We hate our phones, and want to call verizon today and try to uprade early. Anyone think theres a chance?

(This is Blackberry.Tour!!!)
    07-26-09 01:05 PM
    Yes, assuming you're current.
    07-26-09 01:10 PM
    Sure there is a chance. A decent one even with discounts. At least for the primary line.

Call them. It won't hurt and will do more good than asking here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:11 PM
    more probable than not, you could head to the store and ask a rep to see what options you have for your account. I'm on a family plan as well and i know there are early upgrades where you just pay the full contract price.
    07-26-09 01:24 PM
    I know, but I didn't know if it was even heard of, an early upgrade from VZW.
    07-26-09 01:25 PM
    You should be fine as long as you have no past due balance.
    07-26-09 01:26 PM
    ...most carriers will let you upgrade up to 2 months before your contract is due to expire. But, that is based on how much you're spending a month, in addition to your bills being current...
    07-26-09 01:26 PM
    I know, but I didn't know if it was even heard of, an early upgrade from VZW.
    It is definitely heard of. VZW will usually charge you an early upgrade fee of 20 dollars though, probably per line.

They just let a buddy of mine upgrade to the Tour and he wasn't due for an upgrade until December.
    07-26-09 01:31 PM
    Great We will have to call.
    07-26-09 02:24 PM
    Is your contract up in 20 days because if it is you should be able to upgrade now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:33 PM
    It is definitely heard of. VZW will usually charge you an early upgrade fee of 20 dollars though, probably per line.
    That's not true at all.

The primary line on a family share plan is permitted to upgrade after one year, at the two year agreement price, plus a twenty dollar early upgrade fee. The secondary lines do not have the advantage of upgrading early, and must wait until the 20 month period. So there is no 20 dollar fee involved with secondary lines because they don't qualify in the first place.

So technically, the upgrade date you have is four months ahead of your contract end date to begin with. Have I seen it allowed? Of course, but there is nothing saying anyone has to, it's a case by case decision.
    07-26-09 05:45 PM
    It cant hurt to ask.
    07-26-09 07:29 PM
    just remember, the nicer you are, the better the chance of getting the upgrade.
    07-27-09 08:31 AM
    We hate our phones, and want to call verizon today and try to uprade early. Anyone think theres a chance?

(This is Blackberry.Tour!!!)

Maybe...but call CS for the upgrade. It is unlikely you will be allowed to upgrade early in the store. Store sales people work on commission and based on the commission structure, if you aren't within a certain window for upgrades, then it isn't commissionable. If it isn't commissionable, then there isn't much of an incentive for them to help you out and allow it early.
    07-27-09 08:39 AM
    Verizon has always helped me in a positive matter. just call and ask.
    07-27-09 09:24 AM
    Verizon has always helped me in a positive matter. just call and ask.
    They are pretty good about it. Tell them the Iphone's on sale at a local store. They'll jump to help you
    07-27-09 10:30 AM
    I would definitely go through CS. They are the best.
    07-27-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD