Does anyone know if Verizon will ever update their three BlackBerry apps for FiOS subscribers?

On my old 9550 running OS5, I enjoyed using the FiOS TV Remote DVR app and the FiOS Digital Voice app. (I never used the FiOS on Demand app.)

Unfortunately, upgrading my BB to a 9850 device running OS7 has left me without any compatible version of these apps. I have a bad feeling that these apps are "orphans" at this point...
    10-20-11 10:42 PM
    Fios right now is a dying breed. They spread like wildfire for the first few years and then had to stop due to a lot of money issues.
    They said they were spending 2011 on growing their current market before expanding but I have yet to see or hear about it (I work for comcast). Seems like they are dragging their feet on everything until the contract is figured out.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 02:01 PM
    I believe that FiOS is still adding around 200,000 households per quarter to their subscription base which is around 4 million U.S. households at this point. So, that's an appreciable number of users. Enough that I would think it would warrant keeping their mobile apps up to date!
    11-01-11 07:14 PM
  4. T
    I have FiOS and love it. I doubt it's going away with the infrastructure that's been put into place. Pleased with my internet speeds, too. D/L upward of 30, U/L around 24, and it doesn't change when a neighborhood of kids gets home from school and goes on the net.
    11-01-11 07:26 PM
    I have FiOS and love it. I doubt it's going away with the infrastructure that's been put into place. Pleased with my internet speeds, too. D/L upward of 30, U/L around 24, and it doesn't change when a neighborhood of kids gets home from school and goes on the net.

None of the new hsd does too that was an old 56K and dsl issue. I run ul and dl tests on peoples computers all day in the city and constantly get 30+ no matter what time of day.

11-01-11 11:09 PM
    I believe that FiOS is still adding around 200,000 households per quarter to their subscription base which is around 4 million U.S. households at this point. So, that's an appreciable number of users. Enough that I would think it would warrant keeping their mobile apps up to date!

Yes they're not shutting down but they're not building out either, they are building up. The were spotted in most towns so they are staying in those towns and blanketing them. Those #'s are also for people that are switching back and forth between isp's for discounts. I see it every day of people leaving for 6 months and I go to pick up their equipment and 6 months later I come back to install. Honestly about 80-90% of my installs are bouncers.

11-01-11 11:12 PM
  7. T
    I recently called FiOS tech support on an issue and was told download speeds of 150 are now available. I asked how much, and I forget the answer, but I think it was like $100 for the internet portion of the package.
    11-01-11 11:45 PM
    In the six weeks since I started this thread, quite a few of the apps that I had on my old Storm2 have been updated for the 9850.

Alas, no sign of updates yet for the FiOS apps from Verizon.

I guess RIM devices truly are the "red-headed stepchildren" at Verizon...
    12-02-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD