I'm trying to figure out if Verizon has any non-Blackberry phones that are portrait with a physicaly keyboard. There are currently none available through Verizon. I came across the Droid Pro but it is quite old in terms of specs. It's updated version the Motorla Admiral, was only released on Sprint. Are there any additional qwerty portrait devices or are those all of them in recent memory?
    08-17-12 02:49 PM
    Those have seemingly gone the way of the dinosaur. Besides BB the only kb types are slide outs I think. Touch screens seem to rule. I sure liked some of my old portrait, physical kb devices. There are maybe more options with GSM, but probably fading fast.
    I have an old Verizon htc ozone runs winmo standard. Still a good phone, just dated. I used to have an old HP 3inch screen running wm5. IMHO that phone in its day was a real rarity with tha screen size. Kinda slow, but a nice device for the time. Now my old Nokia e71 was one of my all time favs. Small screen, but a typing fool on that qwerty. Loved that phone for emailing and such.
    Sorry I'm no help at all, but thanks for letting me reminisce.
    08-17-12 04:11 PM
    the Android Droid Pro (year and a half old) is the last one I recall seeing and I am pretty sure it is End Of Life by now. Might find a used one online but it wont get any new OS updates.
    08-23-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD