I got my Storm 9530 fairly early into it's release. While it has been ok, it still has not been flawless with constant pulls, and twitchy workings. Missed calls because it was timed out, messages not being sent on time, items not being received or received late. The phone has not been up to par.

My question is, given that so many people are looking forward to the Storm 2 being a HUGE improvement over the 9530 original Storm, is there anything Verizon is going to do to appease customers. I have been a customer for a VERY long time going back to pre 2000 so over 10 years for me. I have always paid my bill on time, upgraded with Verizon, never left.

What are my chances of getting some assistance so I am not stuck paying full price for a Storm 2. I have no intention of ever switching carriers, so what's the verdict.
    09-01-09 01:00 AM
    I got my Storm 9530 fairly early into it's release. While it has been ok, it still has not been flawless with constant pulls, and twitchy workings. Missed calls because it was timed out, messages not being sent on time, items not being received or received late. The phone has not been up to par.

My question is, given that so many people are looking forward to the Storm 2 being a HUGE improvement over the 9530 original Storm, is there anything Verizon is going to do to appease customers. I have been a customer for a VERY long time going back to pre 2000 so over 10 years for me. I have always paid my bill on time, upgraded with Verizon, never left.

What are my chances of getting some assistance so I am not stuck paying full price for a Storm 2. I have no intention of ever switching carriers, so what's the verdict.
    man that may bey a touchy situation...... all i can say to try is keep going to coplian about ya bb and they may just upgrade you to the storm 2
    that worked for my 8330 but hey who knows
    09-01-09 01:08 AM
    Yeah, I don't know if it's worth it to push the issue. I mean overall it works ok/fine. But for me, I know I upgraded from a basic phone to a smartphone with new technology. I guess there is some debate going on about VZW offering a discount or special rebate or whatever. I dunno.

I guess worst case is I'll wait till the price drops enough or just deal with my ok phone. I'm runnin .151 and it's better, but still has its kinks and stalls.
    09-01-09 01:17 AM
    Storm 2 will not be the dramatic improvement everyone is hoping for - mostly wishful thinking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:23 AM
    You're happy with the storm right? Just keep it. Otherwise you'll be like the people who jumped to the tour. Happy...until they noticed all the launch problems.

Just give it a months to catch all the bugs.
    09-01-09 02:00 AM
    You're happy with the storm right? Just keep it. Otherwise you'll be like the people who jumped to the tour. Happy...until they noticed all the launch problems.

Just give it a months to catch all the bugs.
    I'd agree. I never buy anything on its release. Too many problems no matter the tech. Wait a few months, it gets you closer to your re-up date as well, might make it easier to do some sweet talking.
    09-01-09 02:08 AM
    Yeah plus Storm OS 5 should be official by then
    09-01-09 02:22 AM
    It'd be nice if they let you do what they allow everyone else do... you know, wait out your contract.

That's what I say. Wait a year, everyone else has to why not you?
    09-01-09 02:29 AM
    It'd be nice if they let you do what they allow everyone else do... you know, wait out your contract.

That's what I say. Wait a year, everyone else has to why not you?
    Exactly.

And like I said to the last person to start a thread on this topic (which is still on the first page, LOL) that's not necessarily a bad thing. By the time your upgrade comes, Rim will probably have the Storm 3, or some sort of new blackberry that implants in your brain or something.

Every big-selling, high-profile phone gets a refresh on a yearly basis. If you're the primary line on the familyshare account, you'll get an upgrade yearly. But otherwise, what's the rush?
    09-01-09 02:48 AM
    Storm 2 will not be the dramatic improvement everyone is hoping for - mostly wishful thinking.

It's a drastic improvement when comparing to the Storm 1. By miles. Is it a all that ends all phone? Not even close. Odin is Storm 1 .5 aka Real Storm 1, and anything more is misleading.
    09-01-09 06:55 AM

What about WiFi? I believe this is a pretty big improvement.
    09-01-09 02:21 PM
    WiFi is not definite.

And, unlike most of you, I have a Storm2. It is not a huge improvement.

09-01-09 03:31 PM
    Okay, I was recently made aware that VZW had deployed a completely unadvertised discount program that will run concurrently with NE2, annual upgrade, and VIP programs and will enable Storm early adopters (10 months in or more) to obtain the Storm 2 at the two year contract price.

I cant reveal my source or Patches will get fired, but Im told that since this is a loss leading customer retention initiative the reps are strictly prohibited from proactively offering this program, meaning the customer must specifically ask to be considered for the program. This program is limited to company owned stores (online, phone and kiosk sales are all not eligible) and Verizon will be monitoring on a store by store basis to ensure the program is not abused. Lastly, Im told there is apparently a set budget set aside for this program, and when that budget is exhausted the program will immediately terminate, so it obviously behooves you to take advantage of this soon after launch or run the risk of Verizon pulling the plug due to an influx.

To take advantage of the program, you must specifically reference the program name, and customer authentication is required so be prepared. To initiate authentication, walk up to a VZW service rep, drop your phone on the ground, and stomp on it. Then, make eye contact with the VZW rep and say, Shoop da woop.. The VZW rep will acknowledge your intent to take advantage of the unadvertised program by replying, Imma charin mah lazer. Once the VZW rep has acknowledged, you complete authentication by busting out the moonwalk. Upon completion of the moonwalk, it is not required for you to grab your crotch and scream HEEEEE! but if you do the VZW rep will throw in an accessories bundle free of charge, so obviously this it is recommend that you do.

At this point, the VZW rep should be lining up in front of you for a chest bump. I cannot stress this enough, but proper execution of the chest bump is paramount. If you fail to engage in the chest bump or do it improperly, the VZW rep may voice their dissatisfaction by saying Pwned n00b. At this point, you may as well collect your pieces of phone and leave. Assuming you successfully complete the chest bump, the VZW should write you up for a new Storm 2 at the 2 year contract price (not confirmed but most likely $199). The only downside is this does reset your contract, but its a small price to pay.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck with the above, and rememberyou didnt hear this from me.
    09-01-09 04:14 PM
    Just ask for one year pricing. It usually cost an extra $70 to $100 more or if your rate plan is 50 or more a month you can get and annual upgrade which is available ater you have had your phone for more then 12 months
    09-01-09 04:32 PM
    from what i'm seeing, the storm on 5.0 will have more improvement than the storm 2 vs. storm 1 will provide...

so yeah, be careful what you wish for....why not bark up this tree once the phone has been out for awhile and you know what you're getting into?

why have this discussion about a device that isn't even available yet? you won't get anywhere...
    09-01-09 04:37 PM
    when will 5.0 be released?
    09-01-09 04:57 PM
    if anyone knew, you wouldn't have to ask...a simple run through a few threads on the OS subforum would answer every question you have...
    09-01-09 05:07 PM
    when will 5.0 be released?
    To be polite.... We don't exactly know yet. Could be tomorrow, or early next year or later.

I would take Patches advice, and try looking around, reading lots of threads, and get to know how things work around here. Remember, search is your friend. Everyone around here gets tired of ansering the same questions over and over and over and over and over again.

my $.02
    09-01-09 05:11 PM
    basically the suggestion is as follows:

google is your friend, this forum's search sucks donkey balls

lurk moar.....
    - just go around reading as much as you can...OS, rumors, lounge, how to and tutorials
    09-01-09 05:13 PM
    google is your friend,
    Bing is your friend. Google wants to suck your data dry.

this forum's search sucks donkey balls
    Yes it does - working the settings would do wonders.
    09-01-09 05:50 PM
    What about WiFi? I believe this is a pretty big improvement.
    That's an added feature - not an improvement.

Same thing with the automotive industry -- Bigger and better come out soon enough...
    09-01-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD