I want to get a Storm, but because I still have about 1.5 years left on my contract I can't get it for a discounted price. And making my contract four years instead of two would just make too much sense.

Is there ANY way I can get these guys to sell me the phone on contract at contract pricing?
    04-09-09 05:26 PM
    Are you on a family plan? And the storm did come out 6 months ago why didn't you get it then lol?
    04-09-09 05:42 PM
    Are you on a family plan? And the storm did come out 6 months ago why didn't you get it then lol?
    Yeah I'm on a family plan. And I bought my current phone (Pearl 8130) about two weeks before the Storm came out. I was unaware that the Storm even existed back then. Had I known I would have likely waited...
    04-09-09 05:47 PM
    I really don't think it is possible to change it after only 6 months in. Maybe buy it online is all I can think of.
    04-09-09 06:19 PM
    Full price unless they send you a marketing offer. I got one of those offers recently - early upgrade, steep discount.

Since you really don't want my opinion of the Storm, suffice it to say I put one of my shredders to good use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 06:54 PM
    Full price unless they send you a marketing offer. I got one of those offers recently - early upgrade, steep discount.

Since you really don't want my opinion of the Storm, suffice it to say I put one of my shredders to good use.

You should've given it to me :P I played with it in the store and found it quite nice. A bit laggy, but it wasn't on the latest firmware so...
    04-09-09 07:30 PM
    I may be looking to sell one of mine if anyone is interested?
    04-09-09 07:47 PM
    You should've given it to me :P I played with it in the store and found it quite nice. A bit laggy, but it wasn't on the latest firmware so...
    I thought of that - unfortunately, it had my name & account number on it with the words "not transferable" on the thing.

So I wasn't able to be nice to someone... Or mean, depending on their ultimate opinion of the Storm.

BTW - not latest firmware. The ONLY firmware. Still waiting for one that passes the muster. RIM has been falling off on the rewrite.

04-09-09 07:54 PM
    Lots of people dumping the Storm. You should have no trouble finding a used one.
    04-09-09 08:52 PM
    I have one new in box, $450 via paypal it's yours
    04-10-09 03:28 AM
    I wouldn't buy the storm for over $100.00 it is not worth it. Get yourself a curve on Ebay or Craigslist for cheap and look at getting the Niagra when it comes out possible in July?

You will have a headache with the Storm. Had it 2 different times with deals I got and never kept either of them. Trying one is not like owning one since tryng is limited use only. Go 2 weeks start on one and you wil run it through Twins shreader.
    04-10-09 02:13 PM
    I guess the people who use them and love them (me) are wrong, and you're right. I'm glad you can tell him what his opinion will be of a phone.
    04-10-09 02:18 PM
    Yeah. I love mine too. The only "problems" are easy to work around.

04-10-09 06:08 PM
    I wouldn't buy the storm for over $100.00 it is not worth it. Get yourself a curve on Ebay or Craigslist for cheap and look at getting the Niagra when it comes out possible in July?

You will have a headache with the Storm. Had it 2 different times with deals I got and never kept either of them. Trying one is not like owning one since tryng is limited use only. Go 2 weeks start on one and you wil run it through Twins shreader.
    It's a good thing you can return it within 30 days then.

I'm bloody determined to find a way to get this thing for cheaper than $500, preferably not resorting to eBay...
    04-10-09 06:27 PM
    Personally, I hate the Storm. But I never said no one would like it. After all, there are people who loved their Yugos & eat lima beans.

Remember guys - opinions are just that: opinions. Overheard some guys in the parking lot once say my car looked cool, but for the money a smart guy would buy a Porsche. I smiled, because I know that most Porsches don't weigh less than 3300 pounds while having over 700HP under the hood.

Its okay though. There are people who don't understand our BlackBerry addiction just as there are those who don't understand my American V8 addiction.

And I don't understand Storm addiction.

04-10-09 06:36 PM
    It's a good thing you can return it within 30 days then.

I'm bloody determined to find a way to get this thing for cheaper than $500, preferably not resorting to eBay...
    I got $450 w/o resorting to ebay .
    04-10-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD