything else??
    11-19-08 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD