03-23-11 01:47 PM
31 12
tools
    The online prices for the BBs just dropped since yesterday I believe. Maybe it's a sign something is coming real soon, maybe not.
    The prices at vzw.com are ALWAYS fluctuating.. when I thought I was going to have to replace my tour the bold was down to about $50 w/ 2 yr contract.. now it's up to $100 (I guess because of the OS6).. there was even a CPO bold for free.. now they have no CPO bolds... I really am confused about how VZW does pricing/what's available? If you call a rep, the prices and availability are totally different.. makes no sense
    03-01-11 12:34 PM
    I am an original Storm user, yes, Storm 1, and I love my phone. Loved it when I first got it, and still love it now. But I am ready for an upgrade, the memory on it stinks for having apps and such and I'm forced to do a battery pull everyday, if not twice a day. I've been patiently waiting for a new touch screen BB as I do not want the Storm 2, but looking at that timeline and possible releases I don't know if I can wait that long! I'm really battling with upgrading to the iPhone or a Droid or not because I love Blackberries, I don't want anything but, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!
    Another S1 lovin' owner here. Mine is two years old and still working like new. I agree that the limited memory is frustrating and I have trimmed my apps down to a few select ones to keep a reasonable amt of working memory.

If you get either MeterBerry or Quicklaunch, you can schedule a daily reset. Mine resets at 5:00 a.m. each day and I haven't had to physically pull the battery in several months. I love the Storm concept and will wait for the S3.
    03-21-11 09:26 PM
    I'm new here and need some help. Recently my phone (old LG Voyager) became very challenging to charge. I've done research and have decided that I would like a Blackberry, however I really don't want to waste my upgrade now with some nice Blackberries coming out what looks to be late this summer.

I saw someone mention buying an old Tour in a previous post... is that the route that I should take, buying a cheap phone until the new Blackberries come out? Where is a good spot to buy cheap, used, and reliable phones?
    03-22-11 09:07 PM
    I wouldn't get a tour though... They aren't that reliable.

Either a 9650 or curve 3g... Both support OS6 as well.
    dmorley21 likes this.
    03-22-11 09:41 PM
    I wouldn't get a tour though... They aren't that reliable.

Either a 9650 or curve 3g... Both support OS6 as well.

I'd probably look at a curve then as I'm not looking to drop a lot of money until I actually upgrade.

Would you recommend just checking ebay or is there a site with better deals?
    03-23-11 06:07 AM
    Ebay or the marketplace here, but I don't see a lot of curve 3g's for sale here. You might be surprised in that there might not be too much of a price difference between the curve 3gs and the 9650...

If you want to go really cheap you can get a 8530, but no OS6 support...
    03-23-11 01:47 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD