03-23-11 12:47 PM
31 12
tools
    I figured i'd ask here but im not sure if the Rep would help.

Does verizon see any new bb's being brought in soon? I think I for one would move to the Torch if verizon gets it. I'm not sure why they havent yet. There's even a bold 3 out (9700 i think?) with twice the memory and a better camera...

Just checking...

swy
    02-14-11 05:33 PM
    They will be getting the Montana and the Monaco. When is another question. That I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 05:54 PM
    02-14-11 06:00 PM
    Nice!! I was thinking the same thing. Will upgrade to the Manaco.
    02-14-11 06:04 PM
    Ah nice. I thought might be sooner but I'm patient. Feel like I've had thos bold now forever.

Thanks!

02-14-11 06:14 PM
    I just swapped from Sprint to Verizon and the Storm2 after Sprint told me to perform sexual intercourse upon my own person when I demanded they replace another broken Curve and was told no. I got the S2 and asked about the S3. The rep I talked to said "mid spring, maybe early summer for the new Bold and S3." Unfortunately I can't wait that long as my Curve went to purgatory or wherever dead BBs go when they expire and Sprint had absolutely nothing I wanted to replace my 8530 with.

Just what one rep told me. Take it with a grain of sand.
    02-15-11 08:37 AM
    I figured i'd ask here but im not sure if the Rep would help.

Does verizon see any new bb's being brought in soon? I think I for one would move to the Torch if verizon gets it. I'm not sure why they havent yet. There's even a bold 3 out (9700 i think?) with twice the memory and a better camera...

Just checking...

swy
    If by soon you mean late this year, then yes.

I just swapped from Sprint to Verizon and the Storm2 after Sprint told me to perform sexual intercourse upon my own person when I demanded they replace another broken Curve and was told no. I got the S2 and asked about the S3. The rep I talked to said "mid spring, maybe early summer for the new Bold and S3." Unfortunately I can't wait that long as my Curve went to purgatory or wherever dead BBs go when they expire and Sprint had absolutely nothing I wanted to replace my 8530 with.

Just what one rep told me. Take it with a grain of sand.
    lol, perform sexual intercourse upon my own person

but seriously, Storm2????
    02-15-11 08:49 AM
    I'm going to be the Pessimist of the group and point out that the road map does not say when Verizon will be getting a new BlackBerry but when RIM might be releasing new phones.
    02-15-11 09:09 AM
    I'm going to be the Pessimist of the group and point out that the road map does not say when Verizon will be getting a new BlackBerry but when RIM might be releasing new phones.
    Agreed.

And I would never believe an in-store rep about upcoming phone releases. The most knowledgeable ones will tell you they know nothing until it's public information
    02-15-11 10:55 AM
    lol, perform sexual intercourse upon my own person

but seriously, Storm2????
    That phrase makes a lot of people laugh. Feel free to steal it.

And yes, the S2. I didn't want a Bold and I'd rather eat mustard covered glass than get another problematic Curve.
    02-15-11 01:32 PM
    I am an original Storm user, yes, Storm 1, and I love my phone. Loved it when I first got it, and still love it now. But I am ready for an upgrade, the memory on it stinks for having apps and such and I'm forced to do a battery pull everyday, if not twice a day. I've been patiently waiting for a new touch screen BB as I do not want the Storm 2, but looking at that timeline and possible releases I don't know if I can wait that long! I'm really battling with upgrading to the iPhone or a Droid or not because I love Blackberries, I don't want anything but, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!
    02-15-11 08:52 PM
    I'm really battling with upgrading to the iPhone or a Droid or not because I love Blackberries, I don't want anything but, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!
    You know, I always said to myself "I love my blackberry, I'll never upgrade."

Now that I have my iPhone, I don't know why I didn't upgrade sooner.

Honestly, whether you go Droid or iPhone, you won't look back!
    02-15-11 09:38 PM
    Waitin on iphone 5.So ready for upgrade!!

02-15-11 11:43 PM
    Patience young grasshopper lol.

02-16-11 01:29 AM
    Hope they get one soon, im due for a upgrade.
    02-16-11 03:53 PM
    I think Verizon will get a new BlackBerry very soon..Att got the Torch, Sprint got the Style, and T-mobile go the Bold (9780)..all 5MP, OS6, and 512mb..I think Verizon will get a new Storm (dont know if it will fall under the same name) ,it will be a much needed upgrade to the series with all the qualities listed above and more..Me personally I think they will have it ready by the middle of the Summer..Hopefully it will and becomes a big success!

02-16-11 08:55 PM
    Just so everyone knows. VzW reps found out about the iPhone when the public did. Don't believe any of them if they tell you when they are coming...

I can tell you this though - they ARE coming this year.

-VzW Employee
    02-21-11 10:37 AM
    Just head over to the Monaco/Monza forum. There is already a leaked video of a verizon branded Monaco/Storm 3. I think it is safe to assume verizon is getting that device and hopefully the new bold touch. The leaked roadmap (from another carrier, not vzw) and statements from RIM seem to suggest Q3. It's a safe bet that new berries will be out on big red by summer/fall of this year.

02-22-11 06:37 AM
    So I'm wondering the same thing I can upgrade next week and although I really loved my curve 8330 I really need an upgrade and don't want to wait. If I wanted to upgrade now whats the best one Verizon has now . I like the Curve layout but want a little more features obviously it was a good start but want more.
    02-23-11 08:25 PM
    Just get a used Tour for now or Curve for cheap and wait for the upgrade. The new BBs might be worth it and if the Storm 3 is as nice as it sounds it might be worth getting.

02-23-11 11:46 PM

Will never buy another apple product again.

02-25-11 03:09 AM
    I am an original Storm user, yes, Storm 1, and I love my phone. Loved it when I first got it, and still love it now. But I am ready for an upgrade, the memory on it stinks for having apps and such and I'm forced to do a battery pull everyday, if not twice a day. I've been patiently waiting for a new touch screen BB as I do not want the Storm 2, but looking at that timeline and possible releases I don't know if I can wait that long! I'm really battling with upgrading to the iPhone or a Droid or not because I love Blackberries, I don't want anything but, but seriously this is getting ridiculous!
    I feel exactly the same way! On my 3rd BB (storm2) I love it but am also getting tired and ready for an upgrade.

02-25-11 03:14 AM
    Definatly wait. if you can pick up a use or reconditioned tour or bold to hold you over than do it. Don't get locked in on any of the vzw blackberries. they all suck. the new ones coming out look 100 times better than what is available. and going from a curve to a bold or tour will be a huge upgarde for now. the 8330 is a pretty basic entry level phone.
    02-25-11 07:10 PM

Yet, here you are in the BlackBerry forums on Crackberry. Nothing like not looking back!

02-26-11 07:15 AM
    The online prices for the BBs just dropped since yesterday I believe. Maybe it's a sign something is coming real soon, maybe not.
    02-28-11 05:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD