Trying to find out what is the latest or maybe the resolution on the Wyatt v. Cellco Partnership crippled GPS issue?

Thanks
    07-29-09 11:03 PM
    I have not heard anything myself.
    07-29-09 11:05 PM
    Quick google search gives three pages worth of nothing new.
    07-29-09 11:09 PM
    not yet? watchin family guy. bye.
    07-29-09 11:09 PM
    You mean the 2007 San Diego district court case about a single party vs a cell company alleging they were misled about GPS on their 8830WE that has been delayed several times and will have no bearing on anything or anyone outside of the case?

I know nothing about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 02:26 AM
    I haven't found anything other than the case itself. Would be very interesting to see what did happen. Then again, all these fancy GPS features now a days on new devices like the Tour and Storm (GPS/aGPS/autonomous GPS all in one device) is probably evidence that VZ was catching a lot of heat for this practice of blocking and monopolizing. Sort of follows like every other issue in their past .... when they block something, ppl complain because its bad and unfair practice, and a year later, wala, the problem is gone!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 07-30-09 at 09:16 AM.
    07-30-09 08:16 AM
    I wouldn't call it monopolizing.

In economics, a monopoly (from Greek monos , alone or single + polein , to sell) exists when a specific individual or an enterprise has sufficient control over a particular product or service to determine significantly the terms on which other individuals shall have access to it.

So what would you call it?
    07-30-09 12:36 PM
    In economics, a monopoly (from Greek monos , alone or single + polein , to sell) exists when a specific individual or an enterprise has sufficient control over a particular product or service to determine significantly the terms on which other individuals shall have access to it.

So what would you call it?
    That is interpreted as a product type, not an individual model. By your interpretation, McNeil Laboratories has a monopoly on Tylenol, Chevrolet has a monopoly on the Corvette and eHarmony has a monopoly on one-night stands.

No cell carrier can have a monopoly on phones, since they don't make them. They can have a monopoly on a service area.

This isn't a monopoly issue, so why are we injecting it into the conversation?

07-31-09 11:51 AM
    and eHarmony has a monopoly on one-night stands.
    Twins, I think I met you in a bar once... Why didn't you return my calls!?!?!? lol
    07-31-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD